Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Malathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MalathiYour feedback matters!
Benefits of tobacco cessation are many. You reduce your risk for hypertension, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases and other serious chronic diseases substantially, at whatever age you quit your nicotine habit. The earlier you quit, the more you benefit. If you quit before the age of 50, you bring down your risk of dying from smoking-related diseases by 50%. But if you’ve crossed 60, suffer from heart disease and/or hyper tension, you can manage these diseases better through tobacco cessation.
Here are a few other health benefits of stopping tobacco use:
- Reduces risks of heart disease, cancer especially lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cuts down risks of Impotence due to erectile dysfunction in men, and fertility problems in women
- Optic neuropathy affects the optic nerve that conducts visual signals from the eyes to the brain
- Cataract Macular degeneration is breakdown of the tissue at the back of the eye
- Gum disease
- Losing teeth early
- Osteoporosis or spongy, thin bones
- Complications in pregnancy i.e. women who smoke have more complications during pregnancy and have low-birth babies.
Your food and drink also tastes better once you kick the tobacco habit.
So, how can you stop smoking? Are there any medications and strategies available? The answer is a definite ‘Yes’. Tobacco cessation has been honed into an art these days.
- Clinics: There are tobacco cessation clinics that help you with tobacco cessation. These are manned by psychiatrists, who can provide detailed information, encouragement, and tips to stop smoking.
- Medications: You can use many medicines while you’re trying to stop smoking. This increases your chance of quitting and including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT can be in the form of gums, sprays, patches, tablets, lozenges, and inhalers. NRT is even available without a prescription. Medicines called bupropion and varenicline also very useful.
- Electronic cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like normal cigarettes. These contain a heating element that vapourises a solution and looks like smoke. Some may also contain low levels of nicotine. There is currently controversial evidence on their efficacy.
- Counselling and behavioural therapy: They are both very effective too, especially if you are being guided by a cessation expert. He or she can help you with a personalised quit plan, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal. Apart from this, online support is also available for those who don’t have the time or money to engage in personal, face-to-face counseling. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I think I'm pregnant but I have already took all types of precaution. Can you please help. I have check with preganews it's telling me negative but still not sure.
I ejaculate in my girl mouth after I min my penis touches her vagina its any chance of pregnancy if her ovulation cycle start of 14 dec but we have done on 12 dec.
Hi, I'm suffering from PCOD problem. While i'm having periods it is paining a lot & over bleeding up to 7 to 10 days. Present i'm taking homoeopathy treatment is it good using homoeopathy. While i'm having sex with my hubby it is paining a lot.
He had sex with his girlfriend last month she did not became menses. Does she become pregnant? Please tell me.
Hi, My wife is pregnant but we never planned for it. Now it's 8th week but doctor says we have to go for surgical termination. I would like to if oral termination is possible n best doctor to consult for second opinion.
Sir & Madam, is there any chance of pregnant if I did intercourse with my wife after 15 days of her menstrual cycle?
Diabetes is a long term disease. Homeopaths resorts to different approaches towards diabetes. When the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it. There are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. Another approach is to understand the patient’s profile through a patho- physiological profiling and resort to treatment of his illness. There is yet another approach to understand the patient in depth through a detailed case taking, crate a profile at his physical, mental, social and spiritual level (holistic approach) and then select a constitutional remedy. Each of these approach has its own scope and limitations. The physician has to take a decision as to what approach is needed on a patient depending on his general health, progress of disease, complications, the organs affected etc. Here’s discussing the four approaches:
1) Management of blood sugar
The commonly used remedies are uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid, syzygium jambolanum, cephalandra indica etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies. These are used in physiologically active doses such as mother tincture, 3x etc. Depending up on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient.
Several pharmaceutical companies have also brought in propriety medicines with a combination of the few homeopathic medicines. Biochemic remedies which is a part of homeopathy advocates biocombination no 7 as a specific for diabetes. Another biochemic medicine natrum phos 3x is widely used with a reasonable success in controlling the blood sugar. Scientific studies on the impact of homeopathic medicines in bringing down blood sugar are limited, but many of the above remedies have some positive effects either as a stand-alone remedy or as an adjunct along with other medications.
2) Holistic as well as individualistic approach in medicine through homeopathy
This is a unique concept in homeopathy. Even though it may sound strange, homeopathy does not treat pathological effect of the disease per se. A homoeopath treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is afflicted with pathological state. He considers diseases are a mere deviation in life force and make efforts to correct this aberration. Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force and the physicians’ duty is to support the individual to maintain a harmony in health (promotive health), restore the sick to health through a rational medication (curative health) and prevent diseases whereever needed (preventive health). There is a defined philosophical approach in each of the above areas and therefore homeopathy in true sense is called holistic system of medicine. It is also known as experienced medicine because all the medicines that are used on the patients are subjected to human trial and assured of its safety even in infants. The medicines are being used for over two centuries and not even one instance of adverse drug reaction has ever been reported.
3) Constitutional treatment
Hahnemann who published his work on chronic diseases and its cure advises to give more importance to the patients past and family history to understand the genesis of illness and to prescribe constitutional medication. In the modern terminology this could be said as the genetic preponderance or modification due to the patient’s life style or circumstances or due to suppression of illness in the past. The homeopaths, therefore take long hours to understand the patient’s history to understand the constitution, temperament, history of suppression etc to arrive on a constitutional medication. This approach is unique to homeopathy and a little time consuming. It also require extreme skill, perseverance, knowledge and experience. Constitutional remedies acts deeper into the system and correct the inherent disorder of the individual. Thus the constitutional remedy not only cures the disease, but improves individual’s health in general. If patients with diabetes take his constitutional remedy, it will not only help to control his sugar metabolic process, but also the tissue to absorb and assimilate the sugar and try to make other organs function perfectly.
4) Promotive approach to diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by lifestyle modifications. Some of the easy tips are:
Eat small meals every 2-3 hours regularly instead of consuming large meals. Prefer to steam your vegetables rather than fry them. Reduce the consumption of sugar, alcohol and fatty foods in your diet
Eat fiber rich foods like whole grains, pulses and reduce your intake of oil. Avoid fried foods.
The lifestyle modifications that can be followed by everyone are regular exercise for at least half an hour. Prefer to climb stairs rather than using elevators or escalators unless there is any heart ailments. Avoid sitting in same position for longer duration at your workplaces. Take short breaks. Practice yoga at home in case it is not possible to go outdoors and indulge in household chores in order to keep yourself active and fit.
Even a patient who is suffering from type ii diabetes can follow life style medications and resort to regular medications under strict supervision of a qualified homeopath, will escape the serious complications of diabetes and keep his disease under control.Type diabetes
Gonorrhoea is transmitted infection caused when people come in a physically intimate contact. It can affect both male and female. The most vulnerable organs that are susceptible to gonorrhoea infection include rectum, urethra, and throat. In females, gonorrhoea might affect the cervix as well. Since the infection spreads from having sex, there are wide chances that the baby gets affected too. Although there could be no visible symptoms of gonorrhoea, early detection and treatment increase the chances of a permanent cure.
How does gonorrhoea affect the sexual life?
Once a person gets affected, gonorrhoea may wreak havoc on the sex life of both a male and female. In males, there could be swelling and pain in one testicle leading to difficulty in having sex. Additionally, urination after sex becomes painful. There could be a pus-like discharge from the penis thereby completely obstructing the chances of sex.
In females, there could be abdominal pain during the intercourse. Intercourse itself could be extremely painful. Apart from this, the urination after sex could be very painful. Additionally, there are chances of vaginal discharge after sex. There are high chances of vaginal bleeding after sex followed by itching of the anus. If the bacteria are very active, lymph nodes of the throat getting swollen after oral sex.
The treatment plan for gonorrhoea in adults
- Adults infected with the gonorrhoea bacteria are treated with antibiotics. Since gonorrhoea bacteria are increasingly becoming drug-resistant, doctors treat the patient with an antibiotic known as Ceftriaxone in the form of injection.
- In addition to this, two antibiotics that are prescribed to be taken in the oral form include Doxycycline and Azithromycin. There are some studies which revealed that injectable Gentamicin along with oral Azithromycin is a successful combination that can treat gonorrhoea. Furthermore, this combination proves to be highly successful in treating patients who are allergic to cephalosporin-based antibiotics.
- In addition to the treatment of the infected patient, the partner should also be thoroughly checked for symptoms of gonorrhoea treatment even if there exist no symptoms of the disease as such. There is a high likelihood of one partner getting infected in case the other one is infected.
- If a baby gets infected with gonorrhoea in the womb, he/she should get immediate eye medication to ensure that there no loss of vision when he/she is born. Babies should also get a dosage of antibiotics.
- Some basic hygiene such as not having sex during the course of the treatment, use of protection during sex, avoiding oral sex, avoiding sex with multiple partners etc. should be followed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!