Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjor KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 33 yes old male I have fatty liver problem. I have been to ayurvedic doctor she suggest me to take liv52ds tablet for lifetime. Pls suggest me do I have any side effects while taking these tablets. I am also diabetic.
I am suffering from Pimples from last 4years. Now dark patches has been initiated. What should I do. Also gas problem is always there, not having oily food for last six months.
Hi I am Suresh 25 years old but I have no job mentally disturbed and also so many friends I lose. I feel I am alone. Health also so bad. I have gastric problem. Please support me. What can I do for these problems solve.
I am 58 years old. I was having a calculus of 4 mm in my bladder. Yesterday it moved out while passing urine. After that I am having severe back and centre stomach pain. And also continues loose motion. I took ciplox tz and lm has stopped. I tested urine and blood but no infection. Two days back I ate barotta and egg curry at night. That didn't get digested. Now the pain is untolerable. The doctor advised to take plenty of oral fluids. Please advise.
After taking meal. I'm farting and this is happening from couple of months. I'm having my stool on time. But I take around 15_20 Mins to get fresh in morning.please help
I have acidity problem, I am suffering from that when I was just 16. I am not a junk food lover, I just eat normal homely food but till then I can't get rid of this type of acidity problem, but instead of acidity I have no other health problem, so pls give me kind suggestion to get rid of from this type of irritating acidity?
I am suffering from ibs. Yesterday night I drink water just after my dinner after thn I am not feeling fresh. In the past I had suffered a lot cz of ibs. I feel lower back discomfort. I feel bowel are not clear in the morning. Due to this I can't take proper sleep can't concentrate on work in fact in a month there are 5 to 6 days which I can't sleep even for one hour. please help me.
I am having acidity problem from 2-3 months I tried allopathy nothing happen. Also having acne on shoulder and back and some on face also. And I am having dandruff in my hairs I am also having the problem of hair falling.
I am suffering from low blood pressure and gastric disease. Some time I get faint and my foot sometimes swell up. Iss this symptoms of any dangerous disease.
Suffering from IBS what to do Earlier I had taken rifagut 200 3 times a day as advised by the doctor this symptom happens again and again presently taking colospa retard and spasril tablet for IBS as advised by the doctor it's been two days I am taking this medicine but I am still suffering from the problem I am not consuming any fatty products or milk products as advised by the doctor What can be done to cure this permanently Please help I cannot go to work even due to such problem.
I have some digestion problems from very early on my life, so please give me any suggestion for better digestion.
My son is 1 month old. He has a problem of gas in his body . Because of gad, he cries sometime. So what can we do?
I have problem blood pressure since November last these days my bp little low like 100\65 regularly can I take my medicine olmat 20 mg x bd I have also have long problem in my brain tickling of vein also feeling tickling in legs, shoulders, hand, and abdomen region also what medicine I take for this.
Minimum age of person diabetes disease? What is reason for diabetes. I am suffering gas disease. What I ll do stop gas?
I am suffering from chronic fissure and before few days I got bleeding from potty side and I took medicine and bleeding stop but know I have lot of itching in anal side specially in night and itching is very badly what may be reason for that and how to cure it please help me.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.