Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Respected sir my name is pratiksha and my age is 24. I have a benign fibroadenoma so I would like to know that in future there is a change to get cancer. I consulted with a doctor and he told me it's benign. I have not done surgery till now. It's is compulsory to remove the tumor. If I don't remove in lifetime will there be a risk?
My girlfriend lives in Spain and I am in india now days, actually she has a small muscular hard ball in her breast and she already consult with kinesiology person and taking treatment she don't have normally pain but only pain at the time of pressing the breast. Please suggest me if I can do some treatment for her in india or kinesiology is good for her. Thanks.
I am looking for prostate gland operation of my father. Can you give me rough estimate of cost and no of days hospitalization ?
My father in law is detected as gall bladder cancer spread to liver and other organ. Doctor told he may live for few months. We are giving Ayurveda treatment to him . He is feeling better . But he is getting weak day by day. Please help me.
I am 25 year old and I smokes cigarette everyday. Now I coughing early morning and split blood mixed saliva. Actually I have been coughing since December 2. And I didn't take any medicine. So I think it happens from any type of infection. After that I take a blood test. The result was total count 16000 and the wbc is decreased. Is it any cancer symptom?
M suffering frm cancer. Is chemotherapy effective for cancer treatment. And what r d side effect of chemo. please help.
Hi my mother is 51 years old, she is having cervical cancer stage 3b and her both kidneys are not working now she is getting dialysis, so what we do now ?
My father is 80 years old and is presently suffering from enlarged prostate for the last 15 years. Is it advisable to go for operation. OR can depend on only medicines.
Swelling in lower lip for last 2 days. Reasons are unknown before swelling appears when he woke up in the morning. Today it ruptures and some blood with yellow fluid came out. My father is a smoker for last 20-25 years. Can it be a form of oral cancer. Please reply
I have red itchy pimples on my both breasts. It occurs twice a week. Is this some kind of cancer. Tell me.
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells