Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
It would be my first time sex when to sex to prevent pregnancy without using condom and what lubrication should I use.
It is important to note that there are certain signs, which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think:
- Fatigue: Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
- Reduction in appetite: A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. A reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
- Muscle aches: Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
- Fever: A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
- Swollen neck glands: The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses, which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands.
I ended up with my periods on 23 of Jan .yesterday again bleeding started with pain in my stomach. What's the problem?
After MTP done last month I yet doesn't got my periods is my progesterone level is low? If so then what to do for periods to come.
Hi doctor, I'm 24 year old female. I am getting irregular periods from last month. And I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries earlier, but then my periods were regular. I got period 3 times in the last month. The last period lasted longer than a week into next month (this month, February). Bleeding was light, with reddish brown color. Then I started bleeding again this month, and the bleeding is normal to heavy. Today is my third day. Should I take Femovan (21 day regular contraceptive pills) to treat irregular periods? Is it safe for my age? Will I gain weight, if I take it?
Hi Sir, I had sex with my wife without any protection. She was on period at that time. After 18 hrs of sex I given her i-pill. Will it prevent her from pregnant.
How do I use saheli pill? What day should I start? After how many days of 1st pill, can I have intercourse? Will saheli affect my future ability to have children? I am 20 years old female.
My girlfriend telling she had breast pain from till night and if he puss them then they are paining. And they also get so hard what she do? . Please help
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your life without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted
Intra Uterine Device
A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off
- This causes puncture in the uterus
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting
Depo Provera Hormonal Injection
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue
- Decrease of bone density
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place
Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and also blood clots in rare cases
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted
This mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely.