Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.V.D Aruna
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.V.D ArunaYour feedback matters!
There has been a long buildup of myths about connections between masturbation and the menstrual cycle. All through the ages, cultures have often frowned over masturbation and have discouraged it; as it happens, female masturbation has been discouraged by citing the idea that masturbation and menstruation are somehow connected and that the former has a harmful influence over the latter.
Does Masturbation really affect the Menstrual Cycle?
The clear answer to this is NO. Menstruation is definitely not affected in any way by masturbation let alone resulting in any health issues.
Is it safe to masturbate during periods?
It is perfectly safe and might even be beneficial for you. In fact, masturbation helps in relieving painful cramps during periods. Moreover, there is no proof associated with the concept that masturbating during periods is unsafe.
Bleeding after Masturbating
Does Masturbation Delay your periods?
No, it doesn't. Masturbation has no influence on the timing of periods. If there is any irregularity, then it is possibly due to hormonal imbalance.
I have had a unprotected sex with a sex worker and I have noticed red rashes like pimples and itching on my penis head after 2-3 days. I consult a doctor and he prescribed azithromycin 500gm for 6 days. I tested VDRL and HbsAg as per doctor but its went non reactive. I do not have any cure after the course of medicine. Please suggest me the medicine to cure the condition.
Dear sir/mam, me 23 years ka hu. Maine 1 saal pehle sex kiya tha. To mujhe sex karne ke 3/4 mahine baad mere penis pe pimples aane shuru hogaye the. Tab mene goverment hospital me dikhaya. Dr. bole apko sexualy transmited disease hua hai. Tab Dr. Ne mujhe antibiotic benjathin penicilian ka injection diya. To uske 1 mahine me thik ho gaya. Mujhe laga me puri tarah se thik hogaya hu. To mene 6 mahine kisiko nahi bataya par baad me mere penis ke side me aur pimples aane shuru hogaye. Tab me aur ghabra gaya. Fir mene abhi janewari 2018 me Dr. Ko dikhaya to unhone mujhe vdrl & tpha test karne bola. To mere vdrl & tpha posstive aaye aur hiv negative aaye. Aur vdrl dilution 1 in 4 tha. Tab Dr. Ne mujhe kit 7 tablet diye 21 din ki. To me ne 1 mahine baad phir se gaya to mene phir se test kiye vdrl 7 tpha ki tab bhi possitive aaye. Lekin vdrl ka dilution 1 in 2 tha. Tab Dr. Ne mujhe phir se kit 5 diya hai. Kya me thik ho sakta hu puri tarah se. Aur kitne din lagege. Me bahot depressd ho gaya hu. Please help me sir. Thank you.
IVF or In-vitro fertilization is one of the most common ways to treat infertility. This process involves harvesting eggs from the woman or a donor and sperm cells from the male partner. The two are then combined in a laboratory to form embryos. Three of the healthiest embryos are then picked to be reintroduced into the woman’s uterus where at least 1 of them can develop into a baby. Unlike natural conception, the IVF cycle takes much longer. For a woman, it can take up to 6 months to prepare for IVF.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare for IVF.
- Quit drinking and smoking: Alcohol and nicotine have a negative effect on reproductive health. Thus, do not wait to conceive a baby but quit in advance. Ideally, you should be alcohol and nicotine free for at least a few months before the IVF cycle.
- Take vitamins: Even though you may eat a healthy diet, your body may need supplementary vitamins. Ask your doctor about these vitamins and take them regularly. These will not only make your body more fertile but will also improve the quality of your eggs. This medication should be ideally started 3 months before the IVF cycle.
- De-stress: IVF can be a stressful experience for many couples. Hence to prepare for it, find effective ways to deal with stress. Studies have shown that couples with lower stress levels have a higher chance of a successful IVF cycle. Yoga and meditations are great techniques for stress relief. It might also be beneficial to slow down the pace of your lifestyle.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is important for both men and women. For men, getting enough sleep helps increase sperm production while in the case of women it affects ovulation. To help sleep better, set a sleep cycle where you go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Keep away from mobile screens, TV etc. just before you go to bed. Also, avoid caffeinated drinks after sunset.
- Exercise: For an IVF cycle to be successful, a woman’s BMI should be between 20 and 25. If it is too high, it can have a negative effect on your hormone levels and fertility. Hence, find time to exercise every day. Exercising can continue even after you have started the IVF cycle but at this time, you should avoid any strenuous exercising and should stick to gentle work-outs.