Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju Latha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju LathaYour feedback matters!
My wife ultrasound report showing ovarian cyst fluid filled with size 98*89 mm. Now doctor has asked me to go for Pelvis MRI while this is to be removed anyhow. please suggest.
Male 26 years, newly married, if my wife's period (5or6 day cycle) passed and we do sex without protection after 14 day from period can she conceive or what would be the probability that she can conceive. Because present we do not to have baby. Or can you please suggest when should we do intercourse?
Hi doctor there is my frnd's periods delay about 10 days ana at last periods she felt spotting before 2-3 days of periods. Is it symptom of pregnancy?
Pregnancy brings with it a whole lot of changes for the mother-to-be, such as emotional, psychological, social and of course physical. The body goes through many changes and there are some side effects that are typical of pregnancy, the most common ones are listed below.
- Morning sickness: Morning sickness can occur any time of the day. It can start as early as 4th week of pregnancy and continue until the first trimester. The altered level of hormones are believed to be the cause for this.
- Anemia: The increased demand on the woman’s body for iron leads to anemia in a majority of people. This is more common in the third trimester and increases fatigue and tiredness. Good amount of iron in the food and supplements need to be included as iron is also required in the breastfeeding phase.
- Backache: With the baby’s growth, there is extra pressure on the spine and the low back, thereby causing low back pain. There is also an increase progesterone level which stretch the spinal ligaments to expand to accommodate the baby. This is increased with standing for prolonged periods and sleeping in awkward positions.
- Constipation: The increased levels of progesterone relax the body and thereby making digestion sluggish and more reabsorption of water. This leads to dry, hard feces. Many women take iron supplements which also increases constipation. Drinking plenty of water helps manage this.
- Heartburn/reflux: The relaxed stomach muscles cause regurgitation of acid into the esophagus. The pressure of the growing fetus also adds to this acid movement. This can be managed with small, frequent meals; low-fat diet; and avoiding spicy foods.
- Leg cramps: The calves, thighs and feet may experience a sharp pain followed by a constant ache. They are more common at night, usually in the third trimester. This is due to decreased levels of calcium and magnesium in the mother, which the baby needs in significant amounts after 20 weeks. A good massage, sleeping with legs elevated, calcium supplements, and mild exercise can all help with these cramps.
- Dizziness/faintness: When standing up suddenly after prolonged periods, there could be reduced blood supply to the brain leading to dizzy sensation. This pooling of blood in the legs can be avoided by avoiding standing for long periods, sufficient hydration, and adequate rest and sleep.
- Breathlessness: As the weight of the growing baby increases, breathlessness sets in, especially in the second trimester onwards. The progesterone also plays a role in this, by relaxing the body. Mild exercise can be useful.
From two days my clitoris has hadlike an over sensitive/burning pain. This only happens when it's touched. When im not touching it I feel.
This is for my sister. There was a slight itching at the vaginal area for last 2 months. There is an increased itching for past 3 days and found white powdery substances in the clitoris region. It disappeared when washed with the vaginal hygiene intimate wash (V wash ). However, while passing urine, she could see those white substances in urine. When she use the intimate wash she has a soothing feeling but the itching is intense at night which keeps her awake at night. She used to use "clean and clear intimate wash" weekly once. She is abroad (Doha, Qatar) now for a week and will be staying there for a month to attend the workshop, part of her job. As she is new to the place, she could not consult any doctor. Please help her out.
Hi my wife is 4 months pregnant and her blood group is B negative and my Blood group is B positive, one doctor told me that it can be problem in the time of delivery. Is there is really problem?
Me and my girlfriend were physically contacted. But we did not have sex but I fingered her I do not know weather the precum was on mu finger or not. Before 8 or 9 days, now she is discharging liquid and today she noticed that some light yellow and curd type liquid is flowing. Is it pregnancy?
Hi, I am 26 years . I got my last periods on 2/5/2016 and I have cycle of 25-26 days. I was expecting my periods on 27/5/2016 but they didn't arrived. I have done urine test on 28/5/2016 it showed a double line but another one was little faint (it showed positive). Then I was done with beta HCG on 29/5/2016 it showed positive with low levels. I wanted to know how many months pregnant am I? And what will be my due date. Thank you.
Hello sir, My menstruation 4 days late .can I do the pregnancy test after period My last period is 2 feb.
My wife was under treatment of PCOs and she had a miss carriage of 10 weeks in Nov 2015. Now she had consumed 10 tabs of Meprate 10mg as per doc suggestion, but her UPT test came positive showing 5 weeks 2 days baby. We want to continue with pregnancy, what are the consequences of meprate in this case?
Cleft palate or palatoschisis is a common genetic abnormality that leads to a horde of problems and is presently a growing challenge to medicine practitioners. The major developmental stages affected due to this particular irregularity include feeding, speech development, dentition and maxillofacial growth which are rather important to the normal overall developmental pace of an individual. Even though the cleft palate deformity was defined centuries ago, no fixed management algorithm exists for patients suffering from the condition in the present day scenario.
Cleft palate may be successfully fixed using reconstructive surgery. Multiple specialists are involved in the reconstruction surgery including plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, nutritionists, oromaxillofacial surgeons and speech pathologists. Some hospitals also consider psychological therapy for the patient and the family to help get through the emotional trauma and the issues faced due to developmental backlogs.
The treatment for cleft palate usually begins around 9 to 12 months of age. If left untreated, it may cause major deformities. It takes about some years before the whole procedure is completed although it depends on the type and severity of the deformity.
The process involves the administration of anaesthesia after which the palate repair closes the inner, middle and final layers and at the same time realigning of the palatal muscles in a technique called anintravelarveloplasty is conducted. This ensures that the muscles are adjusted in a normal position which facilitates the best functioning of the palate during feeding, swallowing and speaking. It is possible that the child might require more than one surgery to completely close the palate.
Some of the risks involved during the process include:
1. Abnormal reactions to the medications
3. Problems in breathing
4. Need for more surgery
Although complicated and time consuming, cleft palate must be given immediate attention to avoid serious developmental issues. The reconstruction surgery and therapy combined ensures a normal development for the child in the longer run, given the surgery was done at the correct time. The child would be required to remain at the hospital for about 5-7 days. Complete recovery takes a time period of 4 weeks. Keeping the wound of the surgery clean is of the utmost importance and it should not be strained.
Hii I am 15 weeks pregnant can I take raw milk without heating (i.e company name s good life cow milk) Wat happens if I take tis.
I got my periods today. How can I stop it for few days with medicine as I have to go vaishno Devi. please help me is there any medicine to stop the periods when it is 1st day of my periods.
My wife today has tested pregnancy with a pregnancy kit and result shows one pink line clearly visible and other line slightly visible. What to do. She has missed her period only one day.
I had a protected sex with my partner on the 5 day of my period hence the last day but the Condom tore off. I had a contraception pill on the same day. Is there any chances of getting pregnant as I am not ready for it. And can you let me know within how many days will I get my periods roughly?
Hello, I'm from Tirupur. And I'm 26 years old, single. Suffering from last 15 days in yeast infection. Could you please prescribe some medicine. Thank you.
Hello, I am Dr Kaberi Banerjee. I am a medical director of Advanced Fertility and Gynecology Centre. Today, let me tell you about which are the couples who need IVF?
IVF is a fertilization of sperm and eggs outside the body. That means the couple where this is not happening inside are the ones which need IVF. Most important are the ladies which suffer from tubal blockage. In our country, some of the main reasons are Tuberculosis or tubal surgeries. Then comes the main factor. Above 50% of the Infertility is due to the low sperm count. And in those men with absence sperms where we need to remove sperms from testicles or in those men with low sperm count, that means, less than 5 million per mL are the ones which need IVF. In fact, they need an advanced form of IVF called ICSI Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection.
In that category of patients and those women who have poor egg reserve. Nowadays, more and more women come to us for the treatment later in their life have a very high-stress level, modern lifestyle and therefore, we see that the ovaries and the egg reserves are also taking a hate. They receive menopause earlier than their counter pass a few decades earlier and their fertility goes on the worst side. These ladies need to come for IVF sooner rather than later. If they come late, then we will be unable to do IVF and the donor egg IVF remains the only option.
The last indication is the uterine damage. The uterus can be damaged because of the infection, repeated surgeries etc. There are various cases of IVF failures. Sometimes the only option to go ahead is Surrogacy where you take the womb of a younger lady who is willing to do this for a couple and bless them with the child.