Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Magdalene
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MagdaleneYour feedback matters!
Hello, my last period was on 8th June, my due date was 6th July as my cycle is for 28 days. I am married since past 5 months and had unprotected sex always. Till now, my periods didn't start. My legs and stomach have so much pain. Why is this happening?
Doctor sahab my baby is not gaining weight properly or not eating anything is the one of the major complain in any parenting forum and in my clinic also. This blog is dedicated to those parents who always concerned about baby weight. I will try to cover all step by step. This post is only for exclusive breast feeding baby means below 6 months of age baby. At birth baby weight should be approximately 3kg or more than that. Less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight. Babies lost there weight in initial days and regain there birth weigh around 10th to 14 th day of life. In first 3 months growth rate is approximately 25 to 30 gm per day after that it will increase @ 400 gms per month till 1 year. Weight will double at 5 months and triple at 1 year. Usually we compare our baby weight with others and get frustrated our baby is not healthy. We expect chubby photogenic baby. So here I will try to explain the whole story.
Let's start from the very beginning the story start the day we decide to have a baby. Maternal nutritional status and medical fitness have a mojour role. Single infection can cause low birth weight baby or preterm. In us dental infection is one of the majour cause of preterm baby. We adviced to consult couples before and after pregnancy for any problem. You can have folic acid 3monthes before concepction. Mother, short interval of previous pregnancy, maternal hemoglobin level, nutritional status, high bp (pih, viral infection, bleeding per vaginal, chromosomal abnormalities can be cause of low birth wight, prematuered or iugr baby. Women should have healthy food, do some light exercise and try to live stress free life.
In second part of story baby born with certain weight and maturity. Weight less than 2.5 kg is low birth weight and birth before 37 weeks called premature baby. Baby weight gain is mostly affected by recurrent infection and feeding and temperature for initial days.
Too hot or too cold weather can affect weight. Try to wear one extra clothes what we are wearing like if we are comfortable in half shirt we can wear him full shirt or if we are comfortable in full shirt we can wear him a half sweater more. In winter we have wear him cap and shocks but in summer only cotton jhabla is sufficient.
New born babies had low immunity so chances of infection is much more. To prevent infection you should remember these things
- try to touch baby after hand wash and try to not touch the above the wrist joint. We touch by infected hand and baby keep the same hand in his mouth get stomach infection.
- don't give any antibiotics without without consulting doctor and complete full course of antibiotics
- immunize your child as per schedule.
- avoid bottle feed if possible and if you are using it should be properly sterilized.
Exclusive breast feeding is adviced till 6 months. There is either problem in milk production and ejection or technique of feeding.
- Milk production and ejection: Milk production is controlled by prolactin harmone. For most part of milk production is use it or loose it process. The more often baby nurse the more milk you make. Oxytocin harmone is responsible for milk ejection. Suckling, thought of the baby, sound and sight of
- Baby stimulate milk ejection: Stress is the major suppress of milk ejection. Plenty of water, milk, apricot, poppy seed, papaya, oatmeal, carrot, bottle ground, funnel seed, basal leaf, can be used to augmentation of milk production.
- Breast feeding: Proper positioning and attachment is necessary for successful breast feeding. Try to feed baby with one breast at a time so baby can get for milk and hind milk both. For flat or inverted nipple can be corrected by syringing method. Tounge tie or fungal infection can be cause of improper feeding. Feed your baby on demand or every 2hr. If baby satisfied he should sleep 2 to 3 hrs after feeding, passes 6 to 8 time urine. 5 to10 min sufficient for feeding if your baby takes half an hour means you had less milk production. Initial 3monthes feeding frequency8 to10 times day after 7 to 8 times a day may be sufficient.
- Condition related to baby: For preterm and low birth weight kangaroo mother care is very useful. Where baby is kept in vertical position between the mother breast under the clothes so both skin can be in touch. You have to keep baby at least 1 to 2 hrs in a single sitting and as long as you can. It helping milk production and weight gain of baby. Repeated infection of respiratory tract, stomach infection, urinary tract infection, some congenital infection, metabolic disorder may cause slow weight gain. Neurological insult during delivery may cause slow weight gain with delayed mile stones.
- Motherhood is a great honor and privilage: It is the most challenging and utmost satisfying job, and as in every job first year is most difficult one with less paying with no vacation. As a man we never understand these things. So big salaute to those moms who day and night care there baby and wish best of luck.
I am 23 year old female. I and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last week and I took ipill to prevent pregnancy. We did unprotected sex again today. Is it ok if I take ipill again? What are the problems that I will face in future. I think I got my periods because of the ipill I took last week.
Hello everyone, this Dr Parul Aggarwal again, today I will be talking to you about Laparoscopy in gynaecology. What is laparoscopy exactly, we all know about laparoscopy, everybody is talking about laparoscopy. Laparoscopy is also called as minimally invasive surgery or a keyhole surgery but what exactly it is. Let me try to clear some queries, some doubts in your mind regarding the laparoscopy. First, a fall laparoscopy is a procedure in which we introduce a camera through a light source and we see inside your pelvic and abdomen, what exactly the problem is and when we are able to find out the problem, we try to see and treat at the same sitting. Why it so talk about laparoscopy nowadays, why is everybody saying get laparoscopy done, everything should be done a laparoscopy. There are many advantages, first a fall the surgery is done through very small incisions, hardly half-inch incision is made on the tummy. There are 2 to 3 incisions are made, but they are very small. So your recovery is fast, your hospital state gets decreased at least to better cosmoses you can return to your daily to daily activities quiet soon which is ultimately result in low social, economic burden to you. Laparoscopy though comes with many advantages, it has a very low complication rate. And today laparoscopy is not only limited to diagnostic purpose, it is also an answer and a treatment to many-many of our problems like the ovarian cyst, though all other variant things don’t need any surgery those who need surgery can be easily done with laparoscopically. Then you come with the fibroid, this is a very common term you have heard about ye fibroid ho gaya, infertility ka problem ho raha hai, periods ka problem ho raha hai this can also be did with laparoscopically. Even now days full uterus is also removed through laparoscopically that is hysterectomy, logon ko lagta hai ki laparoscopy kiya toh kuch pieces ander reh jaate hai, aisa bilkul bhi nahi hai. During the hysterectomy everything is removed shown to the patient, so don’t have this in mind ki laparoscopy hoga toh uterus ke kuch pieces ander reh jaaenge, aisa kabhi bhi nahi hota hai. It is also used for the infertility procedure, for the diagnostic purpose as well as for the treatment purpose. So what exactly is the cause for infertility and if whether it is treatable or not? Then it can also use for Ectopic pregnancy, Ectopic pregnancy is when the pregnancy is not at it normal side when it is implanted in the tube or ovarian this can all we did with laparoscopy. Why we all emphasis more on laparoscopy, first a fall we get same large incisions which we during laparotomy. As I earlier mention you resume your daily to daily activities, you have a lesser complications and besides inside your tummy also you have lesser of addition. So in future also if you need any surgery or any procedure requires, there are a lesser rate of complications, if the prior procedure had been done laparoscopically. So I will be briefing you about how exactly it is done. This is normally done under full anaesthesia, you are made to sleep during the whole procedure so that you don’t feel any pain. Then a small incision is made on your umbilicus through which a laparoscope like this is a telescope like a thing in which a camera is attached through which we can see inside the abdomen. And then another procedure is planned 2 or 3 other incisions are also made on the abdomen which is less than a half inch. So that the instruments are introduced and we can manipulate inside. After the procedure is completed all the instruments are removed and you have applied a small bandage. Normally the stay of the hospital after this surgery is only 1 to 2 days and if the surgery is big if the surgery is long or it has been like uterus removal has been done or directly has been done, you might have to stay in the hospital for 2 or 3 days. But the recovery time is very-very short you normally get back in 7 to 10 days. In today's era, everybody is working, everybody is short of time, everybody is so much engaged in their activities. Laparoscopy gives a boom to you not only in sense of time but also speed recovery, you can resume your activities earlier and also a lesser complication. If you have any query regarding this, you can contact me on Lybrate. Thank you.
My friend is 21 years female and she is having a problem of white discharge for more than 7 years. Will she have any problem in pregnancy?
- A lot many of the person thinks that what they are and have been eating is correct
- But my clinical experience suggest many more person do not know what and how much to eat to enjoy a long and healthy life.
- Eating a wrong diet is first major error towards all the major diseases like obesity,High BP,Heart diseases,Diabetes etc.
- Be mindful of what and how much you eat.