Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar Rao EnugantiYour feedback matters!
Toxic shock syndrome is a severe condition resulting from a bacterial infection. This infection is caused by the bacteria, Staphylococcus Aureus, which enter the bloodstream. Once into the bloodstream, the bacteria start producing toxins in the body. This is common among menstruating women who have a habit of using super-absorbent tampons. It can, however, also affect men and children.
In case of toxic shock syndrome, one might experience symptoms of low blood pressure and fever. Dryness of the eyes and the mouth, muscle pain and diarrhea are also common symptoms of this disorder. Your blood pressure may drop suddenly, making you prone to fatigue and nausea.
This type of infection occurs when the bacteria enter the body through a cut or sore on the skin. Women who use tampons during their menstrual cycles are vulnerable as tampons happen to be thriving spots for bacteria if aren’t changed frequently. Fibers present in the tampons may also create friction against the vagina, thus creating an opening for the bacteria to enter the bloodstream.
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors for toxic shock syndrome:
- Presence of an open wound on the skin
- Giving birth to a child
- Using vaginal sponge or diaphragm as contraceptives
This disorder is considered to be a medical emergency. To combat the bacterial infection, antibiotics are administered into the body via intravenous means. The course of the antibiotic treatment lasts for about 7-8 weeks. There are other treatments for this disorder, which mainly depend on the causes. If the cause of the disorder is a tampon or a vaginal sponge, then it will need to be removed from the body. In case of a wound being the cause, the pus from the wound will need to be drained. Blood pressure medications are also possible treatment modes for toxic shock syndrome.
You can also follow these preventive measures:
1. Replace your tampon regularly
2. Avoid using super absorbent tampons
3. Use sanitary napkins when the volume of bleeding is low
4. In case of wounds, keep the area clean and dry
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Cervical cancer is highly preventable with regular screening tests and appropriate follow-up care. It also can be cured when found early and treated. Cervical cancer is almost always caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Vaccines are available to protect against the types of HPV that most often cause cervical cancer.
Two tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early—
•The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, which are cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
•The HPV test looks for the virus that can cause these cell changes.
The Pap test is recommended for women between ages 21 and 65, and can be done in a doctor’s office or clinic. Women should start getting Pap tests regularly at age 21. If your Pap test results are normal, your doctor may say you can wait three years until your next Pap test. If you are 30 years old or older, you may choose to have an HPV test along with the Pap test. Both tests can be performed by your doctor at the same time. If your test results are normal, your chance of getting cervical cancer in the next few years is very low. Your doctor may then say you can wait as long as five years for your next screening.
Why does my child need HPV vaccine?
HPV vaccine is important because it protects against cancers caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.HPV infection can cause cervical, vaginal, and vulvar cancers in women; penile cancer in men; and anal cancer, cancer of the back of the throat (oropharynx), and genital warts in both men and women.
When should my child be vaccinated?
The HPV vaccine is recommended for preteen boys and girls at age 11 or 12 so they are protected before ever being exposed to the virus. HPV vaccine also produces a more robust immune response during the preteen years. Finally, older teens are less likely to get heath check-ups than preteens. If your teen hasn't gotten the vaccine yet, talk to their doctor or nurse about getting it for them as soon as possible
3 Things Parents Need to Know about Preventing Cancers
The HPV vaccine is given in 3 shots. The second shot is given 1 or 2 months after the first shot. Then a third shot is given 6 months after the first shot.
IN new current concept
Girls between 9-15 years need two doses of Cervical cancer vaccine ( HPV Vaccine) at 6 months apart
After 15 years Three Doses are required at 0 ,6 ,24 months
I am 29 years old, 59 kgs, 10 weeks pregnant. What should be my food habits and what type of raw or dry fruits should I take? Is it good to take honey during pregnancy? please sir/ mam, suggest ne.
I have problem in intercourse with Virgin lady. I have intercourse with non Virgin lady without difficulty. But when it comes to Virgin it's difficult to penetrate into vagina. Will viagra help this out?
My girl friend her age 19 she says when she was in periods she have bleeding upto 8 days is any problem to gain children so please give your suggestions.
धात रोग का प्रमुख कारण क्या है ?
जब भी किसी पुरुष के मन में काम या सेक्स की भावना बढ जाती है! तो लिंग अपने आप ही कड़ा हो जाता है और उसका अंग उत्तेजना की अवस्था में आ जाता है! इस अवस्था में व्यक्ति के लिंग से पानी के रंग के जैसी पतली लेस के रूप में निकलने लगती है! लेस बहूत कम होने के कारण ये लिंग से बाहर नहीं आ पाती है, लेकिन जब व्यक्ति काफी अधिक देर तक उत्तेजित रहता है तो ये लेस लिंग के मुहँ के ऊपरी हिस्से में आ जाता है जिस को की Male G Spote कहा जाता है
आज के युग में अनैतिक सोच और अश्लीलता के बढ़ने के कारण आजकल युवक और युवती अक्सर अश्लील फिल्मे देखते और पढते है तथा गलत तरीके से अपने वीर्य और रज mani को बर्बाद करते है! अधिकतर लड़के-लड़कीयां अपने ख्यालों में ही शारीरिक संबंध बनाना भी शुरू कर देते है! जिसके कारण उनका लिंग अधिक देर तक उत्तेजना की अवस्था में बना रहता है, और लेस ज्यादा मात्रा में बहनी शुरू हो जाती है! और ऐसा अधिकतर होते रहने पर एक वक़्त ऐसा भी आता है! जब स्थिति अधिक खराब हो जाती है और किसी लड़की का ख्याल मन में आते ही उनका लेस (वीर्य) बाहर निकल जाता है, और उनकी उत्तेजना शांत हो जाती है! ये एक प्रकार का रोग है जिसे शुक्रमेह कहते है!
वैसे इस लेस में वीर्य का कोई भी अंश देखने को नहीं मिलता है! लेकिन इसका काम पुरुष यौन-अंग की नाली को चिकना और गीला करने का होता है जो सम्बन्ध बनाते वक़्त वीर्य की गति से होने वाले नुकसान से लिंग को बचाता है!
धात रोग का प्रमुख कारण क्या है? ( Causes of Discharge Weakness )
- अधिक कामुक और अश्लील विचार रखना!
- मन का अशांत रहना!
- अक्सर किसी बात या किसी तरह का दुःख मन में होना!
- दिमागी कमजोरी होना!
- व्यक्ति के शरीर में पौषक पदार्थो और तत्वों व विटामिन्स की कमी हो जाने पर!
- किसी बीमारी के चलते अधिक दवाई लेने पर
- व्यक्ति का शरीर कमजोर होना और उसकी प्रतिरोधक श्रमता की कमी होना!
- अक्सर किसी बात का चिंता करना
- पौरुष द्रव का पतला होना
- यौन अंगो के नसों में कमजोरी आना
- अपने पौरुष पदार्थ को व्यर्थ में निकालना व नष्ट करना (हस्तमैथुन अधिक करना)
धात रोग के लक्षण क्या है? ( Symptoms of Discharge Weakness ) :
मल मूत्र त्याग में दबाव की इच्छा महसूस होना! धात रोग का इशारा करती है!
- लिंग के मुख से लार का टपकना!
- पौरुष वीर्य का पानी जैसा पतला होना!
- शरीर में कमजोरी आना!
- छोटी सी बात पर तनाव में आ जाना!
- हाथ पैर या शरीर के अन्य हिस्सों में कंपन या कपकपी होना!
- पेट रोग से परेशान रहना या साफ़ न होना, कब्ज होना!
- सांस से सम्बंधित परेशानी, श्वास रोग या खांसी होना!
- शरीर की पिंडलियों में दर्द होना!
- कम या अधिक चक्कर आना!
- शरीर में हर समय थकान महसूस करना!
- चुस्ती फुर्ती का खत्म होना!
- मन का अप्रसन्न रहना और किसी भी काम में मन ना लगना इसके लक्षणों को दर्शाता है!
धात रोग के आयुर्वेदिक उपाय ( Aayurvedic Remedies for Discharge Falling )
- गिलोय ( Tinospora ) : धात रोग से मुक्ति प्राप्त करने के लिए 2 चम्मच गिलोय के रस में 1 चम्मच शहद मिलकर लेना चाहिए!
- आंवले ( Amla ) : प्रतिदिन सुबह के वक़्त खाली पेट दो चम्मच आंवले के रस को शहद के साथ लें! इससे जल्द ही धात पुष्ट होने लगती है! सुबह शाम आंवले के चूर्ण को दूध में मिला कर लेने से भी धात रोग में बहूत लाभ मिलता है!
- तुलसी ( Basil ): 3 से 4 ग्राम तुलसी के बीज और थोड़ी सी मिश्री दोनों को मिलाकर दोपहर का खाना खाने के बाद खाने से जल्दी ही लाभ होता है!
- सफ़ेद मुसली ( White Asparagus Abscendens ): अगर 10 ग्राम सफ़ेद मुसली का चूर्ण में मिश्री मिलाकर खाया जाए और उसके बाद ऊपर से लगभग 500 ग्राम गाय का दूध पी लें तो अत्यंत लाभ करी होता है! इस उपाय से शरीर को अंदरूनी शक्ति मिलती है और व्यक्ति के शरीर को रोगों से लड़ने के लिए शक्ति मिलती है!
- उड़द की दाल ( Udad Pulses ) : अगर उड़द की दाल को पीसकर उसे खांड में भुन लिया जाए तो भी जबरदस्त लाभ जल्दी ही मिलता है!
- जामुन की गुठली ( Kernels of Blackberry ): जामुन की गुठलियों को धुप में सुखाकर उसका पाउडर बना लें और उसे रोज दूध के साथ खाएं! कुछ हफ़्तों में करने पर ही आपका धात गिरना बंद हो जायेगा!
Dear sir/madam, I am 28 years old, suffering from loose penis during intercourse, I am soaking coconut and dry dates over night in the milk and eat it in morning, will this help me to overcome my erection problem , and hard penis during sex, Or should I add almonds also in that milk over night period, please give your opinions.
￼Cervical spondylosis is a medical term for neck pain caused by age-related ‘wear and tear’ of bones and tissues.
The degenerative process chiefly affects the vertebral bodies, the neural foramina, and the facet joints. If it may cause severe pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory or motor disturbances, which causes pain, paresthesia, and muscle weakness in the limbs.
Causes of cervical spondylosis
- Spondylosis is caused from years of constant eccentric pressure, from joint subluxation or poor posture, being placed on the vertebrae, and the discs between them. The aberrant stress causes the body to compose new bone in order to compensate for the new weight distribution. This eccentric weight bearing from bone displacement will cause spondylosis to occur.
- Poor postures and loss of the mundane spinal curves can lead to spondylosis as well. Spondylosis can affect a person at any age; however, older people are more affected.
- Cervical spondylosis is a very prevalent condition. It's estimated that 8 out of 10 adults will have some degree of cervical spondylosis by the time they are 60 years old (but many will not have any conspicuous symptoms).
- The most cases outlook of cervical spondylosis is generally good. Most cases respond well to treatment after a few weeks.
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis
- Cervical spondylosis includes neck pain and shoulder pain. The pain can be rigorous in some cases.
- Infrequent headaches may occur, that customarily start at the back of the head, just above the neck, and peregrinate over top of the forehead.
- Pain conventionally comes and goes, with flare-ups followed by symptom-free periods.
- Around 1 in 10 people develop perennial (chronic) pain.
- Other, more severe, symptoms customarily only occur if you develop:
- Cervical radiculopathy – where a slipped disc or other bone pinches or irritates a nerve
- The most common symptom of cervical radiculopathy is the sharp pain that" travels" down one of your arms (known as brachialgia).
- You may experience some numbness or" pins and needles" in the affected arm, and stretching your neck and turning your head makes the pain worse.
Diagnosis of cervical spondylosis
- The spurling test may be used to evaluate patients with cervical radiculopathy. The sign is elicited by extending, rotating, and laterally flexing the patient’s neck toward the symptomatic side. Then, the doctor applies axial pressure on the spine. Pressure applied on top of the head may increase symptoms.
- The spurling test has a sensitivity of 30% to 60% and a specificity of 90% to 100%, quite similar to those of other provocative maneuvers (low sensitivity but high specificity). This test help confirms the diagnosis of cervical radiculopathy.
- X-ray, and mri scans are helpful for diagnosis of pain but generally not definitive and must be considered together with history and physical examinations.
Cervical spondylosis treatment
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of signs of sickness. The goal of treatment relieves pain, help you maintain your normal activities as much as possible, and prevent permanent injury to the nerves and spinal cord.
Physical therapy management
- There have been several trials and systematic reviews into the use of physical therapy program for treatment of cervical spondylosis and its consequences.
- There are several types of manipulations and exercises your physiotherapist can utilize to relieve stiffness, strengthen the area, and restore the function of the neck. Treatments such as cold or heat application, deep tissue massage, neck stretching, ultrasound and electrical stimulation may be used prior to exercise.
- During physiotherapy, you practice a range of exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles that support the neck. You also learn how to improve your posture and range of movement exercises. You have to learn correct postures, the physiotherapist stand in front of a mirror while exercising, so you can see your mistakes and correct them.
- ￼one technique sometimes to provide pain relief and improve movement by cervical traction. Traction gently extends the neck opening the spaces between the cervical vertebrae and temporarily relieve pressure on the affected discs. Neck traction either done continuously or intermittently (short periods of pulling and resting).
- It’s also possible at home to do cervical traction. There are pulley system devices that enable you to perform cervical traction in lying down. It’s important if you do cervical traction at home to see your physiotherapist first to make sure that you buy the right things and learn how to correctly set up.
- ￼cervical pillows (neck pillows) are designed to stabilize the neck while you sleep.
- A cervical collar may also help you stabilize and realign your spine and relieve pain.
If over-the-counter pain medication doesn't help, your doctor might prescribe:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs- prescribe-strength ibuprofen or naproxen sodium might be needed to relieve pain and inflammation. Muscle relaxants- certain drugs, such as cyclobenzaprine and methocarbamol can help relieve muscle spasms in the neck. Antidepressants- antidepressant medications have also been found to help ease neck pain from cervical spondylosis.
Cervical spondylosis tends to be a chronic pain condition, but in most cases, it’s not progressive. Only rare cases surgery is required.
I am 23 years old .i have a problem of irregular periods .i get my periods on time every month but after 7 days I get spotting in white discharge from 1 year. I consulted many gynaecologists everything is normal but they are unable to find the reason behind spotting in white discharge .please suggests solution to this.
Iam 36 yrs old and trying to get pregnancy but my periods are irregular past 1 yrs. I had laproscope surgery small crist is removed.
During pregnancy, the ligaments in your body naturally become softer and stretch to prepare you for labour. This can put a strain on the joints of your lower back and pelvis, which can cause backache.
Avoiding backache in pregnancy
There are several things you can do to help prevent back pain from happening, and to help you cope with an aching back if it does occur.
The tips listed here can help you to protect your back – try to remember them every day:
avoid lifting heavy objects bend your knees and keep your back straight when lifting or picking up something from the floor move your feet when turning round to avoid twisting your spine wear flat shoes as these allow your weight to be evenly distributed work at a surface high enough to prevent you stooping try to balance the weight between two bags when carrying shopping sit with your back straight and well supported make sure you get enough rest, particularly later in pregnancy
A firm mattress can also help to prevent and relieve backache. If your mattress is too soft, put a piece of hardboard under it to make it firmer. Massage can also help.
Exercises to ease backache in pregnancy
The gentle exercise below helps to strengthen stomach (abdominal) muscles and this can ease backache in pregnancy:
start in a box position (on all fours) with knees under hips, hands under shoulders, with fingers facing forwards and abdominals lifted to keep your back straight pull in your stomach muscles and raise your back up towards the ceiling, curling your trunk and allowing your head to relax gently forward – don't let your elbows lockhold for a few seconds then slowly return to the box position take care not to hollow your back – it should always return to a straight, neutral position do this slowly and rhythmically 10 times, making your muscles work hard and moving your back carefully only move your back as far as you can comfortably
Some local swimming pools provide aquanatal classes (gentle exercise classes in water, especially for pregnant women) with qualified instructors. Ask at your local leisure centre. Being in water will support your increasing weight.
When to get help for backache in pregnancy
If your backache is very painful, ask your doctor to refer you to an obstetric physiotherapist at your hospital. They can give you advice and may suggest some helpful exercises.