Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. M.SanthoshYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe hand pain after working for several hours in kitchen. Pain is lasting more than a day.
Its 2days I suffered from pain on my back. Try everything but did not het any result. Do I need a operation?
I'm having lower back pain since 1 month, had consulted doctors but no relief. 10 months ago had a c section delivery. please help.
Hi my name suji iam from thrissur in kerala one iam walking time suddenly have back pain its very hard pain. Iam see it doctor then not decrease the pain how decrease the pain please answer me?
After jog, ankle joint and elbow joint is paining may I know the reason and the solution to reduce the pain.
How to get rid of cervical pain on the left hand. It get so cooled suddenly. N just become like frozen.
I have severe back pain. I had two child both from scissor and I had chocolate cyst in left overy. So left ovary and uterus is removed with third time scissor operation. My age is 42 years. This back pain is mainly after removing left ovary and uterus on Feb. 2015. Pls give ans to my query. Thanks.
I have a rod in humerus. Now its causing itching after 2.5 years and a pus with blood is coming out of it from rubbed area. what to do?
What are the symptoms of migraine. If the nerve of neck get stiff then do I consult the doctor for assessment. Is it asign of migraine. Because I continuously work on system.
Hi doctors, My mother age 55 is a heart and diabetes patient since 14 yrs. She is cont on medicines. For better heart and she also having continuous pain in her legs. I just want to know can I give her L arginine tab. For heart and legs pain. Please suggest. Thank u.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.