Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshawariYour feedback matters!
We are married for last four years and trying for baby for last three years. Reports of all the tests are normal for both of us. Our gynecologist have suggested for leprohystryreoscopy. How will it help her conceive. Should we go for this.
My wife is unable to conceive, we got married four years back, all reports of me n my wife are normal, doctors predict its PCOD Earlier, but later she give up treatment giving reason that she is in able to detect problem with conceive, both of us analysed thyroid, oviduct, cervix, semen analysis, ova size, all reports are normal, even 3 times IUI is fail in last 6 months.
Hello, m a PCOD patient. I had my last period on 21 feb. And from 27 feb I started medication of homeopathy for same. During ds medication I am suffering from little spotting problem I talked with her but she said its ok no problem. Is dre no sign of danger?
I am 23 year old female. About to. Get married in next 3 years. I am. Planning for twins desperately. Will clomid be helpful and safe. And what else I can do?
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a precarious treatment, which is filled with hope and despair in equal measures. While you cannot wait to have a baby through IVF and you are terribly excited when the IVF cycle starts with some success, you still need to be prepared to face disappointment at any stage in the cycle.
There are certain reasons why an IVF cycle can be cancelled. Some of the reasons include:
- Ovarian cysts: As an important part of pre-treatment in IVF, a screening is done to check for ovarian cysts. If you do have a cyst in your ovary, the date for the commencement of IVF will be pushed back. Medicines will be prescribed to reduce the cysts in such a case.
- Poor stimulation responses: Usually, more than three follicles in the ovaries are needed to produce eggs. Fertility drugs are given to stimulate the growth of the follicles. But sometimes, there is poor response to the drugs and the needed number of follicles might not grow. In this case, either the IVF cycle is cancelled or different medication is used.
- Hyperstimulation: On one hand, there is poor or under active response to fertility drugs and then there is hyperstimulation; which is an overactive response to the drugs. This leads to excessive growth of follicles, which causes ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHS). The cycle is cancelled as OHS might cause serious problems in the womb.
- Decline in estradiol levels: The ovaries produce a type of estrogen called estradiol. When egg follicles grow, estradiol is secreted, which triggers the rest of the cycle. If the levels of estradiol drop, follicular development is hindered. In this case, the IVF cycle will be cancelled.
- Poor egg retrieval: Usually, an ultrasound is done to check the amount of mature eggs before the retrieval. Sometimes, fewer eggs are collected than what were expected. If egg retrieval is poor, the cycle will not move any further.
- Poor fertilization: Poor sperm or egg equality might hamper the process of fertilization, which will thus impact the development of the embryo. If the embryo does not form at all, the cycle will obviously be cancelled.
- Illness: If you or your partner has high fever or fall ill anytime during the process, the IVF cycle may be abandoned.