Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M M Shareef
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. M M ShareefYour feedback matters!
Very pleasant. Seen the doctor earlier 2 times before . Had sinus surgery with septoplasty by him 1 month ago. Now very happy. Breathing is very good.
It was Amazing... He is definitely the Best ENT I have ever come across in my lifetime.
I have noticed that there is a sound in my right ear since 6 months. I visited ENT doctor . They say it is may be due to weakness of some nerve passing through the right ear. I undergone several scans. Reports say normal. At final doctor sugggested HRCT scan. I yet to undergo this scan. Due to this sound I can't sleep in night til 3 or 4 am later sound will come down n I start sleep. Plz suggest for further course of action. .
My mother snores a lot while asleep, this has been leading to her inadequate sleep. Previously a doctor had recommended a machine but my mother feels utterlyuncomfortable to use it while asleep. Please recommend me a perfect solution, an suggest me the specialisation of doctor which deals this problem.
I have tinnitus in right ear with hearing loss for the past one year. I am 68 years old. No tumor in brain as per CT scan. I am experiencing vertigo almost daily sometimes severe with vomit. I take vertin once I felt attack. I have consulted ENT specialist & Neuro surgeon & taking vitamin tabs to strengthen the nerves in ear. I request your advice in this regard.
Sir I am male 30 years, problem is there are couf in my throat, so please explain what I do, what's reason of cauf.
I am having sore throat these days a lot of cough in first 2 days but no fever now there is cough but not that frequent but still throat is infected and I can't take antibiotics. Please guide.
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause.