Lybrate.com has top trusted Veterinarians from across India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Treatments For Birds
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
I have purchase my puppy from 500km away and travelled in train almost 12 hours. During that night only given milk one time and water. Then from next day I have given milk 3-4 times a day and small amount of time rice with milk continuously 2 days. Then since from last 2 days he is not eating anything and vomiting, dissentry and favour. I have given medicines for favour and vomiting but still he is vomiting but favour comes down. I am confused and very tensed what should I do?
If a dog get fractured in his back. He is in great pain, even painkillers are not working. How many chances he have for survive?
My cat has suffering from fever and sneezing continuously, eating sometimes only, what do I do for my pet cat?
I have 22 months german shepherd female. N she is not eating properly. . Her health is not developing .
I just intentionally stepped on my rabbit and it is breathing very fast from past 1 hour So sir can you please say me what to do now ?
Is giving oral anti tick pills safe for dogs? Does this medicine endectin10 has any adverse side effects? My dog has got ticks but i'm hesitating to give him this medicine. Kindly advice me with the better way.
Pl. Suggest is it true for a german shepherd breed that they should not sit on floor like tiles which can get them bad or deformed legs as such my dog just one month of age prefers to sit only on tiles,it never sits on dari or other mats.
I have a dog . He is Labrador retriever He is suffering from itch .Every time he itches .Every minute he itch he losses some fur. What to do?
We have a Cockerspanal & Dashhund mixed breed, 2 years male, Very active. The problem is he does not eat much. We give him Chicken/Mutton mixed with rice in the Morning and Night. Morning and Evening glass of milk. Pedigree is all the time kept in the bowl. The problem is eats only Chicken/Mutton and does not eat rice. He does not eat Egg or anything else. We have given him deworming tablet recently and we give him every 3 months. Pl. Let us know whether this is okay or what else can be tried. He has got some small tick in the body although we have treated him for tick. Please Advice.
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water n wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.
14-year old Lab with a huge boil on its left hind leg. Since we live in a hill station, far away from a vet, request advice. Thanks
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.