Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mallikarjun RYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I have a serious headache on one side of my brain. Its aches a lot like I have to stop what I am doing close my eyes and try to relax to let it go. I want to know that is it just a headache or a migraine or something else?
I am a female of age 23. I see bad things happening as soon as I close my eyes or without even closing my mind create pictures of bad incidents and I am not able to stop them. I see my close ones dying. Be it family or friends. And I find myself very attracted towards physical intimacy too. Is that a issue. Because a person in a hospital who did not know me at all asked this question that do you see dead people in dreams and suffer from bad thoughts. I learned that he was a homeopathy consultant. What the problem. PLEASE HELP. I have too many health issues also.
I have to work on system for 6 to 8 hrs and my glasses number is 8 and 8.5 and even age of 23 my number don't got stable hence I m worried and I could not gone through lasic and appy lasic due to thin corniea is there any other way to get rid from glasses than contact lenses please let me know thank you.
How is the cylindrical power of -3.75 for a 4+ year old kid going to affect him in his daily regular life and also his higher education studies when he grows up? Treatment going on. Specs ordered.
Feeling headache problem weekly. Its from head to eyes. Usually it shifts between eye and head. How to solve it.
My mother has the beginning of eye disease cataract. What we want to do. Please give me a perfect answer.
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. However, there are a number of myths regarding what you should do and what you shouldn't do when it comes to maintaining good eye health.
Here are 5 of those myths busted:
Myth #1: reading in dim light and sitting too close to the tv hurts your eyes
Fact: sitting too close to the tv, you may feel eye strain or get a headache from reading in the dark, but it will not weaken your eyes. It fatigues your eyes but does not harm your eye health in any way.
Myth #2: eating carrots will improve your vision
Fact: carrots are rich in vitamin a, a nutrient essential for good vision. But eating carrots will only provide a small amount of vitamin a. To get the optimum amount, you need to include other sources of vitamin a in your diet as well, some of which are milk, cheese, egg yolk and liver. Spinach is best for eye health. It has lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which can help prevent cataracts.
Myth #3: if you wear glasses or contacts for a continuous period, your eyes will weaken
Fact: your eyes will not grow weaker by using corrective lenses. The prescription may change over time due to aging or absence of disease but it has nothing to do with your current prescription. Some children have correctable eye problems that do require glasses to improve the condition.
Myth #4: when you get something in your eye, rub it out
Fact: this is not true for everything that gets in your eyes. If any particle falls in your eyes dust it off. But if it is sand and small debris that gets in your eye, don't touch it. Use an eye wash for flushing it out. If an object gets stuck in your eye, don't remove it or rub your eye constantly. Visit a doctor at the earliest because some serious injuries may seem minor at first.
Myth #5: dark sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun
Fact: the color of sunglass does not ensure eye protection. Look for sunglasses that block both uva and UVB rays. Exposure to the UV-rays of sunlight can have cumulative effects on your eyes. It increases your risk for cataracts, solar retinitis, and age-related vision loss. Even if your contacts have UV protection, wear sunglasses that block 100% of uva and UVB rays for full protection.
Hi My daughter has a allergy problem (suddenly gets itching in all parts of the body even inside the eye lids. Some doctors suggested atarax tablet which give relief for 2 days. What should you do to get rid off permanently?
My eyes are getting red day by day please tell any solution for this. My eyes Pain Many times. I tried many eye drops but none worked.
If it is good to get LASIK for my eyes as I have to go for defence in august. As they doest recommends spectacle. My eye sight (-1.5)
I scratched my eyelid with my finger,the eyelid swelled,and seven days later, the swelling has gone,but the eyelid has drooped by half. Have I damaged a nerve? Is this curable,temporary or permanent?
I have lost my vision 2x in last few months and is too weak these days and want to control & improve it as soon as possible but I don't like wearing glasses or any surgical method. Is it possible to improve it with a work out?
I am chethan and I am 22 years old. I am having eye sight problem. I can not see far objects clearly. I got the glasses. But I dint get any result.
From last 3 days I am feeling my eyes dry and suddenly water comes out of it, so what should I do to stop such thing and get cure?
Hi, I am suffering from conjunctivitis eyes from last two days can I use itone there is redness, itching,white discharge.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia.