Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malleshwar Rao GlnYour feedback matters!
I sometimes get a twitch on my upper left cheek. Last couple of days this has been happening a lot. Sometimes the twitching is also on my calf or my arm skin. What can be he cause of this and what can I do for it?
I'm 21years old female and I want to know the best homeremedies for beautiful skin on face and hands. How to get fair skin. Thankyou.
Hlo. The white potion of my eyes is not properly white, it's has some darkness And I don't like this. I want whiteness back will you help me pls.
Sir I have pimples, acne and holes on it n main issue is because of pimples and acne. At the time of removing acne it leaves a marks on it it became red and it's burning. Pls suggest so that rashes go and face become clear.
During going to toilet am finding blood stains in motion, but I don't feel pain what is the reason behind this?
My skin is becoming dark day by day and feeling itchy when I was scratching with fingers a red rashes is forming and lasting for a day/two and disappearing.
I am male 26 have white heads near my nose and black marks near my lips portion which never goes and same on my neck.
I am 30 year female. My complexion is dark. How can I get fair and healthy skin. What will be the expenses for the same. Also let me know the duration.
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to dryness. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people, but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff:
- Can cause pimple: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the breakout of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples, which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis, which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured, but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.
I have some skin problems in my left and right hand, basically am from kerala and now am studying in bangalore, is it because of climate change?
I am 25 years old and I use to smoke and my lips are getting darker day by day please suggest me how can I get rid of it asap and make my lips pink?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from with the fissures, so what diet should follow what to eat and what not to eat and drink please help me in this thank you.
Acne vulgaris is a common chronic skin disease involving blockage and/or inflammation of pilosebaceous units (hair follicles and their accompanying sebaceous gland). Acne can present as noninflammatory lesions, inflammatory lesions, or a mixture of both, affecting mostly the face but also the back and chest.
Acne vulgaris has a multifactorial pathogenesis, of which the key factor is genetics. Acne develops as a result of an interplay of the following four factors: (1) follicular epidermal hyperproliferation with subsequent plugging of the follicle, (2) excess sebum production, (3) the presence and activity of the commensal bacteria Propionibacterium acnes, and (4) inflammation.
Acne occurs through the interplay of 4 major factors:
- Excess sebum production
- Follicular plugging with sebum and keratinocytes
- Colonization of follicles by Propionibacterium acnes (a normal human anaerobe)
- Release of multiple inflammatory mediators
The most common trigger is
During puberty, surges in androgen stimulate sebum production and hyperproliferation of keratinocytes.
Other triggers include
- Hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy or the menstrual cycle
- Occlusive cosmetics, cleansers, lotions, and clothing
- High humidity and sweating
- Associations between acne exacerbation and diet, inadequate face washing, masturbation, and sex are unfounded. Some studies suggest a possible association with milk products and high-glycemic diets. Acne may abate in summer months because of sunlight’s anti-inflammatory effects. Proposed associations between acne and hyperinsulinism require further investigation. Some drugs and chemicals (eg, corticosteroids, lithium, phenytoin, isoniazid) worsen acne or cause acneiform eruptions.
- Acne results in a variety of lesions. The most common acne locations include the face, neck, chest, and back, where the most sebaceous glands are located. Along the jaw line is a common location in adults. "Blackheads" (open comedones) and "whiteheads" (closed comedones) are follicular plugs that are either sitting below the skin surface (whitehead) or oxidized from being exposed to the air (blackhead). Papules are small pink to reddish-brown bumps, pustules are pus-filled lesions, and nodules or cysts are deeper pus-filled lesions.
- Mild acne consists of a few papules/pustules and/or comedones. Moderate acne has an increased number of lesions. Severe acne has numerous comedones, papules, pustules, and may have painful nodules.
- Acne can result in permanent scars, which can appear to be depressions in the skin or hyperpigmentation, which is dark red or brown flat marks where the acne lesions were.
- Comedones: Topical tretinoin
- Mild inflammatory acne: Topical retinoid alone or with a topical antibiotic, benzoyl peroxide, or both
- Moderate acne: Oral antibiotic plus topical therapy as for mild acne
- Severe acne: Oral isotretinoin
- Cystic acne: Intralesional triamcinolone
How I can make my face glow? I use maximum fairness cream but it doesn't work at all. I don't want my face to be fair but to glow. So I request you to give me the best suggestion. Thank you!
Dear sir/madam, My hair totally fallen, now skin head I am in 30 years old, you have a any solution.
Reconstructive surgeries are means to usually correct a deformity within the body, which is either congenital (since birth and formed in the womb) or acquired. Reconstructive surgeries are used to correct problems caused by accidents and injuries as well as correcting deformities. It is a large umbrella term and includes plastic surgery to correct certain defects. However, it may or may not include elements of cosmetic surgery. Reconstructive surgery primarily aims to restore utilitarian functions but doesn’t always necessarily have a cosmetic angle.
Where is reconstructive surgery applicable?
- Surgeries to correct the functionality as well the appearance of feet and hands: These may include webbed fingers and toes, removal of an extra finger or toe, or corrective surgeries on your hand from other disorder such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Correcting functionality and the look of an area after tumor removal: Cancerous tumors may require the removal of larger sections of tissue surrounding the tumor. This will result in an unsightly appearance or even balancing issues in the body. Reconstructive surgery aims to correct this and can be done on any part of the body.
- Breast reduction or reconstruction: Women who undergo mastectomy and have breasts removed, either partially or fully, undergo surgery to reconstruct breasts. Some women who tend to have large breasts and thus suffer from back and neck pain, undergo this surgery to reduce the breast size and thus, improve the quality of life.
- Burn victims: Burn victims often require the most amount of reconstructive surgery, which also becomes a necessity to avoid further infection from wound exposure. This is possibly one of the areas where reconstructive surgery is used most widely.
- Accident victims: Areas of the body severely affected by accidents can be corrected with reconstructive surgery. Grafting and replacement are also used in such cases to reconstruct damaged areas.
- Correcting congenital defects: Some congenital defects, such as a child born with a cleft lip, are prime candidates for reconstructive surgery. These have functionality issues as well as cosmetic reasons entwined together. Examples of other disorders corrected by reconstructive surgeries are cleft palette and a deviation in the nasal septum which may cause breathing problems.
Who performs reconstructive surgery?
Plastic as well as cosmetic surgeons may be required to perform reconstructive surgery, depending on the requirement. However, in most cases, it is the plastic surgeon who performs the corrective surgery to return function and utility to the affected area of the body.
Unlike cosmetic procedures, it is your doctor who determines what is viable and possible and what would be the proper requirement in case you require reconstructive surgery. Unlike cosmetic surgery wherein you get to chose how you look in order to get the right aesthetic, reconstructive surgery deals with a more utilitarian and corrective approach.