Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi ShirazYour feedback matters!
My gynac has given Letroz (letrozole tablets) along with Alivher ES (sildenafil citrate and estradiol valerate tablets). On cycle day 5 my follicle size was 14 mm, can I conceive in this month?
I am 25 years old, I am planning to my one kidney, if we donate one kidney we get pregnant or not in future and is there any problem. In further.
Which bra to wear regularly. I mean there are many types of bra? Is it harmful to wear bra during night time?
I want sex about. When the time sex do than get pragnency fast, after period, before period, period in between 15 days.
I had sex with two married women but those womens are medically no problem like std then what chances that I am safe?
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
She feels itchy most of the times at her vagina. She pees and then wipes it with dry tissue. She also consulted doctors, tried prescribed medicines, it works for few days and then same again.
My question to gynecologist that a punjabi girl her age is 44. She is late in her marriage and want to marry with me. My age is 40 which I am 75 born. She fear that we can't give birth to children because of this she is into fearing stage and not able to take the right steps please should I marry her. Should can enjoy sex life after marriage and have at least 2 children what will be right for me and also want give suggestions to her. In her fearing stage she going through.
There is a itching problem in the perineum location of the vagina and it seen little red and how the problem solved.
I didn't really have a penetration. We rubbed our bodies. I did ejaculate on her rear and it dripped a lil low almost to the vagina but had it wiped off but my girlfriend has symptoms like feeling sleepy during days, headaches. I'm worried if she is pregnant. Help.Please tell sir.
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
Irregular periods from past 2 years. Doctor suggested to take orofer tablets to 6 months. But now I'm suffering from same problems.
Hi I just had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last week! I took ipill within 24 hours of the intercourse. But now I am having headache and lower abdominal ache. Please tell ,Are these the side effects of the ipill? And my regular periods occur on 10 every month. So Will my periods will occur soon this time? Thank You.
New study published in Journal of Biological Chemistry, NewYork, that "Lack of Vitamin-A found in many fruits, vegetables, meat & dairy products may be also the one factor in development of Diabetes(type-2)". Vitamin A helps to boosts the activity of Beta cells(Insulin producing cells).
In English medicines for pcod how much months took already I no improvement for ayurvedic only I ate medicines periods problems came again so how much months want for cure in English medicines please tell me.
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
2. Excess sweet eatables should not be used.
3. Sugar should be taken in little quantity.
4. Hard water (which contains lime) should not be drunk.
5. Fruits juice should be drunk in large quantity.
6. Other treatment related to the eyes should be used to cure this disease.
7. The patient should not do reading and writing work in dim light.
8. The patient should not do any work which pressurizes the eyes.
9. Small and zigzag letters should not be read.
I have got symptoms of periods as my period date last month was 14 th Jan....Bt still periods have not started....as I have to go for travelling after one day so today I took the tablet regestrone to delay the periods. So I want to ask will it work now?? Is this safe to take the tablet after getting symptoms??
5 ways to chronic pelvic pain
Chronic pelvic pain can be caused due to various reasons. Pelvic pain, at times, can become unbearable and cause much discomfort to the individual. Immediate treatment of chronic pelvic pain is necessary, in such circumstances. However, just as everything in the world has natural remedies, there are certain natural remedies for such pains as well. One can try and harness the natural properties of the food that they consume in order to recover from pelvic pains. Some of the foods that can be consumed and which give a considerable amount of relief are listed below.
Yogurt: At times, pelvic pain is caused due to vaginal infection. To combat such infection yogurt is applied to the vagina and left for some time before washing it off. Yogurt contains lactobacillus bacteria which is considered to be a good kind of bacteria that helps in fighting its disease-causing counterparts.
Carotene foods: These include pumpkin, mangoes, sweet potatoes and even spinach. The carotene rich foods help in fighting the bacteria and help prevent infection in the pelvic region. Consumption of such foods at least twice a day would provide you great relief.
Garlic: Garlic contains sulphur which is an effective agent in fighting against bacteria and inflammation. Garlic does not only bring flavours to the food but helps in proper digestion and maintaining a healthy stomach. Thus, a combination of both turmeric and garlic can help a lot to combat severe pelvic pain.
Baking soda: Sometimes pelvic pain is caused due to bacteria growing in the intestine. The acidity of the intestine promotes the growth of these bacteria which causes pelvic pain. If you consume one tablespoon baking soda mixed with water every day then the alkalinity of the baking soda neutralises the acidity of the stomach. This makes it impossible for the bacteria to thrive and reduces pelvic pain.
Turmeric: Often pain in the pelvis is caused due to bacterial infection or inflammation of some sorts. Both these conditions can be tackled by using turmeric. Turmeric has anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which help in fighting against these problems and lessening the pain to a considerable amount.
Thus, you can try and apply these homemade remedies in curing your pelvic pain. However, if these remedies do not seem to work and the pain drags on or increases, then it is recommended to see a professional ayurvedic practitioner as soon as possible.
Homoeopathic Management in Gynecological Disorders
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health: Homoeopathy can offer good health to women in all stage of their Lives from infancy through old age. It is beneficial for the full range of emotional, mental and physical problems that a woman is likely to experience, and can help her through the transitional and developmental milestones of her life.
During the teen years homoeopathy can helps with the hormonal changes of puberty and the acne that often appears at this time, but primarily it can assist with the emotional upheavals, which frequently occur as little girls make the transition to womanhood.
Later in life when a woman gets pregnant, or has a hard time conceiving (homoeopathy can helps with problems of infertility, it can assist with difficulties frequently encountered, such as morning sickness and depression. By treating the mother during pregnancy and making her as healthy as she can be, we can insure that the baby will be born healthy and free of inherited diseases. By treating throughout pregnancy, we also assist the mother to go through childbirth safely and joyfully.
The homoeopathy healing art is beneficial in helping women overcome the effects of hormonal shock to the system, can occur after a difficult birth ,abortion, hysterectomy, and the use of birth control pills.
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health:
Homoeopathy can be used to treat many common physical and emotional symptoms associated with menstrual cycles, hormone imbalances, and pre-menstrual syndrome. Because of its emphasis on treating the whole patient on a physical, mental and emotional level, it is ideally suited for homoeopathic remedies w+ by stimulating the body’s healing system to regain a sense of balance, problems involving hormonal imbalances respond well to homoeopathic treatment.
Benefits of homoeopathic treatment for women:
Homoeopathic remedies are completely non-toxic and without side-effects. Hence, they can safely be ingested during pregnancy when other types of medicines cannot be freely prescribed. Further, when the mother is homeopathically treated during pregnancy, the foetus is also being treated. Since treatment is constitutional and nct symptomatic, both mother and child will be healthier, ensuring an Easier pregnancy and delivery.
Ideally, both parents should be treated before the baby is conceived as remedies act very deeply, right down to the genetic level. For example, a woman who has two children with cleft lips will be able to have a Third normal child if given the correct homoeopathic treatment before conceiving the child.
Regarding post-partum depression, much misery can be alleviated by homoeopathic treatment; remedies work quickly and effectively in cases.
Homoeopathy offers a safe and effective solution to the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause compared to HRT which has been found to cause many side effects ranging from nausea and varicose veins to strokes and cancer.
Many women suffer to the personality. Further, many women suffer from low-esteem in our male dominant world. Homoeopathic treatment strengthens the life force and enables the woman to have a stronger sense of self. The patient becomes more stable emotionally, more confident and independent. In many cases, there can be a dramatic change for the better.
What conditions can be treated-
Almost any affliction! Many examples are listed under categories below. The rest of page will highlight several conditions through remedy descriptions.
- Physical- anemia, chloasma (skin pigmentation), chronic fatigue, constipation, cystitis, genital warts, gestational diabetes, growths, hemorrhage, herpes, hot flashes, IBS, incontinence, insufficient, breast milk, mastitis, morning sickness, osteoporosis, piles, PM, poor libido, prolapsed, recovery from surgery, tendency to miscarriage, thrush, thyroid imbalance, vaginal infections, varicose veins.
- Emotional- anger, disappointed love, fright, guilt, grief, irritability, mood swings, post-traumatic stress disorder (eg after sexual abuse), weepiness.
- Mental- anxiety, depression, eating disorders, fears eg of flying, having a deformed baby, low confidence, obsessive- compulsive behavior, pessimism, post- partum depression, sleep disturbances, stage fright, timidity.
Premenstrual Syndrome: When treating a patient for PMS ( pre-menstrual syndrome), the homoeopathic practitioner will select the most appropriate remedy that covers the range of symptoms experienced. These include fluid retention , breast tenderness, headaches, irritability, weepiness, mood swings.
- Homoeopathic treatment is also effective in treating problems associated with menstruation- heavy bleeding, prolonged periods, painful periods, absent periods, etc. It is quite common for women who have experienced debilitating menstrual cramps for many years to have pain- free menstrual cycles after treatment.
- Homeopathy is commonly used to treat uterine fibroids, and homeopathic treatment may prevent the need for a hysterectomy.
- Symptoms of menopause also respond to homeopathy- hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings. See the section on homeopathy during menopause for more information.
- Homeopathy can also be used to treat infertility conditions. Homeopathy can also help couples conceive even when there is no know medical reason for the infertility.
- The range of conditions that may be treated with homeopathy is very wide, and includes cystitis, migraines, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, eczema, hay fever, bladder infections, gallstones or kidney stones, respiratory ailments etc.
- In addition, homeopathic treatment is safe and effective pregnancy. It can help with symptoms of morning sickness, heartburn, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
- Increasing numbers of women are making use of homeopathy during labour and childbirth, and homeopathic treatment can be very helpful after delivery, or during breast- feeding
- Homeopathy is truly a friend to women. It is a comprehensive system of medicine which is able to meet the needs to people in all facets of their lives, and through all of life’s transitions. By strengthening the immune system and helping to balance the mind and the emotions, homeopathy can help women achieve the higher purposes of their lives, and feel their very best.
- Homeopathy is ideal for those looking for a safe and natural, as well as complete system of medicine, especially those wanting to take more responsibility for their own health. Homeopathy can be used to treat most illnesses- whether chronic, acute, or first aid.