Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangala B. Yelikar
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala B. YelikarYour feedback matters!
My back pains a lot while studying. Even if I does little kind of work it pains. And the pain becomes more at times.
MY AGE IS 26 year's. MY Problem is that Very Big Pain on My Neck and My Left Hand. Please Correct Advice.
I have problem in my neck. It starts paining when I do my studies or any other heavy work. Will you please help me out to get over it.
Subacromial impingement is a very common problem relating to the shoulder area, accounting for almost 50% of the shoulder pain complaints. It is a very small space covered by bones on all spaces, and in fact, only when there is inflammation in this area does the space become evident on radiographs. There are various tendons and muscles, which work together to allow for shoulder movement upwards and downwards and front and the back. With repeated movements, these tendons get impinged or pinched and so cause limited motion, pain, swelling, instability, etc.
This injury is very common in people who use the shoulder repeatedly and in similar movements, especially with sportspersons like basketball, swimmers, etc. Non-sportspeople like painters and construction workers can also sustain this injury, given the repetitive motion of the shoulder joint.
What causes subacromial impingement?
- Irritation and impingement of the shoulder joint due to repeated motion
- Acute injury or accident involving the shoulder
- Poor posture where shoulders are constantly in a stooped position
- Shoulder instability
If a person has subacromial impingement, the symptoms will include:
- Pain in lifting shoulder to the front and above the head
- Weakness in the shoulder with gradual loss of function
- Swelling and stiffness of the shoulder
- Night pain, especially with rolling the shoulder
- Limited movement
- Hemorrhage in advanced cases
As the condition progresses, the symptoms worsen and gradually can lead to calcifications in the tendon space and loss of shoulder strength. The impingement can go through 3 stages, with both age and symptoms increasing with each stage.
Diagnosis: A combination of history, clinical presentation, x-ray, and MRI are used in diagnosis. Specific tests like empty can are also useful in arriving at a diagnosis.
Management: Conservative measures like resting, ice and heat therapy, medications, and exercise are the first line of therapy. When the condition persists even after 3 to 4 months, then surgical intervention is required.
- Avoid activities which cause repetitive movement of the shoulder.
- Ice the area for 10 to 15 minutes every 4 to 6 hours through the day to reduce the inflammation.
- Compression also can be used which will help in pain control.
- Keep the shoulder elevated like in a sling to help in pain relief.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications can help control inflammation and pain, improve movement, and reduce swelling or stiffness.
- Exercise can be included in the daily routine as it improves the shoulder strength and flexibility.
- Surgery is usually considered the last resort. It is only when all the conservative measures fail, surgery is advised.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
SIR, I HAVE SUFFERING FROM BACK SIDE BODY ACHE FROM HEAD NECK SOLDGER BACK BELOW SOLDGER LEG AND HEEL IN RIGHT PORTION OF BODY IN BACK SIDE
Sir/mam when I stand in attention position then both my knees are touching tightly to each other but if tried then I can also touch ankles .but generally in attention position both knees are touching tightly with slight gap between both ankles of around 2 to 3 cm gap. So do I have problem of knock knees? Would I be rejected for defence services medical test? If yes please suggest some exercises to correct it .does uthak baithak exercise correct it? Plzz suggest exercise to correct it .please.
Side Neck Stretch
There aren’t many tasks that require us to bend our neck from side to side. Yet the tension from daily stresses gathers in this very area, leaving these muscles tight and with limited range of motion for many people. This gentle stretch helps release tension from the neck.
1. Standing with your feet shoulder width apart and arms relaxed at your sides,start with your neck straight and eyes looking forward. Place your right hand on top of your head and slowly lower your right ear toward your shoulder until you feel the muscles fully lengthen on the left side of the neck.
2. Return to the start position to relax the neck. Then place your left hand on top of your head and repeat the stretch toward the left until you feel the tension on the right side.
Side Neck Rotation
We depend many times during the day on the ability of our neck to rotate freely—to look left and right before turning the car, or to quickly look over our shoulder when we hear something behind us. This stretch helps to improve this range of motion by exaggerating a movement we use so often.
1.Seated with your feet flat on the floor and your hands resting on your thighs,start with your neck straight and tall and your eyes looking forward.
2. Begin the movement by slowly turning your head to the left until you feel tension in the right side of your neck. Return to the start position to relax the neck and repeat the stretch on the right side.