Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Malathi DeviYour feedback matters!
My age is 46. My wife is 36 years old. Currently my wife what it says are caused by irritation of the vagina during intercourse? why is he bleeding occurs some time after sexual intercourse? for two months, every 15 days once came to premenstrual syndrome (menezes) why?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on last month 27. Till now she did not have her periods (mensuration) came. After sex she took an I pill tab. And mostly on every month her mensuration date on last of every month. Are we in safe zone doctor? Is there any need of pregnancy check up required?
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.
Hi my breast milk is not increasing from the last 2 months due to which I am unable to feed property though doctor prescribed Nestle milk for her to feed her daily. So kindly advise how to increase breast milk naturally as I don't want to feed Nestle milk.
Hi, I am 31 years old female, I feel severe pain in legs and back, also my tummy didn't back in shape after my baby who is now 2 yr old, please suggest.
I am thyroid patient. I am taking 25 mg tab. My vagina will be dry it's causing problem during sex. What is the solution.
I am 26 year old, female married my menstrual cycle before two months short. What the reason of causes.
Keeping your body fit is not only a prerequisite for a healthy life, it is also important for your partner's healthy life. When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person.
This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases:
- Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
- Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
- Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
- Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV.
Me & my gf had sex without using contraception yesterday. Yes we know about condoms and I know it's a mistake, I'm accepting it. 24 hours has passed and my only concern is should we go with OC pill like Saheli etc. Or not because we are not sure if we really need a pill or not. I'm really concerned about her and afraid of side effects.
I had my last periods on 24 Jan 15. I had sex without taking care on 08 Feb almost 4-5 times. In the morng I.E on ,09 Feb I took I-pill 72 hour protection. But till my periods didn't came. I had checked by pregnancy kit it is showing postive. What should I do now.I don't want child. If it is possible to get pregnant after taking I pill
Hi, I have 2 multiple fibroid 56mms and 34mms can these cure by homeopathy and allopathy medicines and how much time it will take and what are its side effects?
Doctor I have got my ultrasound done .the report was normal. Doctor I am sensing swelling in stomach. Also my menses are 3 days late. Is there any chances of pregnancy if I had last sex in sept and til then I have got menses twice i.e on 25sept and 24th oct .or is there any chance I am pregnant. Doctor can the ultrasound be wrong?
On my nose and chin I will be getting very painful red colour pimple like ones before periods start but they are not pimples. They will be very painful and next day pus will be accumulated in them .if they come every month that is the sign that my periods will arrive and start disintegrating as period starts what are they and why they are coming? I am on ttc but when I see these I will know that periods are coming soon what should I do?
My wife becoming weight loss after her 1st pregnancy since then she is not gaining weight. I consulted a doctor near by he gave her some powder of weight gaining which is not worked proper. My wife want to gain weight. Please prescribe any effective and same powder or tablets.
Hello doctor, I'm 23 years old. My period cycle is 30 days and irregular. My last period was around 5th of may and I haven't got period this month. I'm confused if I'm pregnant. I got fever and loose motion last week. And I took medicine for both. And from today I'm having constipation. And I'm not sure it's because of pregnancy or medicine I'm not having breast pain at all till now. I'm just having back pain but that too at night. I'm totally confused what actually is. I even felt dizzy two days back but for that too not sure it was because of weakness from fever or what. And if I'm pregnant, can medicine do abortion and in how much time? Please help me with this doctor asap.
I have sex with my wife about on 5/07/2017-14/07/2017, unki period ki date 26/07/2017 ko thi jo abhi tak nahi hui hai or unki period kabhi time pe nahi hoti hai every month extra days pe aati hai, kuch days pahle o lower abdomen me pain hona bata rahi thi or in dino vagina se bahut white discharge ho rahi hai ,please help kya ye pregnancy ki symptoms hai,
Hi sir, I am a 22 year old. I had miscarriage 5 month ago, bleeding happened for 20 days for 2 months. I consulted with a Dr. And done a ultrasound. Dr. said everything is okay. She gave me pain killer that worked my pain gone lesser. But after 2 month in my blood reports I found hormone levels r very high and its started to pain very heavily again the same pain that I had during miscarriage. I do not know what to do. Where to go. Kindly guide me why this happening again after 5 months?
I had I pill immediately after sex. N then after 8 days of taking the pill I got my 5 day period which was not as heavy as a regular period but lasted for 5 days. Since it was a safe period the time I had sex as it was 8th day of my period so I do not think I am pregnant. Right? And when will my next period come. My period date was 1st oct, I had sex on 8th oct then got my period on 15th oct i.e. 8 days after taking pill which lasted for 5 days. So now when will my next period come? And I am not pregnant as it was the safe period right?
The summers are at their peak already with the blazing sun and soaring temperatures and what's frightening is that this is just the beginning. All one can think of in this heat is to grab something cool that rejuvenates one's senses. One of the best ways to do this is to prepare yourself some refreshing icy drinks.
Well, before you settle for the calorie dense colas or boring plain water, try out these easy to make and low on calories summer drinks that will surely quench your thirst:
1. Watermelon fizz
Apart from the stimulating taste it naturally has, watermelon juice is very good for kidneys and eyes. It has 90% water and thus you don't need to worry about the calories. It is also very high in fiber which is an add- on health benefit.
How to prepare
Blend the watermelon in a mixer jar and add some crushed ice to it. Avoid straining the blended mixture as you will lose on the fiber. The best part is you do not need to add any sweetener! you may want to add some salt and mint leaves for a different sweet- salty flavor. Add some soda water and your watermelon fizz is ready.
Calorie count: 30 kcal/glass
2. Aam Panna
One of the most relished summer drink for mango lovers is aam panda. It is rich in vitamin c and iron and has antioxidants too which heightens your metabolism rate. Aam Panna keeps you well hydrated and thus prevents heat stroke.
How to prepare
Pressure cook raw mangoes (3-4 whistles) and peel them off to remove the pulp. Blend the pulp in a jar and mix salt, cumin seeds (jeera), black pepper to it. Avoid adding sugar to it but if you really want it sweet, use alternatives to sugar like artificial sweeteners. Store the mixture in a jar in the refrigerator. Add 1/ 2 tsp in a glass, add chilled water and ice and top it up with mint leaves.
Calorie count: 40 kcal/glass
3. Sparkling plum soda
Plums are known for assisting in weight loss owing to the plentiful antioxidants and fiber they possess. It also keeps you full for long which cuts down your overall caloric intake. It is profusely rich in essential nutrients like vitamin a, c, k and iron, calcium, magnesium.
How to prepare
For 4 glasses, take 8-10 plums, cut them into pieces and blend in a jar in a processor. Add artificial sweeteners to the pureed mixture and blend again. Stain the mixture through a sieve using the back of a spoon. Fill 4 glasses up to half with the strained juice. Add soda water and crushed ice to each and relish the drink to your heart's full.
Calorie count:- 120-150 kcal/glass
4. Fizzy peach punch
Peaches are the low-calorie summer fruits that offer a treasure of zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. They have a good amount of dietary fiber and have no saturated fats.
How to prepare
For 4 glasses, take 8-10 peaches, cut them into pieces and blend them in a jar to form a puree. Strain the puree through a strainer and obtain the nectar in a jar. Take 1-2 tsp of peach nectar in a glass and fill it up with soda water. Add some artificial sweeteners according to your taste. Squeeze half a lemon into it. You may want to experiment by adding 1 tsp of ginger juice for a sharp and pungent flavor! add crushed ice and serve.
Caloric count: 80 kcal/glass
5. Strawberry lemonade slush
Strawberries bring freshness and add a vibrant color to any drink or dessert they are added to. They have bountiful antioxidants and are a wonderful source of vitamin c. They also have high fiber content are loaded with manganese, iodine, potassium and biotin.
How to prepare
Take about 20-30 strawberries and cut them into small pieces to blend in a jar until smooth. Add some lemon juice to it and one cup of water. Add some artificial sweeteners to add some sweet flavor. Blend well. Freeze this mixture for 3-4 hours till it turns into slush. Add 1/4th cup of this slush mixture to a glass, top it up with soda water and some ginger juice. Enjoy the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
Caloric count: 90- 100 kcal/glass.