Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MalvikaYour feedback matters!
Factors increasing absorption of calcium:
1 vitamin d: vitamin d works in the digestive tract to absorb calcium into the blood stream from the walls of the duodenum. Vitamin d also helps maintain normal blood calcium level.
2. Parathyroid hormone: it increases calcium transport across the membrane of intestinal cells.
3. Acid environment: hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach during the process of digestion is required for the absorption of calcium in the duodenum. Calcium supplements could be taken with magnesium at bedtime or between meals due to the acid environment needed in the stomach to assimilate the calcium. Always consult a physician before beginning a new supplement regimen.
4. Milk lactose: it favors absorption in infants. Lactose is acted upon by intestinal microbial flora to form acid which causes lowering of ph which makes calcium more soluble.
5. Amino acids: supplemental calcium is often chelated, or combined with protein molecules called amino acids, to help the body absorb them during digestion. Lysine and arginine increase calcium absorption.
6. Exercise: exercise along with vitamin d intake helps calcium absorption thereby making bones strong.
Factors decreasing absorption of calcium:
1. Oxalic acid& phytic acid: foods that are high in oxalic acid such as spinach, chard and chocolate, reduce calcium absorption. Oxalic acid binds with the calcium to form a salt crystal, calcium oxalate which cannot be absorbed. Phytic acid, which is found in whole-grain foods and high-fibre foods, effects calcium absorption the same way.
2. Phosphorus: too much phosphorus in the diet causes precipitation of calcium in the form of calcium phosphate.
3. Stress: stress can have a negative effect on hcl production in the stomach and on normal digestive behaviour in the body, and can therefore have a negative effect on calcium absorption.
4. Caffeine, drugs like anticoagulants, cortisone and thyroxine reduce calcium absorption.
V lack of exercise and vitamin d deficiency leads to decrease calcium absorption.
Hi doctor, my close friend is suffering from irregular period problem, she is just 35 in age and not married, passed 8 months she took treatment 3 months course crisenta tablet, and another 3 month krimpson 35 tablet, now 2 month pass she is waiting for her period but situation is critical, now she took divary tablet for 5 days but no relief, she is worried about this situation because doctor said that may b further this situation create infertility problem for her, kindly suggest what does she. Thank you.
I am 24 years old suffering from disease a kind of obesity am 54 yrs I think I have thyroid but not sure I dnt find any symptoms of thyroid I have a bit menstrual problem I get my periods regularly but bleeding will remain only for two day I eat very less but my weight is increasing day by day. Firstly want to reduce my weight please give any solution.
I am 32 mother of 11 years baby boy, I hope I am pregnant but I do not want this pregnancy kindly guide me abortion rules?
Cuts and bruises is a common occurrence in any household. In most cases, they’re ignored and left to heal on their own. However, some injuries can take a while to heal. If you think about it, you’ll also notice that when you’ve injured yourself somewhere, you tend to keep hitting that spot against things and make it worse. Homeopathy is a form of treatment that has negligible side effects and is very effective at speeding up the healing process for bruises and other wounds. Here are a few common homeopathic medicines that you should keep at home to treat bruises etc.
- Arnica: Arnica is very effective when it comes to dealing with deep seated bruises. It can also be used to reduce swelling at the site of the injury. Arnica can be used in pill form or applied in the form of a cream. However, arnica should never be used on an open wound where the skin is cut. In the pill form, arnica can also be used to stop internal or external bleeding.
- Calendula: Calendula can be used to fasten the healing process. Along with bruises, it can also be used to treat ruptured muscles and tendons. When applied topically, it draws out dirt and prevents infections.
- Hypericum: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in treating injuries and wounds that cause nerve damage. It also ensures that a bruise heals from the inside and not only superficially.
- Ledum: Wounds that are caused by a sharp object or formed as a result of painful injections or the after effects of an epidural can be treated with Ledum. It promotes the removal of pus and prevents septic infections.
- Staphysagria: Staphysagria is used to treat sensitive wounds where the tissue is lacerated. In such cases, the sphincters are also found to be lacerated and stretched due to foreign bodies. Staphysagria can also be used to treat extremely painful wounds.
- Phytolacca: This is an excellent remedy for wounds that have a tendency to ulcerate or injuries that cause soreness and can trigger tetanus. Injured fibrous tissue or osseous muscle sheaths can also be treated with phytolacca.
- Bufo: Wounds that cause the area to feel numb and which trigger muscle spasms that leave the patient unable to move the part can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. It can also be used to treat regional hematomas triggered by the rupturing of blood vessels due to the trauma.
I had sex with my bf continuously 3 days its 4th day today tell me if I take ipill today does it work or what should I do now.
I have a bulky right overy with mild pain in it. What is it treatment nd how this bulky overy creates problems to getting pregnancy. Please suggests me proper care of it nd the way to get pregnant.
I have periods only for two days at third day it stops. Is it a problem or can create any problem in my married life.
1. It’s antimicrobial!
Storing contaminated water in copper for up to 16 hours at room temperature considerably reduces the presence of the harmful microbes, so much that the researchers inferred that “copper holds promise as a point-of-use solution for microbial purification of drinking-water.
An additional study from university of south carolina researchers explored the purifying power of copper, finding that “antimicrobial copper surfaces in intensive care units (icu) kill 97% of bacteria that can cause hospital-acquired infections,” resulting in a 40% reduction in the risk of acquiring an infection. The research was done in a hospital icu. The research found that the rooms with copper-surfaced objects had less than half the infection incidence than those rooms without copper.
2. It’s a great brain stimulant.
Our brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another through an area known as the synapses. These neurons are covered by a sheath called the myelin sheath that acts like a sort of conductive agent – helping the flow of impulses. How does copper figure here you ask? well, copper actually helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the formation of these myelin sheaths. Thereby, making your brain work much faster and more efficiently. Apart from that copper is also known to have anti-convulsive properties (prevents seizures).
3. It aids in weight loss.
If diet just doesn’t seem to be helping you lose weight, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel on a regular basis. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently.
4. It slows down aging.
If you are worried about the appearance of fine lines, copper is your natural remedy! packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights off free radicals – one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines – and helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
5. Copper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints. In addition to that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
6. It can fight off cancer.
Copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer. According to the american cancer society the exact mechanism of how copper helps prevent the onset of cancer is still not known but some studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
Hello. My friend had sex with a sex worker recently. He said he touched and rubbed the woman's outer part of the vagina and clitoris with his fingers. Then while wearing a condom, he by mistake touched the inside of the condom with his fingers. He then wore the condom and had intercourse. Now he is worried whether he has a chance of getting STD or HIV because of that finger contact? However he had not inserted the finger inside the vagina.
Hello doctor I had unprotected sex on 29th and 30th August. I took unwanted 72 on 30th August. My LMP is 3rd August. I have not got my periods yet this month. Is there a chance that I can be pregnant? When can I take a home pregnancy test to check?
I am a Pregnant women CD4 count 532. The ART medicine not started. Any problem to Pregnancy and baby. Any specific medicine for pregnant HIV personal. Please Suggest.
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life.
Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!