Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjula
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
I'm having low bleeding periods since last 6 months. What can be possible reason for that. Can it be due to smoking? Or some other reasons? Pls revert.
Hello doctor, I want to know about pregnancy, my husband and I had intercourse on 29 and 30 july 2016 my last period start date was 15 july 2016 and according to my regular mensuration cycle next date should be on 10th august 2016 bt till now I don't have periods we do not want a baby yet. Please tell me if there are chances of pregnancy or not.
I am 22 years old and want to know a medicine, safe and easily available over the counter, to post-pone my monthly menstrual flow. Need to attend a religious ceremony and it is considered bad luck. Also, can I know the dosage of the medicine. Want to post pone it by 2 weeks. Is there a medicine to pre pone it?
I had sex with my gf on 8 oct with protection. She got her period on 14 oct. Before this she took 3 or 4 emergency pills in march. Now she is not having her period almost for 3 months. She discharge something like white watery colour n now she has very pain in her nipple for 3 days. Besides this she does not have any symptom of pregnancy. She took pregnancy test many time n also in jan bt all tests are negative. Is she pregnant? Why she is not having period?
Protein is a chain of various amino acids, it is one of an essential macronutrient that the body needs. Nails and hair in the body are made up of protein, it is also used to repair tissues in the body. Protein is also the main building block of muscles and bones.
Advantages of including protein in your diet -
1. It increases the amount of lean muscle in the body
2. Induces feelings of satiety
3. Facilitates muscle recovery after exercise
4. Helps you maintain a healthy body weight
Here are some foods which are rich in protein and should be included in your daily diet -
1. Greek yoghurt - It has more protein that the traditional variety of yoghurt. It also comes with important minerals such as calcium and probiotics.
2. Eggs - Eggs are considered to be a type super food as it is a powerhouse of nutrients. It has the highest biological value that is the protein in an egg has the highest number of essential amino acids.
3. Meat - Meat such as turkey and chicken are very good sources of protein. Chicken contains niacin, which also boosts the digestive and the nervous system.
4. Tofu - Tofu is a very good source of vegetarian protein and it is also packed with manganese. It helps in muscle recovery after exercise and also strengthens bones in the body.
5. Fish - Fishes are not only a good source of protein but also contain less fat. They are packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Cottage cheese - Cottage cheese contains casein protein which provides the body with a steady supply of protein over a duration of time as it is digested slowly by the body.
Related Tip: How to tackle binge eating?
I am 31 years old male having problem of infertility. Married before 4 yrs. I have normal LH & testosterone level but slightly higher FSH level. I have sperm count less than 80 million. What is the predictable cause of low sperm count? I have no addiction of tobacco and alcohol.
Today is World Health Day, let's see what is affecting health the most, world over. Our lifestyles, while full of luxuries that can make our lives easier and better in a lot of ways have actually increased our chances of suffering from a plethora of related health conditions. A lot of the diseases we suffer from today are either caused by sedentary lifestyles or the immense pollution that plagues the modern world.
Here are 4 factors of a modern day lifestyle that are ruining your health.
1. Binging on processed and junk foods
Apart from being high in sugar, salt, and fat content, processed foods are chief sources of synthetic food additives. Preservatives, artificial colors, and flavor enhancers are used in most processed foods. Besides the fact that packaged foods are stale, most of them do not go through proper tests to determine their long-term health risks. Usage of various types of chemicals and artificial additives do their part in worsening the case.
2. Use of tablets, computers, and cell phones
One often hears how cell phones lead to disastrous traffic accidents. But most people are unaware that excessive use of cell phones can lead to ear cancer. Besides, it has been found that the signals emitted for telecommunication purposes lead to stunted growths of trees and other agricultural abnormalities, thereby affecting the quality of the food you consume.
Moreover, computers and tablets are making people more engrossed in a virtual world rather than reality, giving rise to feelings of alienation and depression. In fact, addiction to social media is fast becoming one of the major factors of depression amongst teenagers and young adults.
Also, addiction to technological gadgets is fostering laziness in children of today, making them prone to obesity and associated health risks. Children these days rather play games on their phones than play outside, which also hampers their social and interpersonal skills in a negative manner.
3. Modern transport
The polluting effects of vehicles are a well-discussed fact. Fumes emitted from vehicles can give rise to respiratory syndromes. But besides that, cars, bikes and other means of transport are making people lethargic. Instead of walking short distances, people prefer to use automobiles. Most people tend to use elevators and escalators instead of using the stairs. These lead to less physical activities and decreased physical health.
4. Long working hours
Long working hours are another aspect of a modern lifestyle that is leading to a number of health complications in individuals. Not only is sitting long hours in front of the computer screen bad for your eyes, it's bad for your posture too and can give rise to severe neck and back pain along with headaches. Moreover, long working hours add to stress levels, thereby affecting your overall health and making you prone to diseases such as hypertension and heart diseases.
Are yr me bahut pareshan hun mujhe bhukh nhi lagto me bahut kamzor hun please much koi tonic likbde aur me bahut kamzor bhi hun.
My wife has taken a mifestone pill (mankind) yesterday night but till today afternoon (15hrs) had no bleeding, what is the reason and when should the remaining tablets needs to be taken. Also she is complaining of uneasiness. We had the ultrasound done. Please help!
I have spotted the blood on 40th day is it sign for pregnancy or not. I had checked the pregnancy test on evening but it's negative. Is it my period or not. Shall I consult a doctor.
My wife feels stressed and have sudden mood swings since her pregnancy started 4 months before. Does this happen to all women during pregnancy? How can I keep her happy during this crucial period?
My wife took abortion pills but she had very little bleeding for 3-4 hrs, what should we do now? Can it be ectopic pregnancy or abortion pills did not worked and we should repeat the procedure? If procedure needs to be repeated should we take mifepristone again?
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to Balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of Balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause Balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other Balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to Balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
Other causes of Balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: Otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. Completing the antibiotics course helps prevent this infection.
One can also opt for an annual flu shot to keep away the flu related infections in the ear.
Related Tip: "What Causes Balance Disorder? Is Migraine A Cause?"