Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxman Gourlapadi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Laxman GourlapadiYour feedback matters!
My toddler baby girl 2.11 months, is passing very fowl stinking stool from last week. Do not know how to deal with it?
My two month old kid stool, urine and feeding all are normal. He mostly dry cough at night. Doctor prescribed me maxtra and ambrodil lx. I gave him saline drips also. Please advice.
My baby is one month old. After feeding. What position is good for baby? Sleeping on back. Or left or right side. To avoid vomit and milk comes out from nose?
We are Blessed with Baby Boy last week, he is healthier, and seems he is struggling and crying while going pee and motion, I am afraid of would it be like constipation issue, else what could it be. And how to identify the problem to resolve. We give Luke warm water and mother feeding only.
Hello doctor, my son was very fair in colour and good looking skin until he reaches one month. And after that he gradually becomes dark. Now he is 7th month old and I tried so many things but no use. I've using dermadew baby soap still his skin is dark in colour. Can anyone suggest me something please?
My grand son was immunized for pneumonia and typhoid on 9th March. Its been 4 days since then and he has been suffering from fever in the 100-102 range. He gets more cranky at nights. The moment the effect of calpol recedes his fever comes back. He has running nose and probably body ache too. He is 2 years old.Just wanted to check if these you can provide any light on what needs to be done.
6 months baby girl swallowed 0.9cm diameter gold coin. What would happen and what should be further steps.
Hi my baby is 14 days old he is going for excretion every time I feed him with my milk he is also passing urine 10 to 15 times is it any problem please rectify my doubt.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!