Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhukar RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor This is Nilofer here I have problems in my mouth I am suffering from lichen planus in My mouth and Solaris past 2 year I am suffering from this but it's not getting over I have consult a skin doctor and many other doctors can you please help me put.
My teeth are too pale. I don't smoke, don't take beverage. Clean teeth twice a day. My age is only 20 What is the reason behind this.
I am a 20 year old male and am suffering ulcers since 5 days and am already using orasore and other sprays This is not working should I go for a laser or not.
I'm worried that my teeth are very yellowish in colour. What should I di to make it white. And one more problems is, I'm not able to brushmy teeth for longer time in the morning. Within 3-4 seconds I feel like vomiting. So I stop brushing. How to fix this problem and brush for longer time. Pls help doctor. TIA.
Gone are the days when braces were only for children and teenagers. Today, adults don’t need to shy away from wearing braces just because it will look unattractive. It is time to not put them off. Here are the reasons to tell you why you should flaunt the braces:
Your smile is more important: A beautiful smile can change your life. It creates a positive impact in your life. People around you get influenced by your positive and attractive smile. But, if you cover your mouth just to hide your teeth while smiling, it will hamper your life. Therefore, straighten you teeth and get back your confidence. A dental implant is of no use unless you straighten all the teeth using a brace.
Wearing a brace can keep you away from other dental issues: Misaligned teeth can cause various dental disorders or issues. If the teeth are not aligned properly, food particles can get accumulated on the surface of the teeth, forming dental plaque. This in turn can give birth to a number of dental diseases or disorders.
Braces prevent you from other diseases: Improper alignment of teeth will not allow you to chew your food properly. This in turn may cause several gastrointestinal problems.
New Age Braces-
Today, braces have evolved. They no longer look very ugly or unattractive. You will not suffer from the embarrassment of having metal braces. Nowadays, ceramic braces are available in the markets. These are translucent in nature. Besides, a new age teeth cover called Invisalign is available. These are made up of clear plastic. An individual wears them over the teeth. So, you will not have to look unattractive with the metal wire.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces-
They are less painful and cause no irritation to the gums. They are friendlier to the gums than the old metal ones.
Ceramic braces are translucent in nature. They have white or tooth-coloured brackets which look better than metal wires.
They are durable and stronger. They can break only if they are abused or misused.
Nowadays, you get clear braces in the markets. These are known as Saphire Braces. They are expensive than the metal ones. But, they are stronger and the greatest advantage of wearing a sapphire brace is that you don’t develop stains on them easily.
Cost of Braces-
The cost of adult braces depends upon the nature of brace you are choosing. Metal wires are cheaper. Ceramic and clear braces are costlier. Metal braces are available from INR 30,000 to 40,000 in the markets. Other braces look better but are costlier.
When to take braces?
In order to know whether or not you require a brace, you must consult a dentist first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have black spot on my teeth but I don't have any pain in that during winter times, what should I do?
I am suffering from an accident whch cause bleeding in my mouth I want a medicine by which it can be good.
After taking the paracetamol and antibiotics for fever and joint pain I am feeling bitter taste always in my mouth moreover my all gums gets swelled and white patches also seen. On around and below my neck red spots also emerging. Please suggest should I switch to homeopath. Please also suggest any doctor near New Ashok Nagar New Delhi.
The dental clinic is a place where you go to get rid of your dental infections. Remember that you are not the only one, and therefore it is also a sort of 'warehouse' for microorganisms that can cause infection. The organisms are invisible, and so there have to be some measures to ensure they are not being passed from one patient to another. Needless to say, dental health care practitioners are exposed to these all the time, and are at greater risk for contracting these infections.
Ways that infection can spread in a dental clinic:
- Inhalation of infective microbes from the air
- Direct contact with infected material like blood, saliva, and other patient materials
- Indirect contact of organisms through contaminated objects like instruments, equipment, or office surfaces like dental chairs
- Sneezing, coughing, talking leading to sputtering of infected material
- Contact of the infected hands to eyes, nose, or oral mucosa
There are some measures that a dental clinic should have in place to manage this risk. Whenever you step into a clinic, watch for these, and when in doubt, feel free to check with your dentist:
- Evaluate the Office: A tidy, uncluttered office is an indication of an office space that is easy to sterilize. A carpeted office may look nice, but it is hard to sterilize it. Tabletops that do not have too many things on them is a good sign.
- Sterilization of Instruments: Type 'B' vacuum autoclave is the preferred method of sterilizing dental instruments over Type 'N' non-vacuum autoclave. Steam sterilization requires direct contact between the saturated steam and every surface of the instrument. As this direct contact can be prevented by the presence of air in the chamber a vacuum must be present to remove the air and enable steam penetration. All pouched instruments, instruments with lumens or cavities (whether pouched or un-pouched) and porous loads (e.g. swabs or dressings) must be sterilized in a vacuum autoclave.An advantage of pouching all instruments is that they remain sterile for up to 6 months until you use them.
- Gloves: When you are on the dental chair, check where the gloves are coming from. These should be disposable ones that are pulled out from a box. Using gloves that were used earlier, even for a simple examination, are a strict no-no. Another good practice that most dentists have is to clasp the hands together to avoid the gloves coming in contact with any other surface.
- Patient Bibs / Drapes: Make sure the clinician places a tidy bib/drape before start of the procedure. A disposable bib/drape is always preferred and safer.
- Syringes: Almost all the dental clinicians use a new sterile disposable syringe is always used for administering local anesthesia. Some clinicians use same irrigation syringes in many patients. Make sure the syringes used for irrigation or disinfecting the root canals or surgical sites are new or the same used for administering local anesthesia.
- Antibiotics: For some dental procedures, there may be no need for an antibiotic but it is always good to confirm the same with the dentist.
- Waste Disposal: Keep a watch on where and how the used syringes, cotton, and other materials are thrown out. This is another tip to identify safe practices.
- A Frank Talk: It is not inappropriate to have a discussion with your dentist on how instruments are sterilized in the office and general practices followed to ensure a sterile environment. Be diplomatic, however, and do not sound accusing though!
Patients are entitled to receive services in safe, sterile environment. Thus, it is important to get your treatment in dental clinics where they follow "standard sterilization" procedures and strictly respect the "one instrument-to-one patient" rule and use disposable instruments when needed.These simple tips can help you identify sterile dental practices in the dental clinic.