Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahita Reddy
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Mahita ReddyYour feedback matters!
One of my Friend suggests me to use Dronis 20 instead of morning after pills? So what is better? In sense of effectiveness and less side effects and please suggest me its use? How to use it and after taking the pill when can we have unprotected intercourse and when not to?
Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which is used to correct droopy eyelids. It reduces the saggy quality of lower eyelids which you get with age and also rids of the excess skin from the upper lids. Apart from making your eyes look younger, Blepharoplasty also enhances your peripheral vision which can get affected due to sagging skin. An eyelid surgery does not help you get rid of dark circles or crow's feet which you get on the outer corner of your eyes.
Reasons to Consider Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is a good option if you want to get rid of the sagging skin from your lower eyelids or the excess skin on your upper eyelids. Sometimes with age your lower eyelids may appear puffy, making you look old and exhausted all the time. An eyelid surgery can make your eyes look younger and livelier and also do away with the grooves and lines formed under your eyes.
Precautions to take after the Surgery
You need to stay indoors after the surgery for more than a week for your eyelids to heal. You may suffer from dry eyes; so always keep ice packs handy. Your doctor may prescribe eye drops or artificial tears, according to your needs. Make sure you always use clean towels and consume painkillers only if your doctor recommends.
It is of primary importance to follow up the surgery with postoperative care. Your doctor will give you detailed information about dressing, a dosage of antibiotics, activity level allowed and also the complications which can arise. Make sure you follow all the instructions and are prepared for the symptoms associated with it.
Risks associated with Eyelid Surgery
Fortunately, major complications associated with Blepharoplasty are rare; yet there could be some side effects of this surgery. Sometimes, there might be cases of infection and bleeding or a bad reaction to anesthesia. Hematoma or accumulation of blood under the skin is also one of the side effects of eyelid surgery.
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?
Lung diseases seem to be on a high of late, with rise in pollution and fall in immunity. It is crucial to be self-reliant and careful while taking care of your lung health. There are certain very basic things you can do at your end to ensure good lung health. They are:
1. Be proactive - do not neglect any concern related to your lung health. If you have been coughing for long, or feel there is cough inside that is just not going away, see a specialist.
2. Exercise - working out not only keeps your body fit, it is good for your lungs as well. When you exercise, your breathing quickens. This improves cardio respiratory function.
3. Environment-friendly - if you are renovating your home or office, try to look for products that are environment friendly. Paints, insulation, cleaning products, etc can have harmful gases which are not good for your lungs. So, use environmentally safe products.
4. Stop smoking - a lot is being advertised and said about the hazards of smoking on the lungs. Still, it doesn't deter people from smoking. If you want your lungs to stay healthy, butt out immediately. Smoking puts you in the danger zone for lung cancer, emphysema, cpod, chronic bronchitis and even lowers your immunity.
5. Wear masks - many professions require people to be amidst fumes and gases which are hazardous for the lungs. If you are in a profession like painting, welding, etc of if you are a construction worker or mechanic, ensure that you are wearing breathing protection at all times while working.
6. Keep indoors pollution free - fireplaces, air fresheners, pet dander, dirty linen, ventilation systems - all pollute the kind of air that we breathe inside the house. It is advised to vacuum your homes frequently, keep the ducts and fireplaces clean, change bed linen every week, inspect your house for molds and always be careful about the quality of the air purifier that you are using.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.