Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. M Asha Subba LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi, What are the causes for Acid reflux ?Remedial measures for Acid reflux problem including home remedies. Medication for the problem.
A daily, regular bowel movement is one of the best personal habits that a person can have. It should be effortless, have well-formed stools, and be a normal routine that does not feel like a task. However, due to various reasons, including altered food habits, bowel irregularity is something very common. Especially in kids, given their increased junk consumption, regular bowel movement is something hard to establish.
The following are some simple, effective ways to restore bowel regularity. While some might require habit formation, once done, it should be effortless and become part of a routine.
- Food habits: Include more fibre which will add bulk and give a laxative effect. The size and weight of the stool is increased, gas formation is reduced, and intestinal discomfort is reduced. Combination of soluble and insoluble fiber obtained from seeds, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts, and whole grains will do the trick.
- Increase hydration: A good amount of fluid intake will ensure the stool is not hard which requires strain to clear. Minus other drinks, 8 to 10 glasses of pure water can help in regular bowel movements.
- Maintain the good gut flora: If you are constantly constipated, then there is a good chance that the good bacteria are lost. Ensure these are replaced with supplemental probiotics, which also will ensure regular bowel movements. Herbs and other nutrients may also be used, like milk thistle, which also increase production of bile. This also ensures smoother and regular bowel movements.
- Be on the move: While the benefits of regular exercise are manifold, enabling a regular bowel movement is one of them. Do some sort of regular exercise for at least 20 minutes thrice a week, including abdominal and pelvic floor exercises. This improves the muscle tone in these areas and enables smooth and regular bowel movements. Tai Chi or Yoga can also be equally beneficial.
- Massage your tummy: Massaging the abdomen (and therefore the bowels) induces the natural, wave-like movement that is seen in the abdominal organs. This helps the stool to move along the intestine and eventually get them out of your system. Doing this every morning when you wake up before getting out of bed can help develop the habit of passing stool in the morning.
- Take it easy, relax: During times of stress, digestion is slow and bowel movements are not regular. Whether it is music or a walk, relax and see your bowels move more naturally and regularly.
While it is okay to use a laxative once in a while, these simple measures done regularly can help avoid the use of laxatives. Persistent constipation is a cause for concern and might need further investigation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.