Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Laxman Basani BabuYour feedback matters!
I have 50 days baby , before 20 day baby navel is swelling and increase size Is that a prob. Or normal sign.
My son is 2 year old and last couple of months he has developed something which we are not able to diagnose what it is. All of sudden while playing or sitting he ll start breathing from mouth and with in no time he ll get some kind of attack which Will widen his eyes and mouth for few seconds and that time he ll stop responding. Its kind of a freeze for 4-5 seconds. I am very worried about the condition my son is going through, can any one help me with this.
My 10 month old baby has runny nose, sneezing and coughs often, my ped suggested asthaline expectorant (3ml -3 times a day) gladimol c (6ml -3 times a day) for 3 days. My baby weight is 8.20 kilo. I just want to check if this is the correct dosage for my baby.
My 2 months baby refuse to take mother's breast feed. We are trying hard to feed him but he refuse to take, while he is enjoying to take breast feed from others women. I wanted to know long consequences for the same. We are giving him formula milk. Should we give some additional supplement or any other techniques can we apply for breast feed. We require valuable input.
My baby is 1month old. He's just crying. What cud b the reason. Hez nt hungry, his diapers r also clean.
My son is 5 yes old he had viral fever last week but his fever was not down so my family doctor was giving him lumerax 40 12hrly but he was not not fine with that but now he is having abnormality in walking he cannot stand please help me.
My baby always start crying at night 9pm to 2 am daily what will be the problem and she is only 6 month old tell the solution.
My son having repeated fever after one weak before one weak platelet count 2.15 and dengue test was negative kindly advice further.
My son had loose motions yesterday. Used O2 and sporlac. Within one day motions stopped. Is it good for him?
- Prevention is better than cure as we all know, few tips eat plenty of fruits and vegetables organic as much as possible,
- Eat only fresh food avoid processed food and bakery products as they contain harmful food additives, avoid red meat if possible, sleep well minimum 6 hrs a day, avoid cold food if allergic,
- Do not use mosquito coils, liquid, do not smoke.
- Exercise daily as much as possible
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Tips to keep kids teeth healthy and strong:
• Wipe gums with a wash cloth after feeding to avoid plaque that can cause tooth decay
• Start brushing twice daily using soft bristle tooth brush once first primary tooth erupts
• Start using fluoride toothpaste at age 3- use only pea- sized amount. Make sure your child spits it out after brushing
• Try to break thumb sucking and pacifier habits by age 4
• Start flossing as soon as teeth touch/ contact each other
• Until children are able to practice proper oral health habits alone, parents should help their child brush and floss twice a day
• Require children who plays support to wear a mouthguard to protect their smile
• Parents can encourage their teens by reminding them that a healthy smile and fresh breath will help them look and feel their best.
1. Schedule your first dental appointment before child’s first birthday.
2. Start visiting your dentist every 6 months.
Hello doctors, My baby girl is 5 months old. She is getting cold often. And due that she gets itchy nose and eyes. She is getting irritated because of that. Her weight was 5.5 kgs last month on 5th august. Another concern is that she is getting lots of sweating on her forehead and head when she is drinking milk. Whether it is mothers milk or topfeed. Kindly advice on this.
Hai, my baby's feeding is too painful. My gynic recommended chymomax tablets for a week. While using there was no pain but after it is common. Now I am using nipple shield. Which one is safe for my baby either chymomax tablets or nipple shield. please suggest. If chymomax through out feeding can I use that tablets? If nipple shield for how many days a nipple shield should be changed?
This child diagnosed as psychiatric disease breath holding spell. Quite common nowadays. This child voluntarily hold his breath for few minutes :-) to make worry his parents to fulfill his wish..Beware of Emotinal Atyachar ;-)