Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M. Lakshmi SrinivasYour feedback matters!
My dad has having stomach cancer he has taken 5 chemo but cancer has spread to liver now is stomach is getting tight.what should i do
Does Chewing tobacco causes any chronic disease (cancer etc). I have heard from many old people stating that "i have been chewing tobacco from past fifty years and nothing harmful has happened to me" Even people are saying that if you chew for 10 minutes for 10 times day then I won't be harmful. Please clarify my doubt. Thank you.
How many cancer patients in india are affected from the tambakhu what is the novof patients die because of cancer?
He had cancer in mouth doctor suggested chemotherapy of 2 to 3 cycle after response of this cycle operation will planned so kindly give information about chemotherapy is essential before operation is required.
I have got an infection in lymph nodes. One node is in the neck and other bulges are behind my ears and on skull. Is this a symptom of being HIV+? If yes please mention what should be done in order to get rid of it. i'm quite worried.
I am having breast pain after my boyfriend sucked them. It has been 2 days now. I have done hot water with salt fermentation also with ice but it didn't showed any result and pain increased after that. Please help me any suggestions or medications.
Pain in right breast, multiple fibroids in left breast and pain also. My maternal grandmother had breast cancer. Does this mean I have more chances of having breast cancer?
I am kumar, male, aged about 56 years and residing in chennai. I am suffering with digestive disorders such as lack of appetite, indigestion, severe underweight, malnutrition, slight watery stools, rapid graying of scalp and facial hair, eczema on face, constipation, and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. I had undergone endoscopy 4 times and colonoscopy once and RUT test. Nothing was revealed except gastritis, IBS, non specific proctocolitis and GERD. I had undergone stool tests on 4 0ccasions but only once giardia lamblia was detected. Even stool culture test did not reveal anything. Is there any test to determine nature of microbiota in the intestine. I am severely under nourished and underweight. I do not feel like taking food. One gastro doctor at chennai suggest for cat scan of abdomen. I am afraid to undergo this test as I am scared of exposure to radiation. Can any one suggest some good probiotics and probiotics to cure this nuisance disease permanently. Will chronic giardiasis of long duration cause cancer? Can any good doctor advice me a good and permanent cure. Thanking you,
The condition of enlarged prostate occurs due to the enlargement of a man’s prostate gland, with the passage in time. Also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), it is more common in men over the age of 60. Some cases might have symptoms and others may be symptomless. Although the causes are relatively unknown, it is evident that BPH is not a form of cancer, neither does it cause cancer. The prostate is located below the bladder and is responsible for producing the fluid needed by semen. The growth of the prostate tissue that is associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia begins near the inner prostate which is a tissue ring around the urethra. Its growth is generally inward.
It is of common knowledge that in males, the urine originates from the bladder and flows through the urethra. BPH is a condition where the prostate experiences a benign i.e. non cancerous enlargement which leads to blockage of urine flow through the urethra (the urinary duct). The resultant enlargement, caused due to the gradual multiplication of cells, subjects the urethra to extra pressure. Further narrowing of the urethra causes more contraction of the bladder, resulting in the urine being forcefully pushed out of the body.
With time, the condition leads to the bladder muscles gradually becoming thicker, stronger and oversensitive. Contraction occurs even due to the presence of small amounts of urine, giving rise to frequent needs of urination. At one point, the bladder muscle is unable to overcome the effects of the narrowed urethra. Due to this, urine does not pass properly and the urethra is not emptied.
Some of the common symptoms of enlarged prostate include:
1. Frequent urination
2. Urgency to urinate
3. Difficulty during urination
4. A slow or weak urinary stream
5. Requirement of extra effort to urinate
6. Interrupted sleep due to need of urination
Sometimes, when the bladder is not emptied completely, a risk of urinary tract infections develops. Some other serious problems which can be a result of enlarged prostate include blood in urine, bladder stones as well as acute urinary retention (inability to urinate). In some rare cases, kidney and/or bladder damage might also result from such a condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I'm 27 year old. Married no children I been suffering with fibroadenoma 7 years now I see dimpling 3 inches below my under arm it can be seen only when my arm is in air. Some pain also ultra sonography is clear it show 2 fibroadenoma side by side. Dimpling area is clear in ultra sonogram my gp don't see dimpling or puckering. What should I do?
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
I am having albuminuria since last year and also have enlarged prostate for which ailment I am having Veltam. 4 mg tablets morning and evening. Is there any chance of me getting prostate cancer. I am 76 years old person and suffering from osteoarthritis also. My creatinine level is 1.5. Please advise Thanks.
1st Chemotherapy has been done on 20-9-2016. On 21-9-2016 patient hb low 9.9 and wbc 22000 gain. Sodium 117. Patient unconscious in 30 hours and was not talk and listen our voice. But now listing and talking slowly. So please suggest me care for patient.
My grand father is having difficulty in urination and doctors said he is having enlarged prostate gland. Is this dangerous? Is there a need of surgery?
PSA free to total ratio. 28/02/2015: 16.702 19/09/2015: 14.684 29/02/2015: 16.340 PSA total. 28/02/2015: 4.245 19/09/2015: 4.733 29/02/2015: 5.465 Digital Rectal Examination 01/10/2015: Normal Family History: Elder brother had prostate cancer Other Symptoms: None Is there a cause of concern here? What should be the next step. Is biopsy a good idea? What is the success rate / benefit of early detection?
People's daily reported that cancer has become the number one threat to human life. It is a common and frequently-occurring disease which seriously endangers the health of people. Cancer experts have pointed out that, besides the genetic factor, cancer is also highly related to the environmental factors, in which diet is one of the most important.
Relevant researches have pointed out that about one-third of the cancer diseases has something to do with the poor eating habits in daily life. With the gradual improvement of the living standards, people tend to eat more refined foods at the meal, while the intake of coarse grains and cereals is reduced. Such modern poor eating habit will lead to a series of cancers, which seriously affect the health of human body.
- First, lack of cellulose will increase the incidence of colorectal cancer.
- Second, excessive intake of high-fat, high-protein foods has become an important reason for the increasing incidence of breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Third, about 75% of the head and neck cancer is caused by drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Fourth, people who like to eat hard, hot, and pungent foods will easily suffer from esophageal cancer.
- Fifth, gastric cancer has something to do with too much intake of smoked foods or foods which contain nitrate, such as sausage, ham, pickles, dried salted fish and so on.
- Sixth, eating mildewed corn, peanut, rice and other foods or drinking unsanitary water will make people susceptible to liver cancer.
- Seventh, people who prefer to eat sweet and greasy foods are most likely to suffer from pancreatic cancer.
- Eighth, insufficient intake of vegetables and fruits has something to do with colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and esophageal cancer.