Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. M.SwamyYour feedback matters!
I am 52 yrs female. In hscrp test I get 10.5 points. Is it leads to heart problem. If so what prevention measures I have to taken. Kindly advice.
Hello Doctor My Bilirubin level is 2.8 and other Liver function test are normal, doctor said nothing to worry the level of Bilirubin is high in some people's but it is normal. Is there any problem?
High blood pressure is a condition in which the pressure of the blood against the artery wall is high enough to cause health problems, including heart disease. No symptoms may be noticed in a person for years but the damage to the blood vessels and to your heart continues. High blood pressure can have an impact on your sex life. Although sexual activity does not lead to any possible threats to your health but high blood pressure can affect the pleasure you would have otherwise derived from sex.
High blood pressure leads to the wearing out of the lining of blood vessels and causes arteries to narrow and harden that decreases the blood flow. This results in decreased blood flow to the penis. In case of some men, this decreased blood flow makes it difficult for them to achieve and maintain an erection. This problem is called erectile dysfunction.
High blood pressure may also interfere with ejaculation and be a cause for low libido. The medications that are prescribed for treating high blood pressure may lead to this condition.
Just as in the case of men, high blood pressure results in the decreased flow of blood to the vagina in case of women. This may cause problems like low libido, vaginal dryness, or complexities in achieving orgasm. Sexual dysfunction in women results in stress, anxiety and even relationship issues.
I am 42 years old (मेरा मन घबराता है, डर लगता है) My heart is nervous, scared -when I am talking to any other.
I want to know various side effects of Prolomet AM 50 tablet I am taking for BP since last six years, and how to avoid those effects. Thanks and Regards.
My left ventricular ejection fraction (lvef) is only 30% is there any homeopathic medicine for increasing the ejection fraction (lvef) of my heart.
Hi doctor, This is swathi today afternoon by sister blessed with a baby girl. Now she has high blood pressure what happens if it increase?
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.
I am 46 years old after my blood test I find tryglyciders level is 307 where as limit is less than 200. Please suggest homeopathic / Ayurvedic tabs.
Domestic chores, travelling, work pressure- keeping up to everyone’s demands everyday is undoubtedly exhausting. There are times in our lives when we feel we can’t manage our lives anymore. We find ourselves stuck in a web of anxiousness, irritability and forgetfulness that affects us negatively. Such times of stress have more or less become another extension of our daily existence. And, it definitely is slowly but steadily affecting our health.
Stress and High Blood Pressure
Stress is linked with high blood pressure. And with high BP, all other diseases like heart failure, kidney failure, and stroke are associated.
During times of stress, our blood pressure increases. Also, our heart rate shoots up very quickly. Our body produces certain hormones because of which our BP increases. These hormones also cause heart to beat faster and blood vessels to narrow down. This might seem like a temporary phase. But overtime the behavioral patterns linked to stress impacts our blood pressure levels negatively. It is believed that reaction to stress makes blood thicker and more viscous. This may in turn lead to blood clots.
Stress is the root cause of unhealthy and self destructive behavior. Common habits that people do to deal with stress include over eating, eating wrong kinds of foods, consuming alcohol, smoking, taking drugs, etc. One tends to neglect one’s health at times avoiding medications and all these factors contribute to hypertension — thus stress has an indirect effect on hypertension.
Generally, there are two kinds of Stress – Acute & Chronic.
Acute stress is when you are experiencing a very high level of stress for a short period of time. This usually happens due to a specific situation. At times of stress there is release of steroid hormones and the stress hormone Cortisol. These hormones cause increased heart rate and decreased blood vessel diameter which leads to increased blood pressure.
Chronic stress is the grinding stress that wears people down and stays for a long period of time. It can contribute to long term problems for the heart and blood vessels. When the stress response system is activated, this automatically affects other systems like increasing blood pressure, blood sugar levels and decreases immune response. The consistent and ongoing increase in heart rate, and the elevated levels of stress hormones and of blood pressure takes a toll on your health. This long-term ongoing stress thus increases the risk for hypertension, heart attack or stroke.
Stress Management to Reduce Hypertension
Repeated acute stress and persistent chronic stress are both conditions that need to be tackled and treated well in time. At times when you lose yourself completely in the heat of a stressful moment, unknowingly you are creating so much damage to yourself. During such instances take deep breaths, and just sit and first sort out in your head the cause of the outburst. Speak to someone you can trust and let the negative voice in you die down before you presume your work.
The first step to stress management begins with training your mind to take control of the situation and not become a victim of your own negative thoughts and emotions. With proper professional therapy and self-help tools you can lessen the negative effects of your daily pressure