Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhulatha Alexander
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhulatha AlexanderYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a positive pregnancy test and its about 16 days ago when we were together I want to terminate pregnancy with total secrecy with medication and pills. Is there any risk while taking these pills. will it not cause any emergency. because I don't want to disclose it.
Pain in my abdomen, also pain in my left breast and some watery discharge come from it without squeezing.
Hi Doctor, If had sex and did not take any tablet to stop pregnancy for 2 weeks. Later realized she missed her period, is there a way to stop pregnancy after 2 weeks. Kindly suggest.
Dear doctor. I like only vagina sucking except anal sex. How I will do vagina sucking safe and secure for fun.
Most people these days spend hours working on computers, owing to the sedentary nature of their jobs. Desk-bound office jobs require you to sit in one place for long hours. This often leads to nerve and muscle tension related to posture. A good posture refers to how you carry your body- keeping your back straight in an erect position, placing your arms and legs in the correct position so that the joints are not bent or twisted.
Unfortunately, most people do not pay attention to correct posture and end up complaining about backaches and joint pain. If you don’t keep your spine aligned, or if your feet do not touch the ground while sitting on a chair, then you may experience pain and discomfort afterwards. The pain is severe in people who work for about 8-10 hours daily while sitting in the same posture throughout.
Signs to watch out for-
Poor posture can result in mild to severe pain. The usual symptoms are-
- Lower back pain
- Stiffness and pain in the neck
- Muscular tension and shoulder pain
- Pain in the forearms and wrist
- Lumbar disc bulging
- Pain in the joints (knee and hips)
How does office ergonomics help manage your posture?
Most people don’t even realize the importance of maintaining a good posture. A healthy posture not only makes you feel comfortable at work but also prevents muscle-related problems. Here are a few tips to improve your posture at your workplace-
- Choosing the right chair is more important than you can even imagine. A chair with proper support system will prevent your back form bending too much, and thereby reduce the risk of back pain. Make sure your back is in an erect position so that your spine does not bend.
- Don’t keep your shoulders rounded and don’t bend your neck forward to lean on the computer screen. Otherwise you will have a stiff neck leading to spondylitis. Keeping your shoulders and head straight will prevent shoulder ache and neck stiffness.
- It’s important to rest your foot on the ground. If you find it difficult to reach the floor, arrange for a footrest. If the chair is too high for you, adjust it as per your convenience to prevent ill posture. Resting your feet evenly on the floor will prevent leg pain.
How does physiotherapy improve your posture?
Physiotherapy plays a great role in improving poor posture. Physiotherapy evaluates your body mechanism, mobility and strength to determine what exactly needs to be done. The commonly used techniques are-
- Joint Mobilization- This is a hands-on treatment technique for musculoskeletal conditions. Usually this method is targeted towards the synovial joints to achieve therapeutic effect.
- Dry needling- A needle is inserted gently into your skin to target the muscle that’s triggering the pain. A jump response upon inserting the needle is a good sign. It indicates that the therapy is working fine. It increases blood circulation in the targeted area and helps relax your muscles.
- Exercise- Moderate exercises, especially yoga and pilates, are very effective in treating posture-related pain. Yoga poses like bhujang asana, dhanurasana, padmasana stretch your muscles, spine and reduce body pain.
Other than these, frequent walking (at an interval of every 1-2 hours) can help reduce pain and help flex your muscles. Physiotherapy is a safe mode of treatment with much lesser side effects than other conventional methods. A proper diagnosis, treatment and frequent follow ups can improve poor posture and keep you active. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 21 years old, I went for an unprotected sex on 15th feb of this month several times (5 times but ejaculation outside) at a time but my partner is saying he did not ejaculated inside me every time he ejaculated was outside my vagina but still I took ipill on 16th feb within 24 hours. My menses actually commences on 28-30th of every month. After taking ipil for two days I was suffering from dizziness, headache, constipation, abdomen pain, back pain, loose motion, weakness. From 19th from my vagina a white type of liquid started flowing till now it is flowing but the amount decreased a bit. moreover on 20th feb some drops of blood came out from my vagina at night. But till now there is no sign of bleeding as it was mentioned that withdrawal bleeding will occur within 4-5 days. So, I am actually pretty much worried and tensed, please guide me and help me.
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus.