Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Laxman Basani BabuYour feedback matters!
Potato chips and French fries turn out to be two of the most obesity promoting foods among children and adolescents in a Study by researchers from the Duke National University of Singapore
On the other hand whole Grains and high fibre cereals were associated with Weight loss as were potatoes cooked without oil and dressing have low energy density are highly satiating and do not cause weight gain.potatoes are also rich in potassium vitamins and other essential nutrients
I am 30 years old. I have 15 months old baby. Hez on my feed too. Since last month there is a change in my monthly cycle. Last month it got a day before n now its 3 days before d due date. Is it normal? I was eating eggs regularly since a week.
Sir I have a four years daughter. After my daughter was born, my wife is is having pain in forearms and fingers and same way lower legs and fingers. As we suspect this may be result of poor diet after delivery. Can you pls suggest something remedial?
My son is vomiting. Before 5-6 days he was passing stools. Dr. said its for cold. He is not taking food. What should I give him to eat.
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A child have 4. 5 years suffering with over active. Is it possible that the same child have developmental delay problem? he is very over active child.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.