Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M. Dhana LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Constipation in children can be effectively dealt with by monitoring a well-balanced diet. Eating the following things and drinking nearly three liters of water each day can relieve your child from stool withholding.
- Eat these fruits raw: Apples, plums and pears should be eaten raw along with their skins. These fruits are known to contain an average of 4.4 to 3.3 grams of dietary fiber that will further stimulate bowel movements. Apples, pears and plums are rich in pectin and hence help in softening your stool.
- Add nuts to your daily diet: Nuts can help you if you are suffering from constipation. However, nuts should not be consumed in excess as they can make you gain calories. Having a fistful of nuts once in a day could work wonders for your digestive health.
- Have a high- fiber cereal for breakfast: High- fiber cereal for breakfast can give your day a good start. It prevents stool withholding. Cereals in present times no more taste bland. You may add some honey to your child's bowl of cereals; honey acts as a laxative and caters to a person's taste buds as well. If your cereal is not sufficiently fiber dense you may add some flaxseed to every single serving.
- Sweet berries can be of great help: Berries have nutrients that are known to cure symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries should be included in a child's diet. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. They are good for a child's fiber and copper requirements.
- Get a full night's sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important for good digestion. Improper digestion could be the reason behind continual constipation. Children these days tend to keep awake till late. Children should at least get seven to eight hours of sleep regularly.
In spite of following a healthy lifestyle the problem of constipation may still persist. It is best to consult a professional doctor in such a case. Before seeing a doctor to remedy constipation it is important to jot down certain points regarding your child's health. A guardian must make a list of medications his or her child has been taking by far, a list of symptoms he or she has been facing simultaneously and must also carry a brief record of one's family history. Constipation, if left unchecked, can lead to anal fissures over time.
I have vascular ulcer at left leg. Not want surgery. Any medicine in allopathic or any advice please Help
I am facing mouth problem due to my broken front teeth. My mouth getting scratch by the teeth. Should it capping my teeth or not?
My hair is going grey and I am loosing them very rapidly. I do have dandruff problem and I use himalayas Anti dandruff shampoo. I also use coconut oil oil n my hair. But still no improvement. What should I do?
My mri report is Minimal right knee joint effusion Partial tear of pcl low grade partial tear of acl Grade 2 medical signal (intrasubstance medical tear/ medical degeneration) in posterior horn of medial meniscus. My Symptoms : When I run locking leg sometime then it regular. Also slightly move between between joint So should any surgery required or not? What should I do?
I have heavy fever with stomach pain inconvenient weight loss and also I have head pain I am facing this issue last 4days.
Swine Flu in Pregnancy
What is Swine Flu?
It is a respiratory(associated with breathing) disease caused by a virus. This virus is similar to the influenza virus responsible for causing the common cold.
The scientific name of the virus is H1N1 type A influenza virus.This strain was earlier known to infect pigs(swine family), thus the name swine flu.It is a new strain of the virus, previously unknown in humans, hence, there is no known immunity in humans against this virus.
What are the symptoms:
There are three main symptoms :
shortness of breath.
and a combination of one or many of these:
Headache, aching muscles, running nose, sneezing, chills, tiredness, loss of appetite, vomiting, and diarrhea.
It is usually a mild disease for most people. Symptoms appear quickly and last for almost for one week to ten days.
How do I know if I am at higher risk?
Certain categories of people seem to be at higher risk for complications from swine flu. These are:
Asians, especially people living in poorly ventilated colonies.
People having associated ailments like - asthma, diabetes, paralysis, previous strokes, spinal problems, and jaundice.
Extremes of body weight;very thin built or obese people.
Teenage mothers, women in their second and third trimesters are at higher risk.
How can swine flu harm my baby?
For the majority of pregnant women, swine flu does not cause any serious damage to the mother or the baby.
Fever in the first three months may increase the risk of neural tube and birth defects.
Fever during labor may cause neonatal convulsions, encephalopathy, cerebral palsy and fetal death.
Pregnant women should always take fever seriously and contact their doctor when the temperature goes more than 100 degrees.
How does swine flu affect me during my pregnancy?
Active infection by swine flu virus may cause miscarriages, preterm delivery, and adverse delivery outcomes.
There is a higher risk of hospitalization/ ICU admission during pregnancy.
Chest infections/ Secondary bacterial infections are common resulting in pneumonia or even brain infections.
What can I do to protect myself?
Protection can be at three levels:
1) Taking general precautions- which is most useful for prevention.
2) Use of vaccines.
3) use of drugs
Use of face masks will not prevent swine flu. Focus instead on hygiene and clean surroundings.
It is safe to consume well cooked pork and pork products.