Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Kanth
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi KanthYour feedback matters!
Sleeplessness and role of homeopathy in treating it.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. - Irish Proverb
Sleep has a profound effect on our physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. You must have realised so often that we feel very fresh and energetic after a good night's sleep. And when we do not have a good night's sleep, we feel tired and irritable the whole day, our productivity decreases, we are feeling sleepy, and our whole schedule goes haywire. Sleep is the time when body undergoes repair and detoxification. Poor sleep patterns are linked to poor health and those who sleep less than six hours a night have a shorter life expectancy than those who sleep for longer.
When you sleep your muscles are relaxed during sleep and some blood circulation meant for the brain is diverted towards the muscles to repair them.
A person is said to be suffering from sleeplessness or insomnia when he/she wakes up frequently during the night or too early in the morning or has difficulty in falling asleep.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
1. Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
2. Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
3. Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
4. Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Common causes of sleeplessness:
When it comes to causes, there are several such as -
- pain or discomfort while sleeping
- use of certain medications
- interference in your normal sleep schedule
- having heavy meals or stimulants like caffeinated drinks and nicotine
In addition, there are also some medical conditions that can develop or aggravate insomnia, such as,
How does homeopathy help in treating insomnia
Since sleep disorder is of critical concern, homeopathy treatment offers an excellent remedy as it doesn't involve any side effects. A professional homeopath first studies the symptoms of the disorder and offers remedy accordingly. These remedies go to the root cause of the problem and are not meant to just provide symptomatic relief, apart from the medicine, you will be guided about certain lifestyle changes they should make.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.