Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhavi LathaYour feedback matters!
No words to describe her services
Hello doctor I would like to share my health problem that I am 22 years young and I am so lean and thin besides that I have a continuous hairfall and became bald headed at this young stage, it's my humble request to suggest or prescribed me a medication for my health problem.
I'm a girl of 17 years and The growth of my hairs have been stopped. What should I do? I tried almost everything like egg yolk, onion juice, patanjali shampoo, masaj of coconut oil but nothing works.
How is this cream. Clenveil advanced scar formula it is good for remove sun tan and black marks in my face. What is your opinion on this cream?
I am 24years male. I have white hair does white hair turn black or suggest me to stop further greying. Suggest home remedies as possile please
My face color is dark I've used melaglow rich for fairness which was prescribed by my dermatologist two months ago but that doesn't work. Prescribe me some fairness medical cream.
I am 21 years old and my hair turned grey day by day. Already my 50 percent hair are of grey colour. What should I do ?
Your skin is one of the most important organs of your body both healthwise and cosmetically. Dry skin is a common skin ailment that causes dry, itchy patches and leads to skin flaking off. This is characterised by the lack of water in the epidermis and can affect men and women equally. There is no single cause for dry skin. The top five causes of dry skin are:
- Harsh soaps: Soap is a must to keep your skin clean, but the right soap can make a big difference in the quality of your skin. Many soaps tend to rid the skin of moisture and natural oils leaving the skin dry and flaky. This also applies to many shampoos. Ideally, pick a fragrance free soap and shampoo that moisturises your skin and avoid products that are alcohol based. Also, do not use excessive soap while bathing and ensure that the soap is properly removed.
- Change in weather: Winter is the season for dry skin. Along with the temperature, humidity levels also drop in this season. This dehydrates the skin and leaves it dry. Increasing the temperature will not help in such cases as that will further dehydrate the skin. Instead, invest in a humidifier to increase the humidity levels indoors.
- Dehydration: Your skin needs water both internally and externally to stay hydrated. To have soft, supple skin, you should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. While this is easy in the summers when the heat makes you feel thirsty, it gets difficult in the monsoons and winters. Caffeinated drinks also soak up moisture and contribute to dehydration.
- Exposure to hot water and steam: Keeping the above points in mind it might seem that a long steamy shower is a solution to dry skin but in reality, this can worsen the condition. While steam and hot water provide temporary relief, they make it easier for the natural oils in our skin to dry out. Hence, it is best to have a shower with lukewarm water and keep it as short as possible.
- Internal conditions: Internal factors such as genetics, medical conditions like thyroid and atopic dermatitis can also make your skin dry. Dry skin can also develop as a side effect to medication for high blood pressure, cholesterol, acne etc. Age also affects the quality of your skin. As you get older, your skin gets thinner and is more prone to drying up easily. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.