Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MalvikaYour feedback matters!
I had sex wid my wife aftr stop hér menses. I ejaculate outside vagina. After 2 or3 days she starts little blood discharge when urinate. After 4 days blood discharge stop n itching n burning strt. Now she have white discharge and bodyace and fever. She is pregnant?
Yesterday while in a public bathroom I thought these little spots of red were just paint until I turned on the sink to wash my hands and it turned out that it was blood. Now, if that person had aids am I in any way susceptible to getting it?�I have no cuts on my hands.
Normal menstrual cycles range from every 21 to 35 days, according to the Cleveland Clinic, and most women's periods last four to seven days. Unusually short, lengthy, light, heavy, frequent, infrequent or painful periods can derive from stress, dieting, birth control pills and medical conditions, such as fibroids, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis and, less frequently, cancer. Overexercise and low body weight can cause your cycle to stop altogether. In addition to seeking any necessary medical treatment, emphasize certain foods within a healthy diet to help regulate your cycle.
Whole grains provide valuable amounts of fiber, protein and B vitamins -- nutrients that improve hormonal balance and reduce symptoms of heavy menstruation, according to Dr. Christiane Northrup, a physician and women's health expert. High-glycemic carbohydrate sources, such as white bread and sweets, on the other hand, can worsen your symptoms. They can also impede blood sugar control, interfering with positive energy levels and moods. Limit these foods and emphasize hearty whole grains, such as quinoa, barley, brown rice, oats and popcorn, instead.
Oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, lake trout and herring, provide rich amounts of protein and healthy fats, which are also important for hormonal balance and normalized menstruation, says Northrup. As top sources of omega-3 fats, oily fish reduce inflammation, which plays a role in pain and bloating, and may help minimize menstrual cramps. For best results, replace protein sources rich in saturated fat, such as red meat, dark-meat poultry and cheeses, with baked, grilled or steamed fish. Saturated fats increase inflammation
Flaxseeds for Fiber
(also u can take flax oil of vestige)
Flaxseeds are top plant sources of omega-3 fats and valuable sources of fiber. They also contain lignans -- natural compounds that can help balance hormones, including estrogen, according to a "Nutrition & Food Sciences" report published in 2012. Add ground flaxseed to other healthy foods, such as smoothies or whole-grain muffins, or have flaxseed flakes for a breakfast rich in omega-3s, fiber and protein. Fortified cereals also supply iron, which is important to replenish if you've experienced heavy menstrual bleeding. Your body loses iron through blood, which can lead to anemia.
Fruits and Vegetables
Getting plenty of the antioxidants, vitamin C and beta-carotene is also important for improved hormonal balance and menstrual health, says Northrup. Fruits and vegetables provide significant amounts of both nutrients, along with fiber. Avoid fruit juices and fruits with added sweeteners, which have a high glycemic index. Instead, opt for fresh or frozen, unsweetened fruits and vegetables. For beta-carotene, eat sweet potatoes, carrots, cantaloupe, mango and sweet peppers. Top vitamin C sources include red bell peppers, citrus fruits, broccoli, strawberries and brussels sprouts.
THIS TIP ALONG WITH PROPER HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES CAN HELP BETTER FOR MENSTRUAL COMPLAINTS.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"