Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahidhar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old male and I have few fat lumps near my stomach. One of the prominent lump is on the left stomcah wall which can't be seen with naked eyes but can be felt when I roll my fingers over it. I don't feel pain in any of these lumps and they are there for I think past one year or so. Could you please advise if they are just the fat lumps or something else?
I have red lines like marks on my inner thigh from last month. Now they are prominent and extend from genital area to inner thigh. please suggest some remedy .nd why they are happening?
I am 23 years Female. I have got fungal infection in my pelvic region. I applied amphotericin ointment and ate antibiotics for 3 weeks. But situation is same. I have irresistible itching there. Please tell me what should I do.
How to get rid of fordyce spots on Mouth I found them 1 year ago And It's still there White 1 mm Painless bumps not going away.
I am having etching problem in between my foot's fingers and in thighs. Due to etching dark brown mark are spotted their. I have used zole f. It will make etching let go But it has a tendency to reoccur after some days but marks r still there. What should I do?. This is very common problem here. Some of my known person is also having same problem. Suggest something.
I am suganya 21 years old I have open pores in my face and oil skin also please give the solution clear open pores.
Hi I'm 24 years old guy. & I have a small round burnt mark on my cheeks. Do I have to go through surgery or any other measures are there?
Hii sir I have too much dark circles I am vry tried for ths I do everything of dark circles bt no rslt r found soo I rqt you too hlp me pls.
During winter the skin from my palm as well as foot starts peeling off. This happens every winter. Also there is itchy feeling on my palms. What should I do in order to avoid it or reduce it?
I habe dark spots on face I have tried all the things like natural remedies, take medicines but it goes light nt fully disappear. So tell me what can I do.
Hiii, I am 20 years old my skin is very sensitive and every time it become dry and rough. Which body lotion is suitable for me? please suggest me.
I am suffering fungal infection near my penis area and on my hand and elbow I have upload the photo it has been around 2 months please tell how to cure it.
13 years ago I was very fair. But day by day I lost my fairness. Still I work under the roof then also.
Dr. My face is becoming very dull now. It is not glowing anymore. What ayurvedic tip I will follow plzz tell me.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.