Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Gnanasekhar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M GnanasekharYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am a 19 year old boy. I have dark scaly like substances or fungus around my penis so I want to know how I can recover from it ?
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.