Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi NarshimanYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old man. I have habit of smoking I tried so many times to quit. But I can't quit so long. After few days or after a week I have tendency to restart it. How can stop it completely. Help me.
Always I feel some sorts of mental anxiety, unknown fear, tension. Especially in the crowd. Because from childhood I have grown up like a lonely boy. In house I feel well. But outside I feel uncomfortable. How can I get rid of it?
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am feeling depression due to my exams & I got headache and I am unable to concentrate in my study please tell me what to do.
My wife is lose interest in physical relation since last 4 years now situation is very worst, when ever I insist her she denied and if she ready force fully it was like rap what should we do?
I am suffering from chronic urticaria since more than 2 years and it has reached level of auto immune disease. I am also suffering from knee joint pain in both the knees while climbing stairs and as per knee x-ray membrane is damaged. Though I am taking lupivastin and rosehip extract (Co-rosiflex C) but pain has not subsided completely. Since last 3 months I developed pain in upper right arm and shoulder. I took pain killers for few days 2 -3 times but the pain did not subside so my doctor suggested for USG of arm which showed muscle rupture (suprataneous) and fluid collection in upper arm and I am undergoing physiotherapy as advised. The pain increases while sleeping and I have pain in upper arm and shoulder on getting up as well. After some exercise the pain is relieved but it mild pain remains which aggravates by night or occasionally during day while driving or doing some particular activities. For last few weeks I have developed similar kind of pain in my left arm and shoulder. I want to know what could be the case of such pain, is it related to auto immune conditions or is it due to something else. What course of action is recommended for diagnosis and treatment.
I feel depressed. just feel like to kill myself. please give me some solution so that I can get rid of this, or else I might die. what the hell is wrong with me. I am unable to control my anger too.
Hello I am suffering from mental problem science 3 year and more. Sympotms are. 1. Heavy brain 2. Tight muscles 3. Loose conciousness 4. Trouble in doing normal activity like reading, thinking. Etc 5. More hungry.Please do help
I am a 28 year youngster & from past 3 years I feel very weird things like negative thoughts, fear of death from every potential threat, blood pressure always is 100/140, restlessness, breathing problem, palpitations, loss of memory, feeling alone & be alone, cholesterol at 230. These all are happening each day & make my life hell. I don't want to adjust it with & rest of my life. I need permanent solution. Please help me out ASAP.
Hi I have recently got married. i feel really depressed. Miss my home alot. I also had fights with my husband and the fights in which there was physical violence also. I also fought back and gave him back. He is very impulsive. Now evrything is alright. But still feel very depressed. What can I do.
Whether Smoking is having any relation to 2nd sleeping,blood sugar ,wheezing and Reflux easoephagus ?
Hello Dr. I always feel depressed, tensed irritation and serious looking at everything I do not know what to do ?
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship.