Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Muralidharan
Submit a review for Dr. M MuralidharanYour feedback matters!
Which medicine to take for cancer or what are symptoms of heat stroke. Can you please help me with this.
Meri breast pe thoda sa press karu toh thodi si pain feel hoti hai. Main 22 saal ki women hun. Breast pe koi lumb ya mass hai ki nehi ghar pe self examine keise karun? Is age me memography thik hai kya?
Ovaries are the primary reproductive organs in the female body which produces the eggs that need to be fertilized to form a fetus in the womb. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the ovaries and spreads till the pelvis and the abdomen. This cancer is usually cured by either a surgery or chemotherapy.
Ovarian cancer is mostly caused due to a genetic mutation which transforms the healthy cells of the ovaries into abnormal cancerous cells. The abnormal cells then generally form a tumor which spreads further inside the female body. The type of cell in which the cancer begins determines the type of ovarian cancer you have. Ovarian cancer types include:
- Epithelial tumors: it is the most common type of ovarian cancer which begins from the thin layer that covers the ovaries.
- Stromal tumors: this type begins in those tissues which contain the hormone producing cells.
- Germ cell tumors: this usually happens among relatively younger women, and it originates from the egg producing cells of the ovaries.
Factors that boost your risk of getting an ovarian cancer are listed below:
- Age: the risk of ovarian cancer is greater in women who are between 50 to 60 years. However, ovarian cancer is such a condition that can occur at any age.
- Estrogen hormone replacement therapy: this therapy tends to alleviate menopausal symptoms and renews the hormones of a woman's body. If you are undergoing this therapy then you are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Congenital: the risk of ovarian cancer can sometimes also be due to an inherited gene mutation and can be passed on from the parents to the offspring.
- Menstrual risk: if you had started menstruating before the age of 12 or had a menopause before the age of 52 then the risk of you developing ovarian cancer increases.
- Other risk factors: these factors do not pose a subsequent amount of threat of having an ovarian cancer, but they slightly increase the risk. These are activities like: regular smoking, fertility treatments, never being pregnant, use of an intrauterine device and polycystic ovary syndrome.
MRI report SAYS: Background: c/0 left RMT carcinoma. An ill-defined heterogeneously enhancing mass lesion of size 8.5*5.6 cm centered in left RMT. It is extending from left canine of mandible to TMJ with extensive destruction of mandibular body and ramus. There is extension in FOM, Left tonsil, Left ITF with involvement of both pterygoid muscles of left side and erosion of pterygoid plates, hard palate and maxillary sinus. There is skull base erosion but no intracranial extension. Multiple enlarged enhancing left side level 1A, 1B,IIA and IIB lymph nodes are seen ,largest measuring 17. 6 mm inn SAD. Hypophraynx/Larynx: Normal Major neck Vessels: Normal Comparison :As compared to previous scan, there is mild increase in the size of the mass-Progressive disease. Impression: Carcinoma left buccal mucosa-locally advanced tumour involving FOM. Tonsil,ITF & skull base with cervical lymph node enlargement-Progressive Disease.
In one’s fight with cancer, an inevitable harsh reality stands in the face- imminent loss of hair with cycles of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Cancer treatment aftermaths is not about a person’s battle with the disease but with oneself after he or she has already defeated one’s cruelest enemy.
We fully and absolutely agree that Beauty is Skin Deep; but it’s just that having gorgeous locks of hair does wonders in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. We, at Berkowits, bow down to the warrior spirits in you and lends you a friendly helping hand by offering distinct wigs and hair prosthetics for cancer patients and cancer survivors.
For cancer patients there is wide variety of wigs to choose from, in various styles and colors depending upon an individual’s desires and requirements. These wigs are lightweight, comfortable, safe and are suitably ventilated to wear during heat and humidity. The experts at our clinic assist you in choosing the right wig depending on your face, personality and these wigs can be styled as per your wish. Patients suffering from Alopecia Areata totalis and Alopecia aerate universalist can avail this facility. Berkowits provide wigs for cancer patients, best hair wigs for cancer patients, synthetic hair wigs for cancer patients, wigs for cancer patients in Delhi.
Various types of wigs available at our clinic are:
- Ready-to-wear human hair wig
- Made from 100% real human hair and looks natural
- Durable and lasts long
- Can be styled, colored, blow-dried etc. just like your own hair
- Ready-to-wear synthetic hair wig
- Made from synthetic thread
- Easy to wash, leave to dry and care for as they bounce back to their original shape and style
- Hair dryer and heated rollers cannot be used
- Cheaper than human hair wig
- Customized wigs
- Tailor made to suit your face, persona and can be styled and colored as per your desire
- Can be made from synthetic or human hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.