Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi DeviYour feedback matters!
Every shape is pretty until it stays in shape. Take a healthy diet to stay in perfect shape n to live a healthy life.
I delivered a baby through c section. Post that, I am not having enough milk to breast feed baby. There is very less and baby was loosing weight. I was given an injection as well as lactare powder to increase milk. It's been 3 weeks post delivery and I still don't see any effect. Is there any tablet or any other efficient way I can increase breast milk.
Respected doctors, I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I have to urgently go for a travel of 5 hours by car and then come back on same day. My gyne gave me two hcg injection regarding this. But I am still concerned. whether it is safe to travel or not. please give me your advice. Thanks.
This is about my wife, she is 34 years and around 68 Kgs. She has gained weight drastically in the last 1 year. She started gaining weight after delivering the baby. In the last 1 year, she had baby abort pills to get rid of unwanted pregnancy. I want to understand the reason for this weight gain and how to get rid of this excess weight.
Is a cycle of 24 days normal? What are the causes of early period and how to manage regular 28 days cycle naturally.
My wife have just got pregnant, As per Sonography it is of 6 weeks. As we have two children already. We don't want this. What is the safest way to remove it. Will medicine be enough.
Me and my husband trying for a baby from last two years. We had sex according to the calculation of our evaluation last month and after 13 days like on 27 Jan ,17 I had cramps with little spot of blood and then went away. And today I have bleeding but its not like my normal period. My cycle is not regular as its is expected on 7 Feb, 17. Can you please suggest what exactly is this?
I am 29 years old female and single and I have noticed that my breast is producing milk or kind of discharge and I have googled it read all. Is this not a serious problem? What should I do now?
Hi. My 5th month of pregnancy is about to end. I'm having severe cold. I am not able to breathe through my nose at all. I've taken steam but still the condition is same. I haven't slept the whole night as I'm unable to do so. Please suggest me something good.
Suppose a girl lost her virginity (her hymen broke and she got bleed at her first intercourse) And couple of times she got sex A few years later she had intercourse Is there any chances that she will bleed again regarding hymen?
I am 4 months pregnant. Is that good to drink green tea during pregnancy and will it be useful for removing under eye and face wrinkles. Which brand green tea is good and natural.
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases. When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
Here are the most common signs that can tell you that your thyroid is not functioning properly due to deficiency of iodine.
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.
My wife is having multiple fibroids in uterus, in that three are big in size, gynaecologist suggested lap surgery to remove uterus, please suggest what to do?
I am pcos patient. Last week I had an ultra scan In that I have cysts in ovaries. So doctor said I am pcod. My right ovary size is 4.0*2.0*1.8 cms:8.1 cc. Left ovary size is 4.4*1.7*2.2 cms:9.1 cc So please tell me how to cure my pcos.
Hi I am Smita. I have irregular periods from september 2015 to May 2016. I want to conceive. So I consulted a gynecologist. She gave me CCQ 200gm. I was continuing this fir 3 month (june to august). My period occurred perfectly after use this. Bt this month doctor gave me "susten" I am already missing my period before 7 days. Is ther any problem for stop the medicine CCQ?
I have pcod. I am taking yunani medicine. My period come 3 months late or more. In the first semester of my medicine I got normal period but now the problem started again. What should I do?
Foreplay refers to the preliminary acts preceding the sexual intercourse. Foreplay isn’t given much importance although it is the crucial part of the entire sexual experience.
Why is it important?
Biological Perspective: From the biological perspective, it is extremely important, especially for a woman to indulge in foreplay. Foreplay enhances the arousal, thus causing the erection of the clitoris. The clitoris functions similar to that of the penis. The rushing of blood to the clitoris leads to its erection which is necessary to achieve an orgasm. Foreplay also elicits vaginal wetness which makes the proceeding penetrative sex easier and painless for both, the man and the woman. The lack of vaginal wetness causes the sexual intercourse to be rather painful and sometimes involve some amount of bleeding. Contrary to the popular myth, foreplay is equally important for both the sexes. According to research, men and women both reported of achieving better orgasms when there was a greater build-up of sexual arousal.
Psychological Perspective: From the psychological perspective, foreplay instills the feeling of security and causes less vulnerability. The lack of foreplay apparently gives a sense of being neglected and denies the emotional assurance needed by most. Research shows foreplay enhances the relationship of the couple outside the bedroom. Foreplay is essentially important in long term relationships as it helps in enhancing the feelings of togetherness. Foreplay is also important in letting the partner feel they have your attention and care. It is essential in instilling psychological security and emotional wellness.
Also, it is necessary to achieve mutual pleasure from the sexual act and hence, attention must be given to the need of both the partners for a fulfilling experience. Foreplay is important in achieving orgasm, especially for women who do not necessarily achieve an orgasm through penetrative sex. With everything said and done, there is nothing wrong with an occasional skipping of the foreplay if that is what both the partners want. It is important to see what each partner is getting out of the entire sexual experience and work according to it.
Tips to have a great foreplay-
- Aim for the area around the lips: People mostly focus on the plump part of the lips, ignoring a sensual, arousing sweet spot which borders the lips. Your lips and its periphery contain several blood vessels. Slowly brushing through that area will give you a tingling, almost ticklish sensation that will run through your spine.
- The little triangle: The entire neck region is a highly erogenous spot. This includes the ears and the spot behind it, the neck and the shoulders. However, the junction where the collarbone meets your neck, the little triangle, has a thinner skin enveloping it. Linger around the spot a little longer maybe, before running down to the more obvious erogenous regions.
- Trail the thighs: The area around your thighs is home to one of the most explosive nerves that can simply make your breath go into hyper-drive. Start with supple, soft kisses around your thighs, with stray light strokes. This excites your genital area more because the nerves on the thighs directly lead to the genitals. This move will probably have your partner asking for more.
- Talk dirty: This act can have your partner flying off the handles if done right. You may want to test the temperature first in order to know what degree of talks does your partner like. Whether he is into low-key dirty talks or full-blown adjectives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.