Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Priya
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi PriyaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my mom is suffering from knee pain since 3 years. Now when she walks she looks like she is In pain, so she is not able to walk properly. I want you to suggest a permanent solution to this. I want my mom to walk normally. Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance.
I am 39 years old. I am suffering from knee and joint pain since 3 years. I get this pain specially during sleeping at the night time with frequent urination. After doing urine I get relief from the pain. I could not sleep the entire night and my feet keeps on releasing heat with the pain.
Hello sir I am karthik shiudavarapu from warangal working as software developer so daily eight hours I am had to sitting chair past 6 months so im suffering with back pain I used many tablets it can't work please help me suggest me sir.
While I wake up I am unable to walk properly. Properly. particularly right foot. Foot. I haven't any medical problems I.E back pain. My weight 60 k. K. G, age 36yrs, height 5.4.
Knee injuries are the most complex injuries of bone and cartilages. A direct hit can lead to this situation. You may get this injury while doing your daily activities. An activity as simple as walking or a deadly accident can lead to this injury. You never know, when you are left with a damaged knee. In critical cases, you are advised to undertake a joint replacement surgery. According to latest studies, doctors replace more than a million knees or hips in a year in the United States. It is a life-changing procedure. But you need to know whether you are the right candidate or not? Follow the below-mentioned points to get a clear picture:
Reasons to replace your knee-
- Pain and stiffness: If it hurts you a lot while you are walking or trying to climb stairs, it may be an indication of having a new joint. It has to be also noted that whether the pain is long-term. You know that you need a new joint when there is pain for at least 6 months.
- Your injured knee hampers your daily life: It is not the only pain that might be a cause of worry. Your injured knee can hurt your entire life. It will limit your daily activities, hampering your office work and personal life. It will upset you and drive you towards depression. To get rid of all these issues, you can opt for a knee replacement surgery.
- Bone damage: Before taking up the surgery, you must consult your doctor. He or she will ask you to conduct X-rays and other imaging tests first. The reports will clarify whether or not you require a surgery. The reports will show that whether you are suffering from osteoarthritis or other conditions.
- Deformity: The surgery is needed when your knee gets severely swollen and looks deformed.
When joint replacement may not help?
There are a number of situations when the joint replacement may not help. These are as follows:
- If there is any infection in the body, you cannot take up this surgery.
- It is always advised to get rid of the extra kilos, in order to get the best results of the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!