Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My husband is not interested in me any more he is just reaching 40 year, what to do how can i make him happy ?
Regardless of whether the cause is a tumor, trauma, stroke or any other illness, any injury which inflicts damage on your brain cells is considered to be a brain damage.
There are two types of brain damage, both of which interfere with the standard functioning of the brain.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): Either resulting from a tumor or a neurological illness, for instance a stroke, this type of brain injury originates from the cellular level and is commonly linked with brain pressure.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It results from any damage imparted to the skull usually from an external and physical force like a blow to the head or a head accident, which in turn damages the brain.
How severe the brain damage is depends largely on the type of brain injury. Mild brain injuries are temporary, causing headaches, memory lapses, nausea and confusion. On the other hand, severe brain injuries cause cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments which are often life-changing and permanent.
Acquired brain injuries may be caused by:
- Being exposed to toxic substances
- Choking, strangulation or drowning
- Heart attacks
- Neurological illnesses
- Illegal drug abuse
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Physical violence
- Head blows
- Falls and other mishaps
Whether acquired or traumatic, symptoms of brain damage can be classified under four major groups:
1. Cognitive symptoms generally include
- Having a hard time processing information or expressing thoughts
- Difficulty in understanding others or abstract concepts
- Memory loss
- Short attention spans
2. Physical symptoms generally include
- Excessive physical fatigue
- Extreme mental fatigue
- Persistent and frequent migraines or headaches
- Sleep disorders
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
3. Perceptual symptoms generally include
- Spatial disorientation
- Smell and taste disorders
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Changes in hearing, seeing, or touch sensations
- Unable to perceive time
- Balance problems
4. Emotional or behavioral symptoms generally include
- Decreased stress tolerance
- Heightened or flattened reactions or emotions
- Impatience and irritability
What do we mean by Polycystic Ovaries?
Ans: Poly means many (multiple) and cysts are fluid-filled areas. Thus, a woman with polycystic ovaries will have a higher number of follicles (immature eggs which look like small cysts) in her ovaries. Because of more follicles growing in her ovaries, these appear larger in size on ultrasound. It is like to accommodate more number of students in a classroom, we need a larger room.
Polycystic ovaries are very common affecting 20 in 100 (20%) of women.
Having polycystic looking ovaries on ultrasound does not mean you have a polycystic ovary syndrome. Only around 6 or 7 in 100 (6 - 7%) of women with polycystic ovaries have PCOS and we need to look at other symptoms and hormones to diagnose this condition.
I hv vaginal infection, I want to know is this the reason for bloated stomach too. please give suggestion or treatment to cure vaginal infection.
My wife next mensuration will start on around 9 december. I.e 9 -14 dec. .what is the best date to get her pregnant.in this month and next month also. Pls! Mention the date range.
If a girls sept. Months period starts on 17.09.16 and oct. Months period starts on 22.10.16 then what is the possibility of her ovulation in these november months? She had an unprotected sex on 15.11.16 and within 10 hours she took an ipill .is there any chance of her pregnancy ?also what is the possibility of her period in these month?
Hii we are trying best to conceive a baby but its been arnd 9 months ntg happened. please give us some tips also I had done my semen analysis test done which came to b positive. please guide me how to conceive a baby.
I stopped using dronis 30 since one month 10 days I didn't get my periods yet. I had protected sex intercourse 4 months ago and after having sex I got regular periods for 3 months, is there any chance gor pregnancy?
Hi mam, my wife is last stage in pregnancy. But 2 days, facing itching problem on all body. Can you suggest me what we do?
I had sex with my gf on 15 Feb and her period delayed by 3 days. Her last date is 9 feb. Is there any chance to get pregnant? She is 25 year old. I had a safe sex but I think that condom was break not sure but there is a chance. What should I do now? She is also taking some kind of weight loss Ayurvedic tablets.
I have regular periods but has less periods as compared to my normal quantity. I have very hard stress on mind and I continuously think day and night about it. Would this stress effects my periods?
Dear Doctor, I got married one month back, my wife has nt got the periods yet, we have done pregnancy test on the 40th day, it was negative. Could you please tell us what ll be d reason.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea.