Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm preparing police constable. While I was running my left leg mussel is paining from last week. So what should I do.
I am 39 years, started running from 5 Months. Recently developed shin splints and from 1 week taking rest due to leg pain. Blood test is Normal. Vit d level is 22. Taking supplements for vitamin d. Now I am getting pain in legs it will increase as the day progresses. When I took tolpa d tablet it will reduce other wise it will increase. Not yet started running due to leg pain.
I am 17 years old, I have lower back pain and when I cough sneeze or take a deep breath I feel a sharp pain in my left ribs and I wanted to know that can it Be cured by exercise?
I am 67 years male. Suffering from diabetes for last four years and joints knee pain For last six months. diabetes under control with allopathy Metformin 500 plus sitagliptin 50 plus reglide 50 all bd. Request suggest ayurvedic med to replace allopathic med. Plus med for knee pain.
I am 61 Years old male living in Cuttack, Orissa. This started at the time of getting up on the bed from the floor with pressure with one right leg. Front right side of right knee joint is having pain for last one month. Pain is felt while going up the steps, lifting of heavy things and twist movement. Appears to be pain in the ligament. Orthopaedic has been consulted and diagnosed Osteo Arthritis and has prescribed FORJOINT PLUS and NEROB PLUS for one month. Also advised for less physical strain and avoid stairs. Hot foments daily and to go for physio therapy. Ortho paedic Surgeon/ Physician may kindly advice.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.