Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Nageshwar Rao
Submit a review for Dr. M.Nageshwar RaoYour feedback matters!
My mother age 45 years has neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma cervix that was diagnosed in august last year, stage 3B She was operated before receiving any chemotherapy and her uterus was removed. Then we started the treatment from a better hospital where she received 6 cycles of chemo (etoposide & cisplatin) and 28 days of external and two sessions of internal radio therapy (ovoid). The last PET CT she had was saying that the conditions are better and with no cancer been seen. The question I wanted to ask that there has been no medicines going on for stopping the recurrence of cancer from our doctors, are we on the right path. Is this how it suppose to be going with no further medicines? And what are the things that can be done to assure that there is no re occurrence.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
- Persistent coughing
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Causes of Lung Cancer
- Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
- Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
- Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
- High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
- High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
- Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello I am 66 years healthy person but I used to go to bathroom in the night four to five times and each time take water after bath room The process has disturbed my night sleep Some nights I don't wake up in the night.Day time also need to go to bathroom two times When pressure developed it is so urgent I have got checked up prostrate enlargement about two times in the last two years and find that there is some enlarged portion and there is no residual urine I have taken some medicine two years back for two weeks and later stopped I red some advice what to do now shall I continue medicines if yes what is the medicine and how long do I have to take Is there any other advise.
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
Prostate gland enlarged, now its ok but he is passing toilet on bed some times. How to control. Help me. He is not using any medication.
Lungs are two cone shaped spongy organs of respiration are contained within the pleural cavity of the thorax. They are connected with pharynx through trachea larynx. The base rests on the diaphragm. The primary purpose of the lungs is to bring air blood into intimate contact so that oxygen can be added to the blood carbon dioxide can be removed. Adenosarcoma use ally arise from outer areas of the lungs. Cancer may appear as an ulcer in the windpipe, a nodule or small flattened lump blocking the air tubes. It may invade surface of tubes & extend to lymphatics blood vessels. About 40 to 45% of lung cancers are squamous cell cancers.
This cancer, even well advanced, produces no out ward symptoms. Cough is the most common symptom it may also triggger shortness of breath wheezing. Cough can be taken as ordinary symptom & this is way treatment is delayed. By the time, lung cancer is found the patient is nearly dead.
80% about of lung cancers are produced by smoking. Sometimes coal tar asbestos products can also produce it. Smoking causes lung cancer in two ways. First of all smoke inhalation damages the normal cleaning process by which the lung protects itself from the injury. Bronchi tube like structure, conduct inhaled air to the lung tissues. Hair like cilia beat in rhythmic fashion to move the mucous membranes continually upwards from the lung, removing any inhaled particles trapped in the sticky mucus. On account of these changes, the lung cannot keep itself clean. A person who has smoked for about 20 years is at the maximum risk of this type of cancer. Smoking includes passive smoking. All of them are harmful to the lungs.
Under the microscope examination of sputum. Examination of the airways is done by passing a tube through the mouth or nose into the airways subdivision of each lung. If an obstructing tumor is seen its biopsy is done. Needle biopsy when the cancer cannot be detected by test no. 2 a fine needle is introduced through the chest wall directly in the tumor with the help of x -ray guidance. A small sample is taken out for biopsy. Cat scan. Surgery.
Homeopathic patient treatment symptoms and signs or medicines apply.