Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MadhuriYour feedback matters!
Dark pigmentation under my eyes, is it a sign of a hidden problem and how can it be cured. Please advice.
I'm using patanjali amla hair oil for hair fall. hair fall is quite in control but right from start use of it I'm also having problem of pimples. So is it the reason of having pimples due to oil? Or, weather I should stop using that oil? Please suggest any any antibiotics for it?
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer. Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Related Tip: Best Summer Hair Care Regimen for Lifeless Hair?
My son is 8 years old he is having skin allergy from paint.. His whole body start having red rashes.
Sir my hand skin mostly elbow part get darken and it seems uneven it get tanned and also consult me what should I do to improve my skin texture of my hand it is very dull. Please sir help me out.
I am almost lost my all my front side hairs and now started medications. Can you suggest me whether I need an hairtransplantation. Is that a only solution now?
I am 21 year old boy, my face is looking dare and black due to sunny weather. Please suggest any face wash doctors. I want to look fare please help me. Thank you.
My sister studying 12th standard, she has hair loosing problem! how to control this problem? Taking iron tablet is good or bad?
An orange is much more than just a refreshing tangy fruit. Orange, rich in Vitamin C, is the best all rounder when it comes to your skin. It’s rich in antioxidants and helps your skin to get younger looking, glowing and healthy. It’s almost a miracle for your skin.
Ground orange peels (and nothing else) just on their own make for the perfect scrub.
It has these 4 effects on your skin.
1. Scrubbing off Dead Skin: The leathery granular texture & calcium present in it, serves as a gentle but extremely effective scrub, removing layers of dead and decaying skin.
2. Moisturizing: The natural oil & potassium present in orange peel moisturizes & hydrates your skin simultaneously.
3. Anti-ageing: The antioxidants neutralize the free radicals keeping wrinkles and sagging cheeks at bay. Vitamin C & Magnesium present in it make skin glowing, youthful & healthy.
4. Skin Lightening: The orange peel also serves as a natural bleaching agent which helps with skin whitening.
How to Get the Glow: To get an instant glow, all you need to do is rub frozen orange peel cubes onto your skin. Continue rubbing till the cubes dissolve onto your skin into a scrub/mask. Splash your face with water to reveal the magic!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Mere face ke pimples mitane ke liye mujhe aapki salah chahiye. & pimples dur karne ke liya kya karun ?
I am getting too much acne on my face. Some medicine that would give instant clean look because I have my bdae next week.
How can you stop hair fall resulting from chemical treatment? I once took a well hair straightening from an untrained professional, who applied the cream directly on my scalp and I have been suffering from intense hair fall since the very next day. It has been 4 years now but my hair does'nt stop falling. What do you recommend?
My son is 12 years old and suffering from alopecia. He is getting homeopathic treatment which helps but new patches keep recurring repeatedly. Can you suggest the best form of treatment for this problem or a remedy.
मेरे चहरे पर pimples हो गए है मेंने कई प्रकार के facewash भी use करे पर कुछ नही हुआ तो मे कुछ suggestion चाहता हु ।।
I am sixty five years old and I am having the habit of late sleeping I am suffering from diabetes with psoriasis due to itching and burning I could not sleep as and when I slept around 2 to 2.30 p.m. I awake late in the morning.
Acne problem. I can't get rid of acne. Now I'm using Adapalene Microspheres plus clindamycin phosphate gel and Isotretinoin (micronized) capsules for acne and skinless cream for scars. My acne cured but again it starts and not getting rid of scars. And I use D-acne face wash.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.