Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Ratna M.
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi Ratna M.Your feedback matters!
Most of us experience or suffer from some or the other side effects of air pollution in our lives. However, with the recent surge in the level of air pollution, the air quality has taken a plunge. The smog and particulates in the air cause multiple health problems.
So is there a way we can protect ourselves and our loved ones against this pollution?
Yes! Just by adopting these basic methods one can easily combat the ill effects of air pollution.
Always cover your face with a handkerchief or mask. Tying a handkerchief on your face to cover your nostrils can provide some protection; although it is minimal. Respiratory masks, such as N-95 and P 100 provide advanced protection against air pollution.
Use an air purifier inside the room as they help filter out suspended particulates which can cause breathing trouble, coughing, wheezing, sneezing and even trigger asthma attacks. Although they are slightly expensive, you can still consider them as a long term investment for the protection of your health.
It is advisable to avoid areas with heavy traffic as the pollution level is high in such areas. Try and avoid using two-wheelers and autos, if not possible, two wheeler riders should wear proper mask and glasses, in order to protect their eyes.
Keeping plants in your home is always advisable as they are the natural air purifiers, because they absorb carbon dioxide and also bring down the level of other poisonous gases.
It is also advisable to clean the filters of your AC frequently, so that the air that is being circulated is clean and free of dust particles.
Avoid smoking at this point of time, as at this point of time it is not just a health hazard, but also an environmental hazard.
Consume foods, which are easy to digest and support your lungs in withstanding the effects of air pollution especially those foods which are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin A and C.
- Asthma patients, should keep their inhalers and medication close-by. It is very important to safeguard against asthma attacks triggered by pollutants.
My mother was on Thalidomide for 2.5 years post 6 cycles of VAD for MULTIPLE MYLOMA. Doctor has stopped medicine as reports suggest that disease is under control. However she is getting loose motions since she has stopped medicine. Is there some advice?
My mom is 39 years old. She has undergone'hysterectomy' 4 and a half months before. Just below the umbilicus, she is experiencing pain. When she reached out to the doctor who had done her operation, she said its just an intestinal infection. Please give me your suggestions on this.
For the benefit of couples suffering from infertility, modern medical science has introduced several innovative procedures. Some of the popular procedures are In-vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI), Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), donor eggs and embryos and so on. In addition to these, there are several drugs and surgical procedures that help the couple in getting rid of infertility. Among all these procedures, IUI has gained popularity in the field of gynaecology and infertility treatment procedures. The IUI treatment is also popularly called as artificial insemination procedure. Although this is a popular procedure, it is appropriate that you should also understand its pros and cons.
IUI procedure in brief:
Sometimes nature needs help to start a pregnancy - and the doctor can do this by giving the sperm a piggy back ride through a fine tube into the body. This procedure is called intrauterine insemination (IUI) or artificial insemination with husband's sperm (AIH) - and effectively, the doctor is giving nature a helping hand by increasing the chances of the egg and sperm meeting.
In this method of IUI, the sperms are removed from the seminal fluid by processing the semen in the laboratory and they are then injected directly into the uterine cavity. It is not advisable to inject the semen direct into the uterus, as the semen contains chemicals (prostaglandins) and pus cells which can cause severe cramping; and even tubal infection.
Conditions precedent of IUI Procedure:
Before initiating the IUI procedure, the fast moving eggs are separated from the slow moving eggs. This separation is done in the laboratory. Further, in order to undergo IUI procedure, the women should be less than 40 years of age. On the other hand, apart from healthy fallopian tube, the women should also have higher ovarian reserves. Also, the sperm should have minimum mortality rate. However, IUI procedure is adopted only if the fallopian tube is healthy. IUI procedure is suggested in case the couple is having difficulty in vaginal intercourse, either because of psychosexual reasons or for reasons of physical disability.
The IUI procedure can be performed either with the partner’s egg or with the donor’s egg. Some of the other important aspects of IUI procedure are briefly discussed here:
- The IUI procedure is a short duration procedure and it can be completed within a few minutes. This procedure does not cause any discomfort or pain. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation or administration of anesthesia. Further, the procedure also does not cause any side effects. In fact, compared to the IVF procedure, IUI is cost-effective.
- In order to enhance the level of success, the gynaecologist may suggest IUI procedure every month. In some cases, the gynaecologist may also prescribe a few medicines to simulate the ovulation procedure. Except this, IUI may not involve extensive medication.
You may undergo the IUI procedure under the supervision of sufficiently experienced gynaecologist. Further, you may also ensure the hospital is equipped with modern state of art machineries for carrying out the IUI procedure.
I want to have a baby. Me n my wife are planning from last 6 to 7 months but we don't succeed. Please suggest us.
I'm having itching inner walls of vagina. Mild itching. Tried candid powder didn't help. Please suggest.
Musli powder extra is a pill or powder, if taken is it disastrous in terms of side effect, will it not affect my fertility as I am planning for pregnancy of my wife soon n suffering from erectile dysfunction, please suggest.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
I had my c sect on 26 nov. Post delivery my weight was 64 n today 66. Is tht fine. By whn can I start lifting weight? Can I bent?
There are many things we do in our daily routine that can have various repercussions. The state of our skin is one of these. Starting from what we eat to how we shower and what kind of a skin care regimen we follow, there are a variety of factors that can affect the way our skin behaves. So are you showering the right way? Find out the best way to shower if you want healthy and glowing skin that retains its elasticity for a longer time.
- Turn it to Cold: Did you know that standing under hot water for too long can actually rob your skin of its moisture and make it look shrivelled? That’s right, the temperature of the water can actually make your skin good or bad. So turn the knob for a cold shower and enjoy an energetic shower, which will leave your skin looking dewy fresh. The water should not be completely cold, as harsh temperatures can have the same effect as extremely hot water. Instead, make sure that you find the perfect room temperature or luke warm setting with which you can shower every day.
- Showerhead: This may come as a surprise to you. Your showerhead actually determines the health of your skin. This showerhead is usually packed with dirt and grime that we know nothing about. Showering with this dirty showerhead can actually lead to a host of health issues in the long run including a slowdown of your immune system, as per the views of many doctors. So unscrew the showerhead and give it a good rinse in a mug of hot water. Use a toothbrush to easily dislodge the loose dirt and the grime that may have settled in layers. Take special care of the tiny jets, which should not get damaged in your cleaning spree!
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Remember to lather your locks in the right way by diluting the shampoo a little before spreading it evenly over the rest of your scalp. You should also do the same for your conditioner and let it stand for a few minutes before you wash it off.
- Exfoliation: Keep this activity to a minimum to avoid excessive abrasion of the skin. Use soft foam on a daily basis and keep the exfoliation to a minimum with one or two sessions a week.
- Cleansing: While the bar soap is the cleanest option, the loofah is not. So, if you are using a loofah on a daily basis, you will have to clean it up properly before you hang it to dry. Also, ensure that your bathroom has plenty of ventilation so that it may dry properly before your next use.
Hello doctor. My boyfriend is sexually active, but the problem is that he does not want to use condoms at all! I tried thousand times to explain to him but he does not want it. Instead, I told him that I would take proper contraception timely so that I do not get pregnant. We agreed on sex at most once a month or once in two months. I am 19 years old, please suggest what precautions should I take? What pills are recommended? Will taking too much contraception at this age prove harmful for future? Will I be able to conceive later? Will I be too prone to STIs? If so, then how often should I get my checkups? Will I have I take frequent blood tests and ultrasounds? What can I do for precautions against stis? I need serious advice! Please help me, what should I do?
I want to know symptoms of pregnancy? I mean to say the symptoms that says she's pregnant? How many symptoms are there?
Hello doc, Can anybody pls tell me what actually is vaginitis. I get multiple responses. How can my doc confirm that I am suffering from fungal?
His period is not coming regular. Some times this is comes in few months .and always pain in his body and foot generally in periods times.
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution.
I need to put copper t without my husband's knowledge. Did he experience it when intercourse and how much it will cost.
HELLO my last period was on 4 feb and i had sex on 23 and doctor confirmd me that i ovulate on 24 and today on 25 m filling dull frm morning and my nipples gets hard is it sign of preganncy i am expoecting my next period on 4th march
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!