Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi, After taking proluton injection 250 mg for the 1st time during my 28th week of pregnancy Will I have to take it again after 1 to 2 weeks or it’s fine if I don’t and will deliver a baby after nine months? Or still any chance of still having a pre-term birth?
Period k kitne din baad sex krne pr ldki pregnant ni hoti h Nd sex krne k bad agr period tym se phle aaye to koi chances h kya pregnent hone ke Plzzz reply me.
Hello doc, my this month period is not not yet started my date was 7th Nd I checked pregnancy test but it's negative, I been to doc Nd she gave premature some kind of tab, she said after taking this my period will start, but it's been I week it's not yet started doc Nd suddenly I'm feeling that my stomach was bloating from fews days I have taken omee tab for gas I have taken from Medical store, even I feeling fever Nd cold from last week. Present cold is not there then also my feel my voice is like I have full. Please help me out doc. Or suggest me gud tab so my period can start. Even I have cough frm 1 week it's not curing.
An often painful condition usually involving the bowel, ovaries or the tissue lining the pelvis, endometriosis is characterized by the abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue beyond the premises of your uterus or your pelvic region. The endometrium, in fact, functions perfectly normal with each menstrual cycle, but because of it being displaced, it cannot exit the body and consequently gets trapped.
Besides causing severe pain and distress, endometriosis can also adversely affect fertility. When the ovaries get involved, certain cysts known as endometriomas tend to develop which often result in the formation of scar tissues and adhesions.
Complications associated with it
- Infertility: Impaired fertility is the most common kind of complication arising from endometriosis, with approximately one-third to one-half women having problems with pregnancy. During endometriosis, the fallopian tube gets obstructed, thereby restricting the union of the egg and sperm.
How best to treat it?
Depending on how severe your symptoms are, endometriosis can be treated via the use of medications or through the advent of surgery.
- Pain medications: Certain medications, including pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, are particularly useful in providing relief to painful menstrual cramps.
- Hormone therapy: Undergoing hormonal therapy can help ward off or reduce the pain of endometriosis, but it should be kept in mind that it is only a temporary fix and that symptoms might reoccur. Hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: This can either be done through laparoscopy or, in more extensive cases, through traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques: These include In-vitro fertilization (IVF), and are sometimes more preferable over conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is usually done in more severe cases of endometriosis whereby ovaries are also removed with uterus and cervix. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had sex using condom on first day of my periods. I took test at home 2 times and was negative. But I received bleeding before 5 days of my periods and it bleed for only 2 days and then having brown spots till 5th day. I don't want to get pregnant. What is this?Am I pregnant?
But My Health is not good." Health excuses range all the way from the chronic "I don't feel good," to the more specific "I have got such and such wrong with me."
- "Bad" health, in a thousand different forms, is used as an excuse for failing to do what a person wants to do, failing to accept greater responsibilities, failing to make more money, failing to achieve success or just another Defense Mechanism to escape from one's Obligations and Responsibilities.
- Millions and Millions of people suffer from Health Excuses. But is it, in most cases, a Legitimate Excuse? Think for a moment of all the highly successful people you know who could- but who do not- use Health as an Excuse.
- All Physicians and Surgeons say the perfect specimen of Adult Life is Non-Existent. There is something physically wrong with everybody. Many surrenders in whole or in part to Health Excuses but Success- Thinking People do not.
For instance, the Correct and Incorrect Attitude towards Health can be Detrimental.
Incorrect Attitude: - A young Chap of about 30 visited a psychologist and said, "I have got a bad heart, and I have got to hold myself in check". He went on to explain that he'd seen four doctors but they could not find his trouble and asked what he should do.
The psychologist said to him that "I know nothing about the heart, but as one layman to another, here are three things I'd do. First, I'd visit the finest heart specialist I could find and accept his diagnosis as final. You've already checked with four doctors and none of them has found anything peculiar with your heart. Let the fifth doctor be your final check. It may very well be you have got a perfectly sound heart. But if you keep on worrying about it, eventually you may have a very serious heart ailment. Looking and looking and looking for an illness often actually produce illness.
The second thing I'd recommend is "Emotions Management". Three out of every four hospital beds are occupied by "EII" or "Emotionally Induced Illness" people who are sick right now would be well if they had learned how to handle their emotions.
"Third, I'd resolve to live until I die." Declare to yourself "I am going to live until I die and I am not going to get life and death confused. While I am on this earth I am going to live."
Correct Attitude: - On the other hand, after the noise of the take-off, one of the passengers heard a tickling sound. Rather startled, he glanced at the fellow sitting beside him, for the sound seemed to be coming from him.
The second fellow smiled a big smile and said, "Oh, it's not a bomb, it's just my heart."
Further, he said and assured, just 21 days before, I had undergone an operation which involved putting a plastic valve into my heart. The tickling sound, he explained would continue for several minutes until new tissue had grown over the artificial valve. The first fellow passenger asked him what he was going to do.
"Oh," he said, "I have got big plans. I am going to study law when I get back to my country. Someday I hope to be in government work. The doctors tell me I must take it easy for few months, but after that, I'll be like new."
There are two ways of meeting the health problems. The first fellow, not even sure he had anything organically wrong with him, was worried, depressed, on the road to defeat, wanting somebody to second his motion that he could not go forward. The second individual, after undergoing one of the most difficult operations, was optimistic, eager to do something. The difference lay in how they thought toward health:- Attitude about Health!
Therefore, it is warned that "Diabetes or any other lifestyle-related ailment is a physical condition, but the biggest damage results from having a negative attitude towards the same. Worry about it and you may have real Trouble."
There are two kinds of people; one who has a very mild case belongs to that fraternity of the living dead. Obsessed with a fear of the weather, he is usually ridiculously bundled up. He's afraid of infection, so he shuns anybody who has the slightest sniffle. He's afraid of overexertion, so he does almost nothing. He spends most of his mental energy worrying about what might happen. He bores other people telling them "How Awful" his problem really is. His real ailment is not Diabetes. Rather, he's a victim of Health excuses. He has pitied himself into being invalid.
The other extreme is a division manager for a large publishing company. He has a severe case; he takes about 30 times as much insulin as the fellow mentioned above. But he is not living to be sick. He is living to enjoy his work and have fun. One day he said, "Sure it is an inconvenience, but so is shaving. But I am not going to think myself to bed. When I take those shots, I just praise the guys who discovered insulin."
My girlfriend (24 years) is experiencing itching in left breast and a tiny lump in right breast, she is about to have her period after two days, is it due to PMS or she have to go for checkup Some times a transparent white discharge comes out from nipple after squeezing the breast Please help and suggest treatment!
Dear Doctor, good evening! I am 4 months pregnant and used to get blood spotting from 2nd months onwards quite frequently. However it got stopped almost for 18 days after taking injection and sustain tablet. In 25th Nov morning again I got bleeding one time so did emergency scan. Everything was normal. Today my doctor asked me to meet her senior doctor and after examine she told me to do one scan tomorrow again and told the my cervix measured is 3.2 cms only which normally should be 3.5 to 4.5. Hence if the same distance will come in tomorrow's scan also then she suggest me to do internal tightening stich. But then she mentioned that 1 percent abortion risk will be there and if I don't do the stitching also risk will be there. I request you all the doctors to please help me to find out the solution to keep my baby safe and healthy. I am sure you all will be having different experience like my case. I really expect helpful solution please. This is my first pregnancy.
1. Basil decreases swelling in joints and relaxes muscles.
2. Lemon removes toxins from the body.
3. Bananas have powerful anti-viral properties.
4. Fennel soothes pain and relieves cramps and spasms.