Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. M.Nagajyothi ReddyYour feedback matters!
My teeth have gap. What do I for closing its gap? Its gap increasing day by day. What would I do for this? I gonna be sad. It effect my future. My mother is also become dad becoz of this. please help me.
I am a 54 year diabetic patient. I feel so much disturbance due to my disease. Nowadays I seems to notice that my gums are swelling up and some times blood comes out the swellings. Plse help me. How can I over come this swelling of gums? Is there any remedial method to decrease my diabetics? Basically I ate only ayurvedic medicines. I did not eat allopathy medicines ever for diabetics.
I can see my tongue has a rhomboid like small depapillated red patch in midline of tongue since two days. Since then its started to giving some pain like sensation or burning. What should I do?
I am 28 year old man and I have face tooth cavity problem from years. But nowadays it was bleeding from the gum. Please tell me what should I do.
Recently I had a tooth removed, Dr. Stitched the area of the removed tooth. It's still painful. Any helpful tips.
I have a problem of bad breath, but it is not coming from mouth as it's always kept clean. Is this any sign of any digestive tract related problems?
I have yellow teeth. According to the dentist I visited recently ,bleaching is the only option I am left with. I have done scaling 2-3 times. They appear a bit whiter after scaling and then after some days they again get yellow. What do you suggest? Are there any side effects of the same?
How to remove bad breath ? Is it because of mouth or due to acidity . Suggest good tooth paste . Should I use tongue cleaner and dental floss ?
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and now wisdom tooth is appearing and it is paining her a lot and she is not able to eat/chew something Please suggest some medicine/ gel which will relief her pain and will not affect the baby.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.