Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi SharadaYour feedback matters!
I have white heads on my face and on my back and black spot also I want to remove this all suggest me some medicine or some tips and I also want to be little fair I m brown skinned boy.
I have nodular scabies and I started my treatment on 21 September 2016 firstly my doctor prescribed me permethrin 5% lotion which I was applying on 21st 22nd 25th 28th with ivermectin tablets in a week I still felt so itchy den I met with my family physician on 2nd October he prescribed me gamascab lindane lotion which I applied on 2nd october 3rd October and 4th October and den on 08th October with safe medicines now my skin heel and rashes and red bumps are gone I still feel itching but it's less den previous now I wana know should I apply more lotion or not or when this itching gone or what precautions I need to take.
Winter made your hair rough and dry and it also caused you many problems and during winter, you wished ‘if only it was summer’ and now that summer is here you are cursing it ironic isn’t it?
Ah, we all have the habit of cribbing and complaining about everything, one thing is not over and we start cribbing about the next one. We humans are like that, we all love to complain, but what to do, summer are indeed a bane to the hair as much as winters are. Winters make the hair dry and frizzy and summer makes them sweaty and itchy. You feel like washing your every day to get rid of your itchy scalp, don’t you?
In addition, to top it all, the summer this time seems to be bent on troubling everyone, the heat is just getting unbearable day by day. Well but you don’t worry too much because i am going to give you some tips to cool your scalp and yourself this summer, so read on to find out.
First thing is make sure that you avoid going out in the sun from twelve to four in the afternoon. The sun is at its best during this time and if you go out during this period then your hair will be at its worst.
Make sure that you cover your hair, when you go out in the sun; I know you might tell me it is already too hot and on top of that covering the head with a scarf or a hat will just make us sweat more, but listen, the sun is very harmful for your hair. The ultraviolet rays of the sun aren’t exactly very good and I think you know that, so cover your head with a scarf or a hat.
Wash your hair thrice a week, remember only thrice a week, and don’t wash it every day. Too much shampoo and chemicals will spoil your hair. In addition, if it gets unbearable then wash your hair with plain water; avoid chemicals as much as possible.
Tie your hair. I know everyone likes keeping their hair open, but in summer, tying it up will be more convenient and it will also provide you relief from the sweat.
Hence, these are some of the tips; you ought to follow to maintain your beautiful hair thorough out summer.
Mere sare baal udd gaye kya koi tarika hai jisse mere baal wapas aa jaye. Please ho to batao. Koi ghar ka upay ya fir koi medicines.
I am 22 years boy my hair is so curly since my childhood but now it is more sticky even I applied hair oil, hair fall also nowadays happen and one or two gray hair also seen. Help me how to cure it?
Dear Doctor, I am using Itraconazole 200 mg since many days for the treatment of Fungal infection, infection declines at the time of usage but recurs after usage discontinuation. Suggest me the solution to come out from the infection permanently. Thanking you,
I am 25 years old and having lican planus skin disease. Please advise how it comes from? Many thanks.
The vaginal or the vulvar area is a well-lubricated area which serves various functions. Vaginal dryness can be not just an embarrassing issue, but an overall health issue. One of the main reasons for decreased sex drive in women is vaginal dryness. Though a woman of any age can have vaginal dryness, it is common for the following groups, menopause, after childbirth, during lactation, and in women on hormone replacement therapy. The hormone levels play a major role in the vaginal dryness, and so these conditions lead to increased dryness. It can also lead to vaginal itching and burning. It may also lead to bleeding in severe cases. There is a host of associated complaints like mood swings, irritability, depression, hot flushes, and reduced libido in these women. Homeopathy offers to help get rid of not just the dryness but these associated symptoms as well.
The most commonly used, three homoeopathic remedies for treating vaginal dryness are Sepia, Lycopodium, Platina, Argentum Nitricum, and Natrum Mur. Each of these should be used based on accompanying symptoms, and self-medication is not advised. The doctor will have a long discussion with you to identify the associated symptoms and then draw up a customised treatment plan. However, the indications for each of the ingredients are listed below. Given the sensitive nature of the topic, it is also advisable to include the partner in these discussions as they can cooperate and help in managing the mood swings and in working out alternatives to the impaired sexual life.
- Sepia: One of the most widely used compound to treat vaginal dryness, it yields great results when it is associated
- Painful sex and bleeding following intercourse
- Associated with menopause and therefore mood swings and hot flushes
- A bearing down sensation where the woman feels the uterus is going to slip down into the vagina
- Genitals are tender to the touch
- These women have an aversion to sex
- Lycopodium: This is another commonly used ingredient, and indicated in women who have vulvar dryness is associated with vaginal burning sensation
- Platina: The vaginal dryness is accompanied by genital hypersensitivity, increased sexual urge, and itching. It is also useful in cases of both dyspareunia and vaginismus (involuntary contractions of the vagina).
- Argentum Nitricum: This is most suitable when there is painful sex followed by bleeding.
- Natrum Mur: This is useful when there is itching and soreness in the vaginal area associated with an acrid discharge.
- Bellis perennis: This is useful when there is a bruised sensation in the vagina, which leads to interruption of intercourse.
As noted above, these are some common ingredients but should not be used without consultation with a doctor. Involving the partner is also useful in getting improved results.
Hello My sister has got too many pimples on her skin suddenly. Initially we thought it's because of the hot weather but even when the weather is cooler. There are no improvements. Help?
I am having heavy hairfall, since last two. Months. My family background is also of baldness (alopecia ) I am applying tugain 5% lotion n having shelcal ct and keraboost tablet but not going well as expected, please suggest me the best way I do not want to see my self bald, what are the precautions n care to do so? please reply.
Whenever I go in swimming pool and come at home my skin colour became dark so which cream to use before going to swimming pool.
I have been suffer from receeding hairline since past 3 months. Hairfall & dry scalp is also observed. What should I do?
The skin around the eyes is usually one of the first areas to show signs of aging. There are four noticeable changes that occur around our eyes as we get older. These are:
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Eye bags
- Scleral show
There are many causes for these conditions and they affect each person differently. While some people show signs of aging early, others continue to look youthful for longer.
Let's take a look at four common causes for our eyes to show signs of aging:
- Loss of fat and bone tissue: As we age, the fat in our facial muscles begins to clump up and shifts downwards. As this happens skin begins to sag. The loss of fat is also accompanied by a loss in bone tissue. This makes the skin under the eyes sag further as they lose their underlying support. A loss of fat and bone tissue also leads to hollow surfaces on the skin which results in dark circles.
- Loss of collagen: Collagen is a protein that gives the skin its strength and structure. It is also important in the production of new skin cells. Collagen production is affected by a number of factors such as exposure to UV radiation, smoking and high sugar intake. While these are controllable factors, one uncontrollable factor that affects the production of collagen is aging. As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, the production of collagen reduces. With the loss of collagen, skin becomes thinner and veins become more visible. This also results in a thinner epidermis that makes fine lines appear and causes wrinkles around the eyes.
- Loss of elasticity: Along with collagen the other protein responsible for the firmness of skin is elastin. Elastin helps the skin return to its original state after being stretched or pinched. As we grow older, the production of elastin is also reduced. This loss of elasticity is visible around the eyes as skin begins to droop. The eyelid muscles are also one of the most used muscles in our body. We use them unconsciously every time we open and close our eyes, squint, wink etc. As the amount of elastin is reduced the eyelid skin no longer returns to its normal state every time it is used. Thus it triggers the appearance of wrinkled skin around the eyes.
- Weak muscles: Muscles also grow weaker as we get older. This causes the fat sacks to protrude through the skin leading to bags under the eyes and puffiness. A weak levator muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelids can also cause the eyelid to appear droopy.