Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lavina
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LavinaYour feedback matters!
Hello everyone. I am Dr Shilpi Bhadani, a plastic surgeon in Gurgaon. Today I will speak about Laser Hair Reduction.
Laser hair reduction is increasing in popularity as a method to remove unwanted body hair. The most common areas include the underarms, facial hair, the chest hair in males, the back hair also in males, leg, arms, bikini line. So there is almost no body part which is spared from laser hair reduction.
But it is important for the people who are seeking laser hair reduction to understand that, "what is the expectation and whether the reality will match the expectation or not?"
So, the first consultation with the laser specialist is important. And one must know the modality that is being used for the Laser Hair reduction. There can be multiple modalities like - Diode, Nd-YAG Q-Switched and IPL. Out of this, Diode and Nd-YAG are equally successfull an popular. However, the gold standard is Diode laser hair reduction.
The black hair is most effectively targeted and it is mostly targeted in the growth phase. Now, hair grows in a cyclic manner that is why it needs sessions to ultimately reduce the hair growth. And one thing you need to understand that it is not hair removal, it is hair reduction. So, although some people do achieve freedom from hair but gradually you will need maintenance and that will depend on person to person. Although it is not much. When you had about 6-8 sessions, then it is really good.
Laser hair reduction for the face usually sort after by women or girls who have the syndrome called as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in which there is Hirsutism that means the unwanted facial hair in male growth pattern is there. LOaser hair reduction is a very effective modality for this unwanted growth of hair but it must also be understood by the patients that PCOD must be treated. So, simultaneous treatment for PCOD is essential. So, you will need a consultation with person who treats PCOS liek an endocrinologist or a gynaecologist simultaneous to the Laser Hair Reduction.
So, it is grwoing in popularity and it is very very successfull method.
We do Laser Hair Reduction at our clinic. If you want to contact, you can contact me through Lybrate.
The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. It is tremendously important to stress upon the importance of using sunscreen. Using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun, but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness.
Two important facts about sunscreen are:
- You don't need to apply sunscreen if your makeup contains SPF - If any of your makeup products like foundation or powder contains SPF, do not assume that it can replace your sunscreen. Makeup containing SPF cannot protect your skin entirely as cosmetics are generally applied lightly and mostly doesn't cover places like T-zones, earlobes or hairline. To fully shield your skin from the sunrays, it's necessary to apply sunscreen or moisturizer with at least SPF 30 before putting makeup on. It is advisable to apply the sunscreen half an hour before stepping out for maximum benefit.
- You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or when you are indoors - Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
Following are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen:
- Do: Choose a sunscreen that is, at least, SPF 30+: That is the minimum protection that your skin requires. And if you must stay outdoors for an extended period of time, opt for a product with a higher SPF rating.
- Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors: For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
- Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face: Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.
I am 23 year old. Suffering from too much dandruff and hair loss long time. And hair volume get low.
Good day doc, I have been on clomiphene for 3 cycles now, the last dose I took was may 27th then I went for scan and they said my eggs are not matured enough. But now am on bromergon and folic acid because I still have fluid coming out from my breast. What should I do to make me ovulate normally. Thanks.
As you grow older, your physical appearance inevitably changes as your skin undergoes a lot of transformation. Wrinkle is one of the most common problems experienced by millions of people around the globe. But wrinkle may not always be a symptom of aging. Sometimes, younger people may also suffer from this distressing problem, as wrinkles can also appear due to overexposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun, excessive smoking or other health problems such as dehydration.
However, this problem can be taken care of, very efficiently, by wrinkle fillers. Through wrinkle fillers, medicine is injected into your facial skin to remove the wrinkles.
The different types of wrinkle fillers are mentioned below:
- Collagen: Collagen is the most common wrinkle filler, which helps to retain the skin's original texture. It can also bring back the elasticity and make your skin smoother. Collagen fillers also help to restore your skin's original collagen quotient.
- Hyaluronic acid wrinkle fillers: Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle fillers cause the least side effects compared to other fillers. They can effectively remove wrinkle lines and instigate the formation of collagen naturally. This is generally used for eliminating wrinkle lines caused due to aging.
- Synthetic fillers: Though synthetic fillers have certain side effects such as the formation of reddish colored patches on your skin or the appearance of bruises; but the good effects are more permanent in nature.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: It is used for softening your facial tissues and removing wrinkle lines.
Wrinkle fillers not only help to remove your wrinkles but can also give a lift to your facial skin, making you look more youthful.