Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Malathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MalathiYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and stopped getting periods from last few months even though am not pregnant. Please suggest any medicines to help balance hormones and to regulate periods.
Sir I am 18 years old girl my weight is 45 my height is 164. In this month periods not occur? What was the problem? What are the steps did I do?
Hello Dr. Mere stop pregnancy ka operation hua he, Kya first open Krskte he. Is it any risk for new pregnancy or baby health issue Please help me I am very disturb some pressure is going on.
My wife had polycystic ovarian syndrome. Then we took medical treatment and now my wife is pregnant. But on 7th week sonography they found gravid bicornuate uterus with pregnancy in left horn. Single viable intrauterine pregnancy of 6 W 3 S G. A. Fetal pole and yolk sac seen single intrauterine pregnancy seen with gestational sac in the left horn which appears to be non communicating horn cardiac activity + internal os is closed cervical length 3 cm choriodecidual reaction seen is normal no adnexal mass seen CRL 0.56 mm - 6 w 2 d GS 22.50 mm 6w 4d Kindly let me know whether this gravid bicornuate uterus affect my child or my wife? What precautions should we take? Kindly provide necessary info. Thanks.
My sister is 36 months pregnant with baby in reverse position head upwards since 10 days noticed 2 days before and suffering cold and cough from 10 days. What to do further and if there is chance of baby turning?
HI I'm 24 years old my weight 52 kgs my husband age 26 weight 125 kg we are trying to conceive since 6 months but not yet getting. Im also having irregular periods. We took semen test for my husband sperms count was 26 ml motility 24 % What we want to do? Please guide me.
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
My periods were irregular. Last month. I am planning for the baby. Accordingly the periods would be due on 28 april. I tested for upt on 25 april morning. It ws negative. Should I check again?
Role of a physical therapist
- Physical therapists (pts) are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
- Pts examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, pts work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
- Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. State licensure is required in each state in which a physical therapist practices.