Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hello, Got my wisdom tooth extracted today, 3 hours ago to be precise. I have a few questions, please do spare your valuable time in answering them. Much needed help. Thanks. 1. How Long does the bleeding continue? 2. Time for swelling and pain to reduce. 3. When can I start smoking and drinking alcohol again? 4. Is rest required to stop the bleeding? Any other suggestions to help heal faster is totally welcomed. Thanks again.
I am under so pain. Because of growing wisdom tooth I can't even chew the food it's very difficult to bear please suggest me!
I am having the problem of hypersensitivity in teeth What should I do to cure it And what are the things I should not do?
I was addicted to tobacco chewing since 7 years, so my mouth doesn't open perfectly. Please suggest medicine.
In my lower teeth back side it has become brownish. I mean brownish layer has been settled. Its not cavity but something different please let me know wat I can do. I think it has been settled coz brush cannot reach there
Hello sir I am 40. During brush time I was facing problems. Small blood clots are coming. My mouth smells during talking. Suggest?
You might have seen kids wearing braces or wires on their teeth. They are in fact going through this treatment called ?orthodontic treatment?. This treatment corrects the irregularities of your teeth. For example, if you have a bad bite because of crowed or crooked teeth. Teeth in irregular position lead to an undesirable appearance, and smile. To correct such problems, one has to go through this treatment. Wires and brackets help to move teeth from their current position to the correct position. Orthodontic treatment helps in improving the oral health condition and facial bone development too.
Orthodontic treatment not only improves the look of your teeth, it may prevent bigger dental problems from developing later in life.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.