Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MarahariYour feedback matters!
I am 20 yrs old as i am a engineer needs to spend lot of time infront of system feeling severe headache all the time suggest me the medicine. i am a girl of -3 as sight.
I am 19 year old giving my 12 I slept for 14 hr my eyes expanded what to do I am looking ugly with big eyes.
Feeling headache problem weekly. Its from head to eyes. Usually it shifts between eye and head. How to solve it.
My eyes dry sometimes I used many eye drops like 1. Refresh eyes 2. Add tears 3. Misty. Etc now I using castor oil in eyes from last 2 days but still problem is their, I read on google is honey eye drops useful for dry eyes please tell me the honey eye drop recipe thank you.
I got my c3r done in my both eyes (right in august & left in nov, I feel like rubbing my eyes so much, I usually rub them but not too much. Will it affect my c3r operation. If I continue my rubbing will my keratoconus get worse? Also how long would it take for my power to stabilise?
I had a episode of pulmonary embolism 10 years ago, what are the chances for reoccrence. Do advice I am on anticoagulant pills.
I am a 24 years old female. My left eyes start itching and I feel a burning sensation immediately when I start tearing. When I cry my eyes start itching. Please help.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
I have red eyes. I am having a lot of headache daily after college I have a lot of pain please suggest me some methods to decrease this headache and live happily.
I am 20 old I have eye problem I was consulting doctor for last 10 months they given medicines but not getting normal there are its an allergy.
I have dark circles around eyes, tell me some home remedies. I have some hair fall to, tell me how to get longer hair.
I am diabetic and consistently getting my long site vision poor. I am using cylindrical eyesight specs suggest me diet plan I am taking Glycomet gp2 forte twice a day.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty