Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Vasireddy
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu VasireddyYour feedback matters!
I have a question in my mind. I have one question related to my skin. There r some dots under my eyes skin. So it ia possible to remove that skin dots. If it is yes so it will be big relief to me.
How can I improve my complexion. Due to sun exposure I lost my complexion and it is not even. And having black marks and black heads. Suggest me for better results. Thank yu.
Sir i'm having very dull dark around my eyes. I have taken almost every treatment which may be possible. But there is no great results till yet. They put a decreasing effect onto my great personality. Sir please suggest me suitable treatment for these dark circles. I will be really thankful to you. I am ready to pay whatever may be the required fees for the treatment. But what really matters is that these dark circles must be removed as soon as possible.
I m 24 year girl. I have dark circles. I take several medicine bt no solution is there. Can you give me the best solution..
Sir mere face aur body par bahut adhik til hai him bahut dino se isaka homeopathic dava kha rahe hai phir bhi Thik Nhi ho raha hai kripya koi aisa dava ya kirim btaye jisse yah jaldi hi Thik ho jaye kyoki ye Thik Nhi ho raha hai aur hum 3,4 year se paresan hai please koi achha sa dava bataye jisase til Thik ho jaye.
The skin is the most exposed organ to irritants, and when the body recognizes something as foreign, the immune system kicks into action. It produces what is known as antibodies against the foreign bodies (antigens). However, in many situations, the body produces antibodies against its own cells or tissue or components, causing an autoimmune reaction. One such autoimmune reaction is lichen planus, which is a skin rash caused when the body produces antibodies against its own skin or mucous membranes.
Risk factors: While anyone with a weak immune system can develop lichen planus, the followings increase the chances of that happening:
- Presence of other autoimmune disorders
- Hyperactive immune system, causing the allergic reaction
- Genetic inheritance
- Increased stress levels
- Prior history of viral infections
- Middle aged women
- Exposure to allergens like gold, arsenic, iodine, and drugs like diuretics and antibiotics
- Prior history of hepatitis C
Symptoms: Diagnosis of lichen planus is quite easy, as it has a characteristic appearance.
- Basically, a skin rash that is purple in color with flat tops on the skin
- Rashes spread over the body in a matter of weeks
- They are itchy, painful, and produce a burning sensation
- Could have blisters which burst
- Have thin lacy margin
- Can be seen in the genital area, scalp, ankle, hands, mucous membranes, and nails
If required, a biopsy can be done in some cases to confirm the diagnosis. Allergy testing can also be done to confirm hyperactive immune system.
Treatments: This can depend on the severity of the condition. In people where it is not progressive or inflamed, it could be observed to run its natural course and subside.
For those requiring symptomatic treatment, the following can be used:
- Steroids (topical or oral) to reduce inflammation
- Antihistamines to reduce the allergic response
- Retinoids (topical or oral) which can help overall skin health
- Nonsteroidal creams to clear up the rash
- Moisturizer to keep skin healthy and prevent dryness and itching
- Cool compresses on the rashes
- Loose clothing to prevent irritation and itching
- Anti-itch creams and powders and lotions
- Oatmeal bath to avoid itching and inflammation
- Ultraviolet radiation to the rash to reduce severity
- Avoid agents (drugs or chemicals) which can cause lichen planus
- If the lesions are in the mouth, mouthwash and/or rinse can be used for topical relief
Lichen planus often does not require any treatment. However, depending on each individual, it may require topical and/or systemic treatment to manage the symptoms. It usually runs its course over 6 to 10 weeks and subsides on its own. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!