Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi RatnaYour feedback matters!
I had my periods last time on march 14th. Always I used to get periods 3 to 4 days before ie this month april I supposed to get my periods on april 9th. But still I did not get my periods. Am I pregnant or not? If pregnant I need to keep which date as my count, whether 14 or 9. Help me.
I am suffering from vaginal infection from past 3 days. Having itching n rubb swelling. Its getting worst. I used to wash it with V wash. But nt effective. Kindly prescribe me some medicines l, ointment which I can purchase from chemist store & precision which cn cause more infection into this.
My question is my wife some time suffer from period issue like she suffer from more blood during her period. Is this normal or any physical problem? thanks.
Hello Dr. am 7 week pregnant undergone sonography no clear cut foetal pole is seen. Dr. kya bahut problem ki baat hai. Dr. ne 14 days baad fir se sonography ke liye bola hai. Main eltroxin 25 mg le ri. Kya thyriod k wajah se baby growth delay ho ri. My Dr. said am very anxious is wajah se ho rha. Kya problem hai mjhe.
My grand daughter is 4 months old, she rejects breast feeding for last 10 days (nursing strike), kindly what can be the reason, what's the remedy?
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, I got sex intercourse on 23rd feb, normally mine 32 days cycle last period starts at 4th Feb mine next expected periods 8th march. Any pregnancy symptoms before my periods? It's possible to know before periods? Any chances to get pregnant?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 18th May with protection, but was not sure about the condom. So she took Unwanted 72 on 20th May. She had bleeding on 21st May which continued for 3 days. She had her period on 14th May and ended on 17th May. To be sure, she had a pregnancy test on 28th June. The result was negative. She is perfectly fine but till now she did not have her period since then. Is she pregnant? Or is she having any problem? One more thing, she was having irregular periods before such incident. And this is the first time she had Unwanted 72. Please advice.
Hi doctor. Im suffering for urinary problem.I am married. So my problem is when we close together so burning starting.It is in 10min.So pls help me.Tell me any remedies
I'm 28years old. Married 1years 1 month back planning for a baby and have tried last two months last month had few symptoms n had pms severely and got my periods. This month we have tried before during n after ovulation. My last cycle first day was Mar 23 n this month expecting April 20 th this month I don gave any such pain but have white discharge for past two days while urination no odour or itching. N until now no pms. But feel very tired often. Is there a chance of getting pregnant what Will be the symptoms. I was anxious last month this month I don think about it much still since I'm routine on my cycle want to know whether I'll have any problem in getting conceive. But my body is perfectly fine with regular normal symptoms n hormone generation like others. So I feel that I'm healthy. Please advice.
My sister's menstrual cycle discontinued for about 53 day rather than 21days. We were happy about her pregnancy but the problem was she can't check her pregnancy and not consulted a doctor due some busy schedule. But after 53 days her menstrual cycle is back, we are depress now. She is complaining some lower abdomen pain also. What is actually going on, we will consult tomorrow, before that I want to ask doctors about it. Is she was pregnant or MC can be this much delay. Before this she always had regular period. Please advice and help.
Sir I had sex on 1st april with condom and after 3 hrs I take unwanted 72 then I have cold, fever, increase urination and nausea but on 4th april am again had sex with condom but today I have bleeding not likely periods its like low in amount and my last periods was on 19th march after that today I done my urine pregnancy test it was negative then please consult me what should I do? Is that am pregnant or not please help me soon and yesterday I take 6 to 7 almonds in afternoon tym is there is any role of almonds in bleeding or its a symptom of implantation bleeding please help me.
She has pain in her right breast already consulted a physician but it is still same. Can we should go for mamography.
I have a follicle cyst of 5.5*4.9 cm in a ovary and I have lot of pain in abdomen area and the pain is unbearable what should I do. Is this operate this cyst.
Super Fact of the Day: The nerve impulses to and from your brain travel at the speed of 170 miles/hour!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!