Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Loy CamoensYour feedback matters!
Mere husband ke sperm count kam hone ke waje se doctor ne une Co enzyme Q10 suggest ke jiske waje se une chakar aa rhe hai weakness ho rahi hai. Is tablet se problem toh nhi hoge na.
My wife has gone with Mitral Valve replacement surgery 2 years back and St. Judes Mechanical valve has been placed. But from 1 year INR not coming in Normal range which is given by doctors. Acitrom 3/4 MG is being given. What should be done to maintain INR ration in Normal range? Can Warfarin be given instead of Acitrom? And Which is the best Anticoagulant in between Acitrom and Warfarin? Or any other?
I am 25 years male. I am suffering from one sided headache from last two week. What I do for its treatment.
Dear sir What is ringworm. Sir I tried many creams many tablets. spot lotion but sir ringworm is very danger. Sir please help me how I remove it.
My son age 35 years is on treatment since age 16 years for Bipolar Disorder. Kindly enlighten me on prognosis of this disease. Should he enter into matrimony again? He has had divorce from his first marriage. He is keen on getting re-married and loves children.
Please suggest. I get late in eating any of my meal - breakfast/ lunch/ dinner then gas starts generating in my body. It also makes my head feeling heavy many times. I get lots of burps and farts. Please suggest what should I do?
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?