Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am seem of 26 years old. I am effected from hepatitis b and also I am pregnant of 7 months. So please tell me is there any precaution or cure should I take on this stage. Thanks seem.
I am 38 years man and my wife if 34 age and she did not like sex at all in 2 months once we do sex so the problem is how I do it all with my wife please reply me.
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.
Can you suggest twin delivery mother caring tips. Looks milk is not producing enough. Can we use milk powder to babies. If yes. What are they?
I am suffering from an unknown disease since 4to 5 months I had a medical check-up from more than 5 to 6 doctors including neuro surgeon and general physician after several blood tests city scans they said I have no disease only kamjori and blackness of blood. Well the symptoms which I am suffering is periodically I get in sleep and in this sleep my teeth are not movable they got fixed I am able to hear all the sounds from my surroundings but not able to open my eyes and not ablw to speak these sleep happens normally 1-2 times a day at the starting for approx half an hour but gradually time period extends now to 7-8 hours the time period isn't fixed sometime I awake after 2 hours sometimes it get 4to 5 hoursvand in the worse condition it reaches 7 to 8 hours. One thing I want to mention here that in the sleep my mouth periodically release a vast amount of liquid I don't know whether it is saliva it looks like detergent boubles please guide me from what disease I am suffering. I takes several medicines and health tonics also given by several doctors the only one thing all doctor did is whenever I am in sleep condition they gave me glucose in body.
1. Quit smoking
2. Keep cholesterol levels under control
3. Avoid saturated and trans fat
4. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits
5. Limit sodium intake
6. Exercise regularly
7. Limit alcohol intake
8. Maintain a healthy weight
9. Keep diabetes and hypertension under control
10. Avoid self medications
Sir is it any sign of problem for us if there is delay of periods in my gf. We did everything safely and we did morning urine test also its shows negative result. So what's your view regarding this?
Hii doc, my blood group is A -Ve and my husband blood group is A +Ve. So I just want to know is there any issues in our life regarding baby because I heard many things related to that n lots of questions in my mind so pls suggest me something what to do. Can we conceive with this condition.
Hi my wife is pregnant about two and half month is completed, we have done all tests consult by local Gynecologist, including ultrasound and all things are ok I have a question in my mind that can we have sex during pregnancy, and can we discharge inside the vagina, please guide.
If she have sex with her boyfriend with condom. Is it safe? And if by chance the condom gets torn then what should be done?
Bitter gourd has multiple health benefits. It is mostly consumed for triggering the blood sugar level. Diabetes is a common ailment that affects many people today. Regular intake of bitter gourd juice helps prevent the rise of blood sugar levels. It also helps cure insulin resistance without taking any external medication.
If not detected at the right stage, cancer is almost an incurable disease. Karela juice benefits to prevent some particular types of cancer. It also helps trigger leukemic cancer cells effectively.
Karela juice is an excellent natural antioxidant. An antioxidant is essential for removing toxins from the body. At the same time, it helps to rejuvenate the body cells and prevents free radicals. The juice of karela is the finest tonic for those who are addicted to smoking. Taking karela juice helps to cleanse the nicotine layer from the system.
Karela juice is excellent for the skin. It helps to remove the fine lines from the upper surface of the skin. Having this juice will also prevent premature ageing. It helps cure and purify blood from within the system.
Karela juice enhances digestion. It increases the production of enzymes that aid the digestion process.
Regular consumption of karela juice is best for triggering the condition of an HIV patient. Studies conducted on natural antidotes of HIV/aids establish the goodness of bitter guard in preventing further damaging of the skin cells.
8. Weight loss:
Bitter gourd is excellent for weight loss. Karela benefits to weight loss is attributed to its high fibre and low carbohydrates and calories content. It makes an ideal diet for those who are on a weight loss program.
9. Immune system:
Karela juice helps boost the immune system.
Regular consumption of karela helps to cure constipation.
शरीर को नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स करने वाले 7 खाद्द पदार्थ
निरोग रहने के लिए शरीर के भीतरी अवांछित विषाक्त पदार्थ (toxins) को निकालना भी बहुत ज़रूरी होता है, क्योंकि इसकी अधिकता शरीर के नियमित कार्य में बाधा उत्पन्न होता है । अगर आप नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स (detox) करना चाहते हैं तो अपने डायट में डिटॉक्स फूड्स को शामिल करें। लेकिन क्या आपको पता है कि डिटॉक्स फूड्स कौन-कौन से हैं?
- अंडा- अंडा एक ऐसा अमिनो एसिड युक्त प्रोटीन फूड है जो शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में बहुत मदद करता है। इसलिए अपने ब्रेकफास्ट में रोज एक अंडा शामिल करना न भूलें।
- ओट्स- ओट्स एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट और घुलनशील फाइबर (soluble fibre) का सबसे अच्छा स्रोत होता है, जो लीवर से पित्त को निकालकर शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को उन्नत करने के साथ-साथ चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में भी मदद करता है।
- प्याज़ और लहसुन – ये नैचरल प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) के स्रोत होते हैं जो अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ के उत्पादन में मदद करते हैं। यह प्रोबायोटिक शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को और अच्छी तरह से करने में मदद तो करते ही हैं साथ ही डिटॉक्स करने में भी सहायता करते हैं।
- विटामिन बी वाले फूड्स- क्या आपको पता है विटामिन बी युक्त खाद्द पदार्थ हजम शक्ति बढ़ाकर शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में मदद करते हैं? चयापचय अच्छी तरह होने पर शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ आसानी से निकल जाते हैं। विटामिन बी6 के लिए केला,विटामिन बी12 के लिए मछली और पोलट्री और विटामिन बी के लिए हरे पत्तेदार सब्ज़ियाँ खा सकते हैं।
- बीन्स और मसूर दाल (lentils)- बीन्स और मसूर दाल प्रोटीन का स्रोत होने के साथ-साथ जिन्क और मैग्नेशियम से भरपूर होते हैं। इनके ये गुण शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाकर शरीर के विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
- खट्टे फल- खट्टे फलों में जो एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट के गुण होते हैं वे शरीर को डिटॉक्सफाई (detoxify) करने में मदद करते हैं। खट्टे फलों (citrus fruits) में संतरा, मोसंबी और नींबू आदि आते हैं।
- दही- रोज दही खायें और निरोग रहें। क्योंकि दही खाने से शरीर में प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) यानि अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ का उत्पादन होता है जो हजम शक्ति और चयापचय के दर को बढ़ाने के साथ-साथ शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
Hi I am about to get married this month end. We are planning to not to have children for 1 year. But we want to involve in sex. Can you please provide some suggestions. What are the side effects if we use any contraception pills. When should she take that pills. Can you please help on this.
For thousands of years, breathing practices were believed to improve our health and wellness.
Modern research has shown that this is still the case: proper breathing can help us boost our immune system, lower blood pressure, accelerate healing and much more.You may be wondering: “why would I need to learn how to breathe? I was born breathing!”
Well, yes, apparently we were all breathing professionals as new-borns.
According to Don Campbell, author of Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath At A Time, we were born with a natural ability to breathe. If you ever watched a baby breath, he says, “you will notice that they inhale naturally and deeply and their stomachs expands like a balloon with each breath”.
Sadly, however, this ability doesn’t follow us for too long: modern life and its usual patterns such as stressful lifestyle and sedentary habits take over our natural ability to breathe slowly. Have you observed your breathing pattern when you are experiencing emotional overwhelm or everyday stress?
As stated in one of Harvard Medical School’s publications on breathing: “one reason may be that our culture often rewards us for stifling strong emotions. Girls and women are expected to rein in anger. Boys and men are exhorted not to cry. What happens when you hold back tears, stifle anger during a charged confrontation, tiptoe through a fearful situation, or try to keep pain at bay? Unconsciously, you hold your breath or breathe irregularly.”
Breathing can help us relax and gain focus by getting rid of the tensions in our body.
That’s why ancient practices like yoga, meditation and Pilates are proven methods for your mind body health.
THE BENEFITS OF SLOW BREATHING
“When we go below 10 breaths a minute we engage the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps the body relax when it has been injured”, states Clinical Psychologist Dr. Meunch. Slow breathing, he continues: “activates the vagus nerve, the primary cranial nerve, which is associated with a recuperative state.”
The benefits of breathing don’t stop here though.
Slow breathing has been proved to regulate high blood pressure, which is one of the main risk factors for strokes and heart attacks.
For this reason, different breathing devices have recently landed to the market, including Resporate. This device first monitors patient’s breaths per minute.
Then it plays musical notes so that the patient can breathe in on one note, and breathes out on another.
The slower the breath, the longer the note will play.
On top of physical benefits, breathing also affects our minds.
With deep inhalation we bring more oxygen into our bodies, with deep exhalation we are removing toxins from our body. Simple yet fascinating process.
SO HOW DO WE BREATHE PROPERLY?
The air you breathe in through your nose should go all the way down to your stomach. Your breathing muscles consist of the diaphragm and muscles in your core, chest, neck and shoulders. For deep breath, 70-80% of the inhaling should be done by pushing your diaphragm away from your ribcage. In simple words, go back to being a baby and fill your belly and chest with oxygen!
Try this breathing exercise out. This can be executed anywhere, at your desk in the office, at home or when on public transportation:
1) Inhale deeply, for 2 seconds. When you do this, think of filling your lungs from the bottom to the top.
2) Hold for 1 second.
3) To help activate your diaphragm, exhale for 2 seconds, as it you were blowing out a candle.
4) Hold for another second.
Once you master this simple exercise, your body will remember this breathing technique and you will start to incorporate slow breathing into your daily activities.