Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take Sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee i.e. clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with Vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with Vatahara Oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: Dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: Jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari Gulam: Improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming Shatavari Gulam.
4. Pulileham: Pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: Shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: Apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation.
Do you have Mood swings before periods?
It is possible that like millions of women worldwide, you could also be suffering from PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome.
PMS is diagnosed if a woman persistently (more than six months) seems to be suffering from a group of symptoms. Mood swings, irritability, feeling of loss of control, bloating, headaches, breast pain etc are part of the symptoms.
These symptoms appear a week or ten days before the onset of periods and subside when the menstrual bleeding starts. The first two weeks from the onset of periods are relatively easier and symptom-free.
7 Tips to reduce your mood swings:
1) Well, the first thing to do is to tackle the situation head on rather than feeling helpless over the whole situation. Stop blaming other people in your life like your husband, brother, children or mother-in -law for your mood swings.
Accept that this situation happens to many other women like you and you are not alone.
2) Try practicing relaxation techniques like Meditation, Yoga, deep Breathing exercises and Pranayam. It helps you give greater insight, to calm down and reduce the extent of swings.
3) Chamomile tea and Supplements contain Evening Primrose oil which is available over the counter may help to soothe frayed nerves.
4) Eat a healthy diet and avoid high salt and sugar containing foods. Include fresh fruits and salads in your diet. Your diet should contain enough vitamin B,D, and calcium. If you are not sure about the diet, you could take supplements for a few days and see if it makes a difference.
5) Exercise regularly, even if it is for 20 min a day. Get outdoors and try to get the benefits of early morning sunshine.
6) Get enough sleep and listen to the signals your body sends you about fatigue and rest. Allow your body to rejuvenate and renew.
7)If nothing works and your mood swings threaten to upset your social or personal lifestyle, please consult your gynecologist who may want to prescribe pills to tackle the whole situation. Anti-anxiety drugs sometimes help to correct the balance of a chemical called serotonin.
I and my girlfriend recently had unprotected sex, and within 36 hours she had Unwanted 72. After almost one week she is bleeding. The first bleed had some kind of a clot. How can I know whether she is pregnant or not?
Hello. Sir /madam my friend have some problem during toilet. Blood bleeding during toilet.Please tell.
I finished with my periods on 16 .and had unsafe sex on 21 .after dat I ate one whole papaya on 26 and had little bleeding like spotting but after dat I again ate 2 papayas. And had done pregnancy test twice and the test was negative. But my period date is 12 but still do not have periods. Am I pregnant?
Doctors help me please meri girlfriend ki age 17 years hai pichle sunday humne sex kiya tha but koi protection use nhi ki thi or na hi uske bad koi contraceptive di maine usko or aaj bhi sunday ko hi hmne fir sex kiya or aaj bhi koi protection use nhi kiya to kya pregnancy ke chances hain or kaise pta lgega ki usne conceive ker liya hai aap koi contraceptive suggest kijiye jo usko bilkul bhi nuksan na pohochaye jiska koi side effect na ho or agar conceive ker liya hai to kya kru?
I have stomach pain and soiling at periods time what will the problems arrival and what should I do for be safe and give me precautions Also.
Mjhe 2 months me ek baar periods hote h. Or is baar 1 march se 10 march tak huye. Phir dubara 27 march se 31 march tak hua.
Female, I am 50 Years old. Height 158 cms. What is my ideal weight. I m 58 kgs now. But look very thin. I used to be 72 kgs and I brought down by weight to 58 by neuropathy. I am yet to reach menopause, what shall I do? Please advice.
Hello, doctor.I got married before 4 years. But still I don't have baby. When we go treatment. Doctor said that I was wit pcod. My egg growth is normal. I'm having regular periods. I'm eat tablets and now drinking APCOD sachet. What is the next step to get pregnant.
Looking for the path toward a healthier you? it’s not hard to find. The journey begins with some simple tweaks to your lifestyle.
The right diet, exercise, and stress-relief plan all play a big role.
Follow a heart-healthy diet — there’s an easy recipe if your goal is to keep away problems like heart disease and strokes.
– eat more fruits and veggies.
– choose whole grains. Try brown rice instead of white. Switch to whole wheat pasta.
– choose lean proteins like poultry, fish, beans, and legumes.
– cut down on processed foods, sugar, salt, and saturated fat.
Exercise every day — the more active you are, the better, meng says. Exercise boosts your heart health, builds muscle and bone strength, and wards off health problems.
Aim for 2 and a half hours of moderate activity, like brisk walking or dancing, every week. If you’re ok with vigorous exercise, stick to 1 hour and 15 minutes a week of things like running or playing tennis. Add a couple of days of strength training, too.
Vaginal yeast infection: causes, symptoms & natural tips to cure
If you’re busy, try short bursts of activity throughout the day. Walk often. A good target is 10, 000 steps a day. Take the stairs. Park your car far away from your destination.
Lose weight — when you shed pounds you’ll lower your risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
Aim for a slow, steady drop. Try to lose 1-2 pounds a week by being active and eating better.
“it doesn’t have to be an hour of intense exercise every day,”.
“any little bit helps.”
As you improve, dial up the time and how hard you work out. If you want to lose a lot of weight, try for 300 minutes of exercise a week.
Healthy diet not just important but is a necessity
Cut down your stress — it can take a toll on your health. You probably can’t avoid it altogether, but you can find ways to ease the impact. Don’t take on too much. Try to set limits with yourself and others. It’s ok to say no.
To relieve stress, try:
– deep breathing
– healthy eating
Take time every day to invest in your health.
Most of us today live a hectic life be it pressing deadlines or tiring social engagements, but in all this hustle and bustle we tend to often neglect our health. Do we know that today for all of us there is a great need for preventive care, especially in today's world where the threats are magnified. This also includes being able to get the proper guidance to imbibe a healthier lifestyle with regular tests and health checkups that will help us in knowing our present state of health and will help is in identifying risks and threats well in advance.
Did you know, that almost seven out of ten fatalities or deaths are caused due to chronic disease and that half these cases do not recognise the early symptoms and risks with proper screening and regular
check ups. Sounds familiar, are you also one of those who have never cared for preventive healthcare check ups?
These preventive health checkups are actually life saving, as they update you on how fit and healthy you are. Preventive health care basically deals with the prevention of diseases and conditions that may be caused due to environmental factors, genetic predisposition of the patient, lifestyle choices as well as disease agents. In this field, constant check ups and preventive action equips people to deal with and ward off these causes so as to prevent the onset of a number of disease and ailments. Here is everything you need to know about preventive healthcare.
In today's time it is very simple to get a preventive health check up done, all it takes is a simple blood and urine test at a lab and you will be able to know all you need to know about your health. Further, if there has been an outbreak of an epidemic where you live, then preventive health care will help in getting the right tests done at the right time so as to ensure that you get the proper vaccinations. With preventive healthcare, you can also get genetic testing done on a regular basis so as to learn more about preventing diseases like asthma, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and many others that one might inherit genetically.