Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M Sai SudhaYour feedback matters!
In old days, men were working in farm, women were cooking, taking care of animals, going to farms with food, to bring water and other things she used to walk 4-6 miles per day. These were exercises. Youngsters were playing games like kabbadi, gilli danda, kho-kho etc.
Today, we are not doing much physical work due to comforts. Now car and scooter have become essential. We spend spare time to watch tv and work on pc. These things play important role to increase weight. The sedentary lifestyle and overweight is root cause of diseases and so many other diseases.
Therefore, include the exercise as part of your daily life.
For more information visit: www.akshardiabetescentre.com
A widely used surgical procedure, laparoscopy involves the insertion of certain surgical instruments, small tubes and video cameras in your abdomen through small incisions and cuts. This procedure is used to diagnose a number of ailments such as ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and pelvic inflammatory diseases to name a few. Even though laparoscopy is a very popular form of surgery, there are quite a few myths associated with it, which are:
1. Myth: The images taken through a laparoscope are of poor quality
This is not true. In fact, the visuals obtained through a laparoscope are clearer and much more accurate when compared to those obtained via an open surgery. The visuals of a video laparoscopy provide a detailed magnification of even those parts of the area that are inaccessible by the human eye.
2. Myth: If you've undergone multiple abdominal surgeries in the past, you can't opt for a laparoscopy
The truth is that you can go for a laparoscopy even if you've gone through multiple surgeries previously, irrespective of the location or size of the previous incisions. This is done through the use of a special instrument, called a microlaparscope that enables safe entry into the abdomen of the patient.
3. Myth: If you have large fibroids and ovarian cysts, you can't have them removed through a laparoscopy
False. Even though the incisions made by a laparoscopy are really small, they still allow the safe removal of large abdominal structures by the use of certain devices. For example, a cylindrical tool known as morcellator can be inserted through a laparoscopic incision and be used to remove large fibroids and ovarian cysts.
4. Myth: If you're overweight or underweight, you can't undergo a laparoscopy
No matter if you're obese or too thin, you can still undergo a laparoscopy as the tools used for this surgical procedure are available in different lengths and sizes, and can be adjusted as per the body type of the patient before the incision is made.
Is excess maturation in female harmful in any way? And is it possible to increase breast size after 20 years age, naturally without any side effects?
Please suggest me over the counter creams for my vaginal yeast infection. I had it for the first time.
The tiny mosquito can pose a lot of health issues. While malaria was the only dreaded disease until some time ago, the incidence of chikungunya is constantly on the rise. In fact, the nonspecific symptoms and absence of vaccination make it extremely difficult to prevent and diagnose this in the early stages.
Causes: First described in the African continent (Tanzania), the word chikungunya means “to walk bent over” in the Makonde or Kimakonde language. This appearance is because of the effect on bones, leading to severe bone and joint pains. More than 90% of the people who are bitten by the infected mosquito develop symptoms.
Chikungunya is a member of the Togaviridae family and is transmitted by bites of the infected female mosquito. In rare cases, the infection can spread through blood transfusions of the infected person.
After entering the bloodstream, it divides and multiplies rapidly in different types of cells including epithelial cells, endothelial cells, and connective tissue cells. These produce the symptoms including the rashes and the joint pains.
Symptoms: The challenge with chikungunya is that there is no specific, telltale symptom indicative of the condition. The patient develops nonspecific symptoms as below, somewhere between 4 to 7 days after the infected mosquito bite.
High fever (as high as 40 degrees Celsius)
Pain involving multiple joints which can be debilitating
Swelling around the joints
Though the disease is not fatal, it can be quite limiting. The fever and other symptoms may disappear within a week, but the joint pains can last up to 6 months to a year.
Diagnosis: A blood test is the most diagnostic test for confirming the disease. Dengue fever and Zika virus need to be ruled out, as their presentation is very similar.
Treatment: There is no definitive treatment for this condition and it is mostly symptomatic.
The patient is advised rest to recover from the fever and fatigue
Pushing fluids, including juices and electrolytes is recommended to prevent dehydration
Fever needs to be managed with antipyretic medications
Joint pains are managed with nonsteroidal painkillers
Avoid aspirin as it increases the tendency to bleed
Physiotherapy is recommended to improve severe bone/joint pains to improve mobility and reduce swelling
Check with your doctor to see if your regular medications need to be revisited
There is no vaccine to prevent chikungunya, though virus like particles that can be a potential vaccine are in the final stages of trials. Prevention of mosquito bites is also highly recommended as an important step in controlling the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour is form of anxiety disorder in which unreasonable thoughts and fears, which are obsessions that lead one to do repetitive compulsive behaviour. Root causes of obsessive compulsiveness are complex and often deep seated. The underlying emotional states may include the fear of unknown, not being in control, negative outcomes, failure, rejection, shame, annihilation or embarrassment
You can eliminate mild obsessive compulsion easily, whereas, severe obsessive compulsiveness, require support of medical and mental health professionals.
When you start pondering or obsessing over an activity, you must try to stop the negative pattern, and provide control and security. A good anchor code stops an obsessive thought pattern and provides fact-based security for new action. One can get it under control and recover from it, however at the present, there is no cure. It is a potential that will always be there in the background, even when one's life is no longer affected by it.
The treatment for obsessive compulsive behaviour depends on the how much the condition is affecting the daily life of the person. There are two main treatments, firstly cognitive behavioural therapy, which involves graded exposure and response prevention and the second being medication. The cognitive behaviour therapy emboldens one to face one's fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without neutralising them with compulsions. In second case, treatment is by medication to control one's symptoms by altering the balance of chemicals in brain.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour that has a relatively minor impact on one's daily life is usually treated with a short course of cognitive behavioural therapy. Cognitive behavioural therapy involves exposure and response prevention that is used to help people with all severities. People with mild to moderate behaviour usually need about 10 hours of therapist treatment, combined with exercises to be done at home between sessions. Those with moderate to severe symptoms may need a more intensive course of therapy that lasts longer than 10 hours.
During the sessions, one works with therapist to break down the problems into their separate parts like physical feelings, thoughts and actions. The therapist encourages you to face your fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without putting them right. It requires motivation and one should start with situations that cause the least anxiety first. These exposure exercises need to take place many times a day, and need to be done for one to two hours without engaging in compulsions to undo them. People with Obsessive compulsive behaviour find that when they confront their anxiety without carrying the compulsion, the anxiety goes away. Each time, the chances of anxiety reduces and last for a shorter period of time.
Once you have one exposure task, you can move on to a more difficult task, until you have overcome all of the situations that make you anxious. It is important to remember it can take several months before a treatment has a noticeable effect. It is extremely vital to remember that no one is perfect, nor can anyone recover perfectly. Even in well maintained recoveries, people can occasionally mess up and forget what they are supposed to be doing.
Doctor. I was 21 years old. My girlfriend was 18 years old. If I do sex with her for 1 hr without using condoms. When my sperm enters into her vagina. Is there a chance of pregnancy or not? Please answer me. Tq with regards.
I'm a 19 years old female. I ve bleeding since 3 months but not so heavily. I ve consulted a doctor nearby and she put me on deviry tablets. Even though I was using those tablets I'm bleeding there is no change at all. My thyroid and pelvis scan reports are normal. I'm not knowing the reason behind this. Please help me out.
I am 25 year old girl and having irregular period from starting (45-50days cycle), but now my periods time is increasing day by day, this time it takes 4.5 months. I am taking yasmin tablet also as per doctor suggestion, Is it ok?
She asked about female reproductive organs that she had problem of excess water fall that caused her tiredness. So what's the cause of it and cure? I asked her not leave water intake after intercourses or water fall as it causes huge loss of energy.help me on this
- Wear light-weight, loose-fitting cotton clothes.
- Exercise outdoors during the coolest parts of the day.
- Try to keep your skin cool by cool showers.
- Keep skin as dry as possible, remove all traces of perspiration, especially from the folds of the skin
- Avoid heavy creams or ointments that might block sweat ducts
- Avoid harsh soaps during the hot season.
- Wear loose clothing while sleeping and ensure your bedroom is well-ventilated.
Im not getting my periods I sometimes get a stomach pain and back pain but it then stops after sometimes it goes back to normal and I am already 15 days late from my periods I have had sexual intercourse on the sixth day of my last period is there anything to worry about I think we had a safe sex.
I am 30 years old woman 7 weeks pregnant. Had a ultrasound. Looks all good. Last year jul16 had premature 7 months c sec delivery and baby not survived. Want to consult you about precautions and guidance.
I have irregular periods. My last date of period is 16-5-2016. After taking susten 200 mg tablet my periods are came on 9-7-2016 but it was only for 1 and 1/2 day. I do urine pregnancy test at home but it shows negative. Is it a sign of pregnancy because I try for pregnancy from last one year. My lower abdomen is also change. Please suggest me what should I do.
Hello viewers, I am Dr Purnima Jain. I am practising Obstetrics and Gynaecology from last 17 years. In this video, I am going to talk about Pregnancy Care and the different investigations required during pregnancy.
Pregnancy is the most happiest period of a women's life but at the same time, women goes through various emotional conflicts during this epriod. So, she is happy about her pregnancy but at the same time, she is worried about the various ailments which affect during pregnancy. Also, she is scared about various investigations and scans which are being done repeatedly. So, she should be explained and informed and explained about various things which are required during pregnancy.
I am tyelling you the things which are commonly practised by all the gynaecologist. There may be different view of different doctors but the goal of all is same, that is, to have a healthy abby and a healthy mother at the end of pregnancy. And to achieve this, I think that the patient should be well informed because a well informed patient will enjoy her pregnancy and after the period is over, she will have a better outcome.
How to calculate the expected date of delivery?
The first question which patient asks is when will be the delivery date. So, we should know that how to calculate the expected date of delivery. Usually the duration of pregnancy is about 40 weeks or 280 days and it is calculated from the last day of periods. It is a simple method of calculation is, from last menstrual period + 9 months + 1 week gives the expected date of delivery. Suppose your Last month od periods was 10th.oct, 2016 then the expected date of delivery will be 17th.july, 2017.
Secondly, we divide pregnancy into 3 trimesters.
1st Trimester is from 1- 12 weeks.
2nd Trimester is from 12-28 weeks.
3rd Trimester is from 29-40 weeks.
The division of these three trimesters is necessary because problems during different period are different and care during different period are different.
In 1st Trimester, as soon as you diagnose your pregnancy, one should visit a gynaecologist and get registered with the gynaecologist because at this time, we need to get certain investigations done and patients usually have some problems like vomiting and most frequent problem during 1st trimester is problem of abortion. The routine investigation which are done during 1st trimester are Haemoglobin, serum TSH level, blood group, HIV, Hepatitis B surface antigens, BDRL, blood sugar levels, routine urine test, microscopic examination, IGM levels and if required HPMC level.
Ultrasound scan is usually done on 6th week for the confirmation of pregnancy, viability and in the later time for dating of pregnancy.
2nd trimester is usually healthier period. Patient usually suffer least problems. But during the 2nd trimester, at 16th week, we give first tetanus toxoid injections. And on 18th week, we do anomaly scan and triple or quad test. On 20th week, 2nd dose of tetanus toxoid is given. On 24th week, we do blood sugar test fastinga nd after meals. On 22nd week, if required a Fetal echo is done. If required means, if there is a malformation history of previous child or if the mother is suffering from hypertension, heart failure etc. Duering 2ns trimester, irona nd calcium supplementations are usually started and diet counselling is done.
During 3rd trimester, on 28th week, a color doppler test is done to see fetal growth and well being. On 32nd week, routine check up is done. And on 36th week, a repeat ultrasound for fetal representation is done.
After 36th week, a patient should visit gynaecologist every week to avoid complications.
For further information, please contact me through Lybrate.
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!