Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Latha V
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Latha VYour feedback matters!
I am 60 male and my eyes are always watery. I get tears all the time and it flows outside. Dr. Says I have to live with it. Please guide.
I am a job doing person and my work is all in computers only. So please suggest me how can I avoid the chances of gaining obesity, anxiety, body pain and all other problems by doing long time work in computer.
Normally the eyes are the best friends. They blink together. They move together and always keep the visual axis parallel, how paradoxical it is that healthy eyes visual axis never meet but it is the eyes who make you meet the desired person in your life.
When visual axis is not parallel in any direction of gaze, we call it a squint
Squint can be congenital or acquired. Congenital squints are usually more difficult to treat. Acquired squint may be due to refractive error. They can be traumatic causing paralytic squint which is more difficult to treat.
If both eyes converge (turn inside), we call it convergent squint. If they diverge, we call it divergent squint.
The squint can be constant or inconstant (sometimes).
A squint patient has to be examined fully by a very competent ophthalmologist at the earliest opportunity. The doctor shall find out the type of squint, its degree, and its nature. Fundus has to be examined. Refraction has to be done. Convergent squint patients quite often have a hypermetropic refractive error and sometimes can be cured by spectacles and exercise. Myopic eyes most often have a divergent squint. In some patients, the squint is quite hidden (latent) and it appears occasionally when patient have a strong emotion or absent minded. Most often these squints are divergent.
The challenge in surgery shall depend on a degree of squint, an age of onset, type, and age of surgery. Ideal age of squint surgery is 5-10 years. More the age, unpredictable results. Simply drugs do not cure squint. Paralytic squint more challenging. Earliest the better
Hello ,I have eye sight from my childhood for right eye (7.0), &left eye (6.5). So I want to take lasik operation so I am asking about this treatment. thanking you.
I am 22 year old female. My ophthalmologist suggested me to have central corneal thickness test. I found this test is for the glaucoma diagnosis. Should I proceed immediately?
I am suffering with right eye nerve pain, I went to eye hospital more than 10 times they said eye is good, last I went twice to lvprasad 1st time they said do ent checkup I did ent ct scans in scans everything is normal and they prescribed medicine for migraine and said if not cured then go with neurologist and then I went there they prescribed some medicine that worked and I did not got pain for 3 months after again pain started and I went again there he prescribed other medicine but this time not worked pain got severe and I changed to other neuro doctor and here this also not worked eye became blur and feeling dizziness and I went to lvprasad eye hospital there eye is ok and said you do not have sight also no need to use glasses they said as you do not have much sight.
When was the last time you visited an ophthalmologist? Chances are that unless you faced a problem in your eyes recently, it must have been months or even years. Most people only visit an eye specialist’s clinic when they experience some eye problem. This is not a good practice since the best way to avoid severe eye complications is to detect them in their early stages. Since some eye conditions are asymptomatic in their early stages, these conditions cannot be detected without a comprehensive eye exam. Either you must be aware of warning signs or visit an ophthalmologist once a year to avoid eye problems getting severe.
Warning signs that need immediate attention
- Blurry Vision: If your vision has suddenly got blurry or you are not able to focus clearly on objects, then this can be due to an underlying health issue. In case the blurry vision is in any one eye, and it comes and goes, an eye examination must be scheduled as soon as possible.
- Obstructed Vision: If you are experiencing any visual disturbances in the form of flashes of light, floaters or obstruction of vision, then you need to visit an eye specialist within 24 hours. Such symptoms may be the result of some underlying retinal pathology or may lead to retinal detachment, retinal tear or retinal hole.
- Far or near sight: Over time, some people tend to shift their books or computer screens a little further away from their usual reading distance to improve clarity. This can be a sign of gradual blurring of vision, and it indicates that it’s time to have your eyes examined. The reverse also calls for the same. If you are reading a book or viewing the TV or computer screen closer than usual, then you need to visit an eye specialist.
- Headaches: Another sign that indicates vision problems is headaches. If you are experiencing frequent headaches, then this is a sign of vision problem. Since vision change is usually slow and imperceptible in its initial stage, a frequent headache serves as a warning sign.
- Ear pain: Temporary eye pain or strain is normal and is not a cause of worry since it usually occurs during seasonal changes or cold and flu. However, persisting eye pain or fatigue that last for over a few days is an indicator of some eye infection or serious health condition.
- Squinting: Other than that, squinting is one of the most common warning signs of future eye problems. Squinting reduces extraneous light from entering the eye and reduces light scattering. This act helps improve vision but is an unnatural reaction and is one of the first signs for children who need prescription glasses. If you squint more than normal, then it is time for you to have your eyes checked.
- Irritation and redness: If you are experiencing itchiness, redness, and discharge from your eyes, then you may have an eye infection. Consult your eye specialist and have the infection treated as soon as possible to avoid further complications.
Prevention is always better than cure and eyes are one part of your body that you most likely ignore unless the problems start looming large. When the warning signs are felt, it is better to seek medical attention to rule out any sort of complication.